shape
carat
color
clarity

need cushion help -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been reading every post here about cushion cuts and I feel totally lost. I know I want a 3.2 up to about a 4.00, depending on price. I love the more rectangular look and the modern brilliant cut. But when I look at the few sites that have cushions, it''s , well overwhelming to say the least.
I know just looking at the numbers does not tell the whole story. But what table/depth %''s should I look for? Am I in for a lonnng search?

confused.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
hi ann,

i am not an expert but i wrote about the criteria that i used when looking for cushion cuts in the thread below.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-vs-round-what-is-was-your-decision-making-process.18702/

i love talking cushions so let me know if i can help you in any way!
1.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
thanks reena, I was hoping you would read my post. Your stone is just gorgeous, by the way.

I have been looking for an upgrade for 4 years! First, I wanted a radiant, now I have fallen head over heels for cushions. I have looked at lots of rings in the stores, mostly just overpriced mediocre stones. I've looked at Michael Beaudry, JB Star, and lots of others. I just need to see a rectangular tight crisp cushion. Does it exist? I'll read your info. Thanks so much.

More Pictures!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
(deleted duplicate)

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ann!!! Yes, it does exist..but it's not going to be easy.

It seems as though Blue Nile has a few of them. It looks like they have the right to list them b/c they don't show up on P.S....but that doesn't mean that price scope vendors can't get them.

Here is an example of a true modern brilliant cushion (not suggesting this stone b/c of the strong blue flourescence...it's funny b/c a few of them do..guess they came from the same rough LOL) but click on the cert. Look very carefully at the facets and their placement. It's like a round but slightly elongated. This will have the smaller facet look and lots of briliance. You just might find an older fashioned one you love, but I think it would be harder to do so b/c I think each is going to look different despite the plots onthe certs.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00296684&item=2_8&filter_id=0&sec=&query=&page=1&sortby=ranking

These seem to be cut with small tables and the low to mid 60 depth. Check out DBOF's site..they only have smaller ones, but they are also listing these modern cushions.... Good luck with your search!! I'm sure it will be a beaut!!!
1.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Moremoremore, thanks for that link to BN. I probably looked at it last night,but didn't know what to look for. I really appreciate the education and help from fellow PS's. I will look for facet patterns like that. I e-mailed DBOF about 3 weeks ago. Oh they had a beauty - high $60's if I recall. What vendors can anyone suggest I contact?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
DBOF is really good b/c they offer a 100% upgrade. GOG can get any stone and also has that upgrade policy...and Mark at engagementringsdirect has a 90% upgrade with great low prices....it might be easier for you to pick a vendor first and have them hunt. Of course, if you're ok with overspending, Daniel K is another option!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results