shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play let's pretend (attn: MC2 dreamers)

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Like many of you, I am HUGE fan of MC2 (http://www.studiodror.com/projects/) but even in my wildest, they're a leeeeetle bit (okay, a lot) out of my price range. I have no doubt that their workmanship is as exquisite as their design, and in fact, is probably a big part of what makes their design so special, but I just have to accept that it's not my lot in this life to pay $8000+ for a setting. It could be a lot worse, though, let's be honest... ;-)

So, I want to play a game of "Let's Pretend." I really like the Lily by Jewels by Erica Grace (http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...ain-and-Pave-Solitaires/The-Lily-Split-Shank/) . I have a feeling that with a few tweaks, JBEG piece has the potential to look McTeigue and McClelland.... -ish. I wouldn't be trying to mimic any particular MC2 setting, just evoke the general design aesthetics.

I'm imagining:
-buttery high karat yellow gold
-probably no millegrain
-some extension of the split shank look further down the band
-believe it or not-- less pave, if any at all

Beyond that, I'm having trouble visualizing what else would make this zing, inspired by the MC2 "look and feel." Any thoughts? Anyone modified the Lily or thought of doing so?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Well the beauty is in their fabrication methods, it's all hand forged and I believe JBEG mostly casts. I'd also add a satin finish like they use. I think you'd be getting there. I was at tiny jewel box semi-annual sale this spring and they had three MC2 pieces 50% off. That made them quite a decent price, like $1500 for a dandelion necklace with a 3/8ct diamond. They were so delicious and well made. Maybe when their fall sale comes around...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
velouriaL,
Are you describing Mc2's "Flora" setting? Have you called them for a quote? Walter and Tim are extremely pleasant.

Kelpie,
You lucky girl! I love their "bloomed" gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results