shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's latest drop 2/6/2011

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the rubelite that is already sold is killer.

MoZo

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously, the color is amazing. I hope a PSer got it so we can get more photos!

I tried to buy this malaya garnet, but haven't gotten a confirmation email so who knows if I actually got it or not, lol. The cut looked interesting though, sort of acorn-esque.

malaya.png

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm. How did you know that he had a drop? Did he send out an email?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
you have to subscribe to his blog :)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mint garnets rough. Umbalites. And of course spessartite. Some of us have serious plans to buy all spessartites produced by Mother Earth...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I want that Tanzanite! Just put in a new HVAC system, so no buying at present, boo hoo. Looking at the pics of his rough, I died & went to heaven. Can't wait to see what he does with them, mmmmmm.

--- Laurie

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oh...... Somebody pull me off the ledge, hurry !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Must. Resist. My Birthstone. Tanzanite....... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
crasru|1297070232|2845442 said:
And of course spessartite. Some of us have serious plans to buy all spessartites produced by Mother Earth...

Right there with you. Have anything new to share?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That tanzanite is jaw dropping gorgeous! I love the colour play within the stone; it’s a pity I’m too afraid to wear it. I do see some nice rough from Gene’s Tucson trip so I definitely have plans to get a couple stones from him.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indeed, that tanz is gorgeous! I'd be seriously tempted if I didn't already have one from Gene.

I did indeed get the Malaya garnet, yay! The color really struck me, and the cut is cute. I'm guessing I'll likely need a custom setting for it since it looks so deep.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I thought the color and cut of that garnet was really great too! congrats

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1297096906|2845616 said:
I thought the color and cut of that garnet was really great too! congrats

Thanks!
I actually thought the garnet was more "padparadscha" colored than the padparadscha colored sapphire also listed.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Me too. It was actually hard to see the pad in that paradscha. The color on that garnet is really sweet. Thats also becoming one of my favorites of his cuts. There was a tiny peridot about 5 months ago same cut that was fantastic. a few months ago I wrote him an email about this cut, saying how much I like it.
Any plans for it yet?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No plans, have to see it in person first!

I likely won't be setting many of my stones for a bit since I'm conserving most of my funds for a big graduation project. But if I really like the color on it, it will likely go into some form of ring.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1297056332|2845373 said:
the rubelite that is already sold is killer.

MoZo

+1. Totally drool-worthy . . . I saved the pic of both the cut rubellite and the rough from his earlier post. Just like delicious candy. YUM.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results