shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone seen pieces like this in the US?

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Hi wonderful Pricescopers :wavey: I am in need of some assistance tracking down a piece of jewellery or the company that makes it.

I found the attached ring (art deco reproduction in platinum) in an antique jewellers in Australia. Another antique store had the matching earrings, but they were horrendously expensive. After chatting with the saleslady for a little while, I managed to get out of her that many of their art deco pieces came from a US supplier.

My question is this: has anyone seen anything like this in the States? Any suggestions on where to start looking? They make this ring in all kinds of coloured stones- emeralds, rubies, aquas, you name it. They can't be that rare!

Thanks in advance :))

EchidnaPhDRing89897.jpg

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
i've never seen that type of ring before, so i can't answer your question-- but it is BEAUTIFUL!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, thanks Oranges :bigsmile:

It deserves its own thread, but I was hoping to do a thread of the set... :Up_to_something:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That is a GORGEOUS ring! Haven't seen anything like it either -- I'm sure you've scoured it for any stamps, etc.. Could you go look at the earrings again & see if they have something? If they're anything like the ring, I understand your desire to track them down.

-- Laurie

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
It's from the Kwiat Vintage Collection. Hope you are able to find it. Good luck!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see the earrings when you find them! Good luck! :love:

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
I really like some of these pieces and have been thinking about Style # 28022R. I've seen that ring IRL briefly a while ago and am still thinking about it often! The rubies on that ring were so sparkling and intense. They might have been heated.

Has anyone seen it?

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
Hi Echidna,

I love that ring too. But I've been too intimidated to go into the jewelery store you are refering to, to even see the price.

If you don't find what you are looking for in the US and live in Australia:

You could also consider asking a jeweler to give you a quote on the cost of creating such a ring (custom made):

I, personally, like the work of Phillip Schmidt from what I've seen on his website (but I haven't had a custom ring made yet. He is very nice to deal with via email though):

http://www.platinumsmith.com.au/

You could find some quality Aussie sapphires at:

http://www.aussiesapphire.com.au/in...th=140&zenid=0eee1226b5180d61cd890c0f808f4023

Or just see what type of gemstomes that a custom jeweler may have in stock.

Keep us posted if you do endup finding that ring or getting it made!!
Best,
Gempassion

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! Pricescopers are the best :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you, Dauphine, for the Kwiat tip :bigsmile: I've had a look through the vintage collection and that is definitely my ring. I am happy to enable other purchases, so let us know what you decide!

Kelpie, the interesting thing is that I bought the ring in 2007. It had been sitting in the store since 2004 and they were selling old stock, so I think I probably got it for a bargain. It's also not stamped as Kwiat, so I'm wondering about the provenance of the piece. There was a massive price hike (AU$1500) in the earrings a couple of years ago that would make sense if Kwiat bought out a manufacturer. Not too sure...

Anywho, I have emailed Kwiat about the earrings so we shall see what happens! Lucky the Australian dollar is doing well at the moment.

In the meantime, I'd like to thank Sarahbear for hours of procrastination at www.newyorkstatejewelery.com :Up_to_something:

Thanks to Gempassion too for the links to Phillip Schmidt. I've stumbled across him before- nice to see some local talent :))

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
Echidna, I am happy to help. If you happen to have more pictures of this ring, please share. I also like this style too.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Echidna,
I like those rings too.

Keshett in Melbourne seem to create a lot of rings around this style.
They are very nice looking reproductions, done with blue sapphires, rubies, emeralds or sometimes onyx (I enjoy the onyx ones).

I don't think they would be cheap at Keshett, but I thought it worth mentioning for the record ::) (although, my co-worker recently purchased her ering from there and it is very nice, and wasn't as expensive as I would have imagined).

The below images are from the deco section of their site.

k 1.jpeg

k2.jpeg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Why not check out the antique jewelry sites. Try langantiques.com there are more but nothing else pops into my head at the moment. But is it that you want a repro? There is a site called london victorian jewelry or something that has repros.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh I read the other posts and it looks like you've already figured it out. Oops.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, missydebby and innerkitten! I have had hours of fun looking through those sites :love:

AJ, Keshett are the mysterious jewellers I mentioned in my first post that have the earrings :)) I really love them but I thought the price they quoted me was way high and went looking for their suppliers. When I got a quote from Kwait, however, Keshett started to look cheap :shock:

If you like the second ring you posted, Kwiat has the matching earrings on their website. I suspect you're still distracted by your gorgeous OEC pretty at this point though :bigsmile:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Echidna said:
Thanks, missydebby and innerkitten! I have had hours of fun looking through those sites :love:

AJ, Keshett are the mysterious jewellers I mentioned in my first post that have the earrings :)) I really love them but I thought the price they quoted me was way high and went looking for their suppliers. When I got a quote from Kwait, however, Keshett started to look cheap :shock:

If you like the second ring you posted, Kwiat has the matching earrings on their website. I suspect you're still distracted by your gorgeous OEC pretty at this point though :bigsmile:

oooh, ha ha - that makes sense then, lol!
Yeah, I also thought Keshett would be more expensive - but as I mentioned, my co-worker/friend asked me for ring buying tips when she got engaged about a month ago (she was over in Melbourne to look); I think Keshett was the second store she looked at and after phoning me in Perth for approval, came home with the ring - which was reasonably under-budget ::)

Nope, definitely no more jewel purchases for me for a lil while now!...but that doesn't count out gems, right :devil: ;-)

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
oh no!! not another amazing site to drool over!! I have just gone ga ga looking through Kwiats vintage section on their site!!

I know Keshett well - being a Melbourne gal - so I am glad to find other sources of such delicious bejewels :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results