shape
carat
color
clarity

My newest stone, an emerald cab.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to share my newest stone. As much as I have been trying to hold back on buying colored stones, I could not pass this one up. I got it from Art Cut Gems. Rick offered to send it for grading, but being that the report was 50% of the cost of the stone I decided it was not worth it. I got a couple of little gem boxes which I found are great for stacking so that I can get the stone on the level with the camera. I took these with my SLR, which is great for color, but I don't have the proper lens to get close up shots. Tomorrow I am going to try with my little camera which has a nice digital macro setting to get the detail pics.

Specs
Emerald Cab - stated origin is Colombia
1.2 cts
7.39x5.86x4.13 mm
A few eye visible inclusions, but for an emerald I find it very clean. When I loop it, I see all sorts of stuff. The biggest thing I see is some chipping at the girdle, which was disclosed. I am hoping to cover it with a setting.

EmCab1.png

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here are some pictures with my tsavorites. The one that is set is a medium dark green with some blue. The loose faceted stone I would consider a pure green. The sugarloaf is a medium green and seems to have the most yellow of all of them.

EmCabTsav2.png

EmCabTsav.png

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Last ones for tonight.

A shot to look at size. My diamond is about 6.7mm in diameter. And than some pics with my spinel just for fun because I love the pink/green contrast.

EmCabPink.png

EmCabHand.png

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very lovely!

-A

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! It definitely has a Colombian color to it (IMO)

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I love that glow! :love:

It almost seems to have a power, doesn't it?

Emerald is a cool stone, and that one is just gorgeous. :cheeky:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love those greens!!!!!! It's gorgeous!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's gorgeous. Cabs have a way of just looking like delicious candy

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh that picture of the spinel and the emerald cab is my favorite. I get the chills in a good way, watching that color combination. :))

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
LtlFirecracker, that is a beautiful colored stone!
I love all your greens, My Favorite!!!!!
More pics ??? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I let out a loud "OOOOHHHHH" at your set tsavorite. Wow. All of them are Wow. Great collection!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so pretty and next to the tsavorites, makes them look yellowish green. I love how bluish green your new cabochon looks. Thanks for the green + hot pink combo picture as it reinforces my opinion that the two colours go well together for my own project (as long as I can find the right pair of Mahenge spinels).

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a wonderful stone, like many great stones that are cabbed it seems to have a halo around it. Very pretty color!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Ltl,
The gem has a lovely blue secondary. Isn't Rick a pleasure to work with?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Arcidian - thank you

devi_el_major - Thank you. I don't know that much about emeralds, but the color looks like the other Colombians I have seen.

iLander - Thanks, it does seem to have a little glow around it. It is a cool effect.

FrekeChild - Thank you, I have no idea what I am going to do with all these greens but I love them all.

missdebby - Thanks, I think you are right about cabs.

ooo~shiny! - Thank You. I have some more pics, not as good as the ones above though. I will post them next.

JewelFreak - Thank you. The tasvorite that is set is my second and still one of my favorite colored stones. However, I want to reset it.

Chrono - Thanks. The emerald has more blue in it for sure than my other stones. Right after I got it I wrote to Rick and told him I could not believe how much blue there is in the stone. The pink/green combo is wonderful. I snapped another pic for you with my burmese spinel and all my green stones. The color is not as good as the ones above (the sun was already starting to set), but it is a fun pic.

crasru - Thank you. I am thrilled with the color and it does seem to have a little glow.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Harriet|1297821203|2852807 said:
Hi Ltl,
The gem has a lovely blue secondary. Isn't Rick a pleasure to work with?

Yes he is. I just received a very nice e-mail today from him. Thank you for the complement, honestly, the blue secondary was a very pleasant surprise. But I love it.

I took a group picture inspired by your aviator. I hope you don't mind ;)) .

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
OK, so the color was harder to capture on these. These are the close up pics taken with my smaller Canon. This will have to do until I can get a better lens for my SLR. But it shows some of the details and inclusions that I thought would be fun. IRL, the stone looks more like the pics above and these details are hard to notice. But I like seeing gemstones close up, it is what makes them individuals.

EmCabhand2.png

EmPro1.png

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Back to the SLR. I took a pink/green stone group shot before the sun went down. However, I did not have as much daylight as I did when I took the first group, so it was a bit tougher. The first shot is the best all around shot of the stones. The second does a good job of getting the pinks, but the green did not come out so great.

If I can afford it, I would love to do a halo around this stone. Have not thought of too many other ideas.

PinkGreenGp2.png

PinkGreenGp1.png

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy!

PS. Of course I don't mind.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
LtlFirecracker|1297822533|2852828 said:
Back to the SLR. I took a pink/green stone group shot before the sun went down. However, I did not have as much daylight as I did when I took the first group, so it was a bit tougher. The first shot is the best all around shot of the stones. The second does a good job of getting the pinks, but the green did not come out so great.

If I can afford it, I would love to do a halo around this stone. Have not thought of too many other ideas.

Love your new emerald cab!

LOVE :love: LOVE :love: LOVE :love: the pink and green combo!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
brandy_z28|1297872200|2853092 said:
Love your new emerald cab!

LOVE :love: LOVE :love: LOVE :love: the pink and green combo!

Thank you very much, the pink/green combo was fun to photograph.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the hot pink + green combo! Love it too.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Fun colors! Love the photos.

Laura

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Largosmom!

Chrono, glad the pink/green shots are helpful. I can't wait to see what you end up doing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results