shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting For Three Stone Ring- Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

J

Rough_Rock
Hi. I''ve been reading the threads here for a few weeks but this is my first post. This is a great source of info for someone like me, who didn''t know the first thing about diamonds a few months ago. I''m looking for help finding the type of setting my gf wants. I thought finding the right diamond would be the hard part, but it turns out that the ring itself has been more of a challenge. She wants a three-stone, yellow gold ring with engraving or filigree. Its also important to her that a wedding band be able to sit flush against the ring without needing to be custom made/"curved". I have been googleing endlessly and still haven''t found quite what she wants. Here is a picture of something that comes close (the setting, not the stones). There are only two problems with this: 1) From the side view (which can''t be seen in the picture) there are gold hearts under the stones which I don''t think she''d like. 2) The wedding band would have to be contoured. Most of the engraved/antique style rings that I''ve seen are platinum. From what I''ve read, platinum is a better metal for engraving/detail. Is it a bad idea to try to get engraving or scrollwork on a gold band?

My second question is, is it realistic to look for a three-stone ring that a straight wedding band would sit flush against? Would getting diamonds that are set higher or getting a wider band on the engagement ring be factors that would allow a straight wedding ring to sit flush against the e-ring?

If anyone can point me toward the type of ring I described, or clarify for me if it even makes sense to look for what I described, it would be a big help. Thanks!

J
1.gif

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/7/2004 10:40:48 PM J wrote:

Hi.
My second question is, is it realistic to look for a three-stone ring that a straight wedding band would sit flush against? Would getting diamonds that are set higher or getting a wider band on the engagement ring be factors that would allow a straight wedding ring to sit flush against the e-ring?

If anyone can point me toward the type of ring I described, or clarify for me if it even makes sense to look for what I described, it would be a big help. Thanks!

J
1.gif
----------------

J, did a search and found these two. You just described why a wedding band would sit flush against them.
256-half-bezel-three-stone-ring.jpg

01-518.jpg

J

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I like the bottom picture you posted, though I am planning on a .9ct center stone and smaller diamonds on the side, as opposed to three of the same size.

I might try to get a gold ring without engraving, since thats a lot easier to find, then look for engraving with her. Anyone have an idea of what it would set me back to have the outside of a gold ring engraved?

Thanks,
J
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results