shape
carat
color
clarity

Question re the quality and cost of a new ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janice

Rough_Rock
My husband and I have been searching for months for a new wedding band for me to mark our 10th anniversary. I finally found a ring I really like the design of at a well-known reputable jeweler, but now I am having some concerns about the quality and price of the ring. Here is the description: platinum ring with three round diamonds (bezel set). The center stone is 1.02 carats (round brilliant). Color I (we were originally told H). Clarity S1(2). Polish/symmetry: Good/good. The other two stones are "natural" round and weigh a total of .98, Color H-I, Clarity VS(2)S1(1). Cost: $10,200. What do you think? Is this a fair price for this ring?

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm... I'll defer to one of the appraisers around here as far as pricing. But I have to say, I don't understand the "natural" designation (is the center stone not a natural diamond?!) AND I'd like better than good/good on polish and symmetry for my 10th anniversary stone.

I tend to think that for that amount of money you could do much better. Many local jewelers and PriceScope vendors can make a custom ring to your design specifications, and put much nicer diamonds in it to boot.

Personally, I'd look for better, but I am a little obsessive that way
2.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
i have to agree with q..for about $10000, i think you can make your own three stone ring with far better cut quality stones...especially if looking in the H SI area..
check out some of the online vendors here..im sure youll find plenty you like. however, if its the setting that you love..and only that jeweler can provide it...thats different and you may have to go a different route. good luck!
naughty.gif

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
That is to high, especially for the quality. Shop around.
read.gif

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
If you play with the price database, you'll see: 1.02c/H/SI2 pricing ranges from $1,656 to $4,476

For simplicity, assume all three stones are identical. Thus your diamonds are worth anwhere from $4.9k to $13.5k

You really need to get copies of the cert and Sarin data to make a judgement on value.

/1cover the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results