shape
carat
color
clarity

New Kojima Pearls Coming

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I ordered these tonight from Sarah! :appl:

They are GINORMOuS, 14.2 x 16.4, and will make a really impressive pair of earrings. :love:

Here's the info

"This is a pair of gorgeous natural color, creamy white, South Sea baroque pearls. One is more banded than the other at the “top”. Very fine and smooth surface quality, with even coloring and beautiful luster. This is a very well matched pair, undrilled, and both are approximately 14.2 X 16.4 mm in size. Total weight for the pair is 8.1 grams. Please let us know at time of purchase if you’d like us to drill the pearls for you."

I asked her to drill them, and got an email in couple of hours saying they were drilled and on their way.

They are a little more circled and banded than I usually like, but I think I can hide some of that with a pearl cap.

Hope I like them. . .

Web address, look quick, because she takes them off the site pretty quick :http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/south-sea-baroque-pair
:wavey: :wavey: Don't forget, her sale ends tomorrow, so email her quick for the discount code if you want the 11% off.

If you want a big pearl, read through her descriptions carefully, she has a couple more.

5447862_large.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Oh how you taunt and torture me! I thought you were going to get the freaky purple one?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1294714388|2819396 said:
Oh how you taunt and torture me! I thought you were going to get the freaky purple one?

Somebody got the molar/tumor before me! Probably a lurker. . . :rolleyes:

Plus I couldn't quite figure out what to do with one pearl, since I don't like single pearl pendants very much.

I decided I couldn't pass up these for earrings, it was just too tempting.

The really motivator was a giant Tiffany pearl stickpin that I saw at an antique show a couple of weeks ago. It was SO NICE, easily 15-17 mm. But it was also $900. :(sad

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
There are a few that I would like to make into rings, but I'll hold off till the next sale. There is far more on my plate than I can finish this winter. Once I get my tahitian peacock ring done I can get more. and that ring is about 6th in line now.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1294718375|2819453 said:
There are a few that I would like to make into rings, but I'll hold off till the next sale. There is far more on my plate than I can finish this winter. Once I get my tahitian peacock ring done I can get more. and that ring is about 6th in line now.

Can't wait to see the ring! :appl:

I still haven't set the emerald from Dana, so I know how projects can hang over your head.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
This is the effect that I am hoping to get with my new ginourmous pearls. :appl:

I know they won't be quite this big, but something close would be fun.

Diana%2012.jpg

Girl-Pearl-Earring-Veemer-L.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I finally caved and ordered this pearl rope from Sarah last night. I could have gotten 2 or 3 Kasumi pearls for the same price, but I decided to go for volume instead. :tongue: There are just some outfits that need a pearl rope. :))

kdn1210__1_large.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1294715734|2819414 said:
VapidLapid|1294714388|2819396 said:

Somebody got the molar/tumor before me! Probably a lurker. . . :rolleyes:

Plus I couldn't quite figure out what to do with one pearl, since I don't like single pearl pendants very much.

I decided I couldn't pass up these for earrings, it was just too tempting.

The really motivator was a giant Tiffany pearl stickpin that I saw at an antique show a couple of weeks ago. It was SO NICE, easily 15-17 mm. But it was also $900. :(sad
I'm looking forward to seeing your big earrings, iLander. Those white pearls will stand out nicely against the hair.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fly, that is a stunning buy! absolutely gorgeous color and contrast in textures.

MoZo

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Yes flygirl, that rope is dope!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
iLander those are going to be statement earrings, are you going to model the finished product for us? :bigsmile:

Flygirl I love the mixed strand you bought, I've been eyeing it for a while and wondered why no one have purchased it.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander, i love the Veemer you posted: the simplicity of that earring is divine.....wonder what such a pearl of that size would cost in this day and age?!

MoZo

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MoZo, vapid, bean, LG, and especially to iLander, since without your encouragement I probably wouldn't have pulled out the credit card. My Kojima pearls arrived a couple of days ago, and I've posted more pictures in a separate thread.

iLander, I hope you are pleased with your SS pearls and we can see some photos soon.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Oh. My. Gosh.

I got this quick shot only because my DH let me inspect the pearls briefly, before taking them away for my B-day.

These puppies are HUGE! :love:

One's tilted a bit in my palm, so it looks smaller than the other, but in RL they match in size.

It feels like pirate treasure, they're so big! :appl:

Who knew 16mm was so luscious and big?

For scale, I have average size hands, size 7 rings.

jumbopearlsLR.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1294853687|2820785 said:
iLander, i love the Veemer you posted: the simplicity of that earring is divine.....wonder what such a pearl of that size would cost in this day and age?!

MoZo

Mozo, as near as I can figure, it looks like it's easily 20mm. My DH said the artist exaggerated it to make the sitter look even richer, but who knows? It's such a stunner!

I hunted on ebay and found this one from augustus collection, with a similar shape, but not quite as big:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380214567854&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Now, let's try and figure out what a matched PAIR would cost! :shock:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1295053509|2823125 said:
Oh. My. Gosh.

I got this quick shot only because my DH let me inspect the pearls briefly, before taking them away for my B-day.

These puppies are HUGE! :love:

One's tilted a bit in my palm, so it looks smaller than the other, but in RL they match in size.

It feels like pirate treasure, they're so big! :appl:

Who knew 16mm was so luscious and big?

For scale, I have average size hands, size 7 rings.
Those look amazing, iLander! It makes my tender ear lobes ache just looking at them. :naughty: I personally can't wear heavy earrings, but more power to those of you who can. I'll live through you. :bigsmile: Those pearls are going to be stunning! Gorgeous, gorgeous pearls. Are these going to be on simple shepherds hooks, ala the Meryl Streep pair you were admiring?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results