shape
carat
color
clarity

A ques. for those who bought settings from Eternity Diamonds

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered a few sample rings from Eternity Diamonds- Bianca, Tessa, Anya, & Lauren :cheeky:

I was talking to Yoni and he said I could either:

A) send him my diamond, registered mail, and he would set it.
or
B) he could make the setting I want, mail it to me, and a local jeweler could set it.

For those who ordered a mounting from ED, which option did you choose?

Thanks!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Re: A ques. for those who bought settings from Eternity Diam

I ordered a setting over the weekend. It's the Anya with the side profile of the Lauren. I'm having Yoni make the ring and send to me to have a local jeweler set. It's not made yet I'm not sure if I want it as a RHR or to wear on my left hand. My RB doesn't have papers, it's from my MIL and I found a jeweler who will let me watch him set it. I feel better that way. I've sent diamonds across country registered mail, it made me nervous but definitely doable. Please do share when you get yours!

TimMD

Shiny_Rock

I am definitely not as knowledgable as most on these forums and have no experience with Eternity but I had a nice radiant stone once that I took to a local jeweler to have set and somewhere along the line, the diamond was damaged. It turned into a huge catastrophe and he tried to deny any responsibility. I guess my learning point with future pieces for me is I would prefer to have the creator of the setting actually set the diamond because I feel more comfortable with the person who made the setting working on the setting (some places have warranty stipulations if another jeweler works on the setting) and they likely will proceed with more caution as they have more responsibility for the piece. Also it is all about working with a jeweler you trust, whichever route you chose. Not sure if that helps, but wanted to share my experience.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I'd send it to Yoni...a lot of jewelers don't want to set stones in settings you didn't get from them, so if that's the way you think you want to go I'd find one before you make a final decision. Also, I would imagine that Yoni won't charge you extra to set the stone, while another jeweler (who doesn't get anything out of this deal) will charge you....

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was also going to suggest that Yoni set your diamond too. In fact if I go with one of his settings, I'm going to have him handle the making and setting of the whole thing. I haven't read a single negative comment about Eternity Diamonds on our board, and I know from speaking to Yoni personally that he seems like a very nice man who is also anxious to please Pricescopers. He knows and understands how particular we are about our jewelry!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

Thanks everyone! If I go with Whiteflash, it's required to send them your diamond for the setting. If I go with ED, I think I will just send Yoni my diamond.

Thanks again!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock

I had mine set here instead of having Yoni do it because my DH is paranoid...and so am I. Also I didn't like not having my engagement ring for that long of a period time. I think if DH hadn't pushed for us to set it, I would have just paid the $30 to have Yoni do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results