shape
carat
color
clarity

cartier rolling ring scratches

amdawli

Rough_Rock
Hey, I'm new to pricescope but love what I'm seeing. I have the classic cartier trinity rolling ring, and it has some serious scratches and dents on it (despite it only being 2 years old!) I don't live near a Cartier, but I spoke to a rep in NYC (where I would have to mail it to) and he was reluctant to tell me approx cost of having it polished. Finally, he gave me a $150-200 estimate, which seems a little outrageous. I have heard of people taking it to the NYC store and wasn't sure if this was a less expensive option. Has anyone had an experience with this? What about taking it to a local, well-respected jeweler? Thanks for your help!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't give it to anyone other than Cartier to do it.

You bought a Cartier ring, and even if the re-polishing was more expensive than usual, it's sort of part and parcel of the price you pay for a Cartier.

It might be cheaper with a local retailer/benchman, but what if they mess up the re-polish (ie - rub away the Cartier marks, leave unslightly streaks, or polish too deeply or unevenly). This will take away from its inherent Cartier value.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I believe the Cartier site says Cartier's white gold is rhodium plated. I wouldn't let anyone else work on it. It might turn out badly whereas I assume if you went it to Cartier it wouldn't.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I see no problem with taking the ring to a competent jeweller for polishing. It is a pretty straight foward procedure. The maker's mark would have to be extremely shallow to be polished away (as in, comparable to a scratch).

Honestly, $150 for a simple polishing is just outrageous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results