carat
color
clarity

Gene get your loupe out ......

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may want to run your professional eye over this one .............. :loopy:

For $14,000 one might expect Dior or Chanel haute couture. But a little-known brand has trumped the major labels in price with a diamond-encrusted gown that it is marketing as a prom dress. Indulgent parents should start saving now for the design by Dress Goddess, which has the precious stones hand-sewn through the bodice. According to the company website, the gown is adorned 'with an assortment of genuine diamonds valued at more than $13,000'.

Dress Goddess, which believes the design is the most expensive prom dress ever made, compared it to Victoria's Secret's famous $2million diamond-encrusted bra, modelled by Adriana Lima last year. Company president Jon Liney said: 'We have been selling prom dresses since 1969. Starting in January of each year, our customers search for the most unique prom dress ever created. 'The $13,997 Prom Dress delivers exactly this... Exclusive one of a kind extravagance. 'Victoria's Secret has their $2million bra and now Dress Goddess has the $13,997 Prom Dress.'

For thriftier students, there is a cheaper alternative to the gown, which is available in U.S. Sizes 00 to 12.

A $398 version comes with shimmering beads and sequins in place of the diamonds.

Parents - start saving now! :bigsmile:

diamond dress1.jpg

diamond dress2.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I'd rather have a 14k piece of jewelry and make my dress.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Can't help thinking that you won't get many diamonds for $13k...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I have a son, I wonder how should a man's prom attire from the same company look like...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora|1298831528|2860549 said:
Can't help thinking that you won't get many diamonds for $13k...

Ditto. I'd rather have the $398 dress and buy jewelry with the $13k.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results