shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Bridal Bootcamp anyone?

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, I was really busy. But, I weighed in yesterday at 144.5! So, it's not much of a loss, but considering that I have very little time to exercise, I consider this a great loss. I think this time around (I have lost weight before and gained it back :oops: ) I am finding that I am making small changes, losing the weight much more slowly and I think I will be able to maintain it much more easily.

I have tried using SparkPeople too, but it just wasn't for me. I have an app that I can use to track exercise and food calories. But, I have mostly been focusing on making more good, healthy food choices rather than just adding up all my calories. I have thought about joining Weight Watchers online. The enrollment is free this month, so I may try it. There are a few people I know that have done WW and have lost quite a bit of weight. But, I am going to have to look more into it before I decide.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hate scales.... and I hate coming up on a certain time of month....

So.... I weighed myself Thursday and was 158. Then on Sunday was 156 (WoooHOooo!)..... Then I tried this morning since my pants weren't "right" and it said 160 :nono:

I prefer to weigh every day or every couple of days so that I can get a better idea of the trend. It is very upsetting if I only weigh once a week and that one time is the day where I'm heaviest.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

TooPatient said:
I hate scales.... and I hate coming up on a certain time of month....

So.... I weighed myself Thursday and was 158. Then on Sunday was 156 (WoooHOooo!)..... Then I tried this morning since my pants weren't "right" and it said 160 :nono:

I prefer to weigh every day or every couple of days so that I can get a better idea of the trend. It is very upsetting if I only weigh once a week and that one time is the day where I'm heaviest.

I hear that! It kind of really freaks me out that our bodies can go up or down a pound or two just in one day. And of course, when I step on the scale on Sundays, I never know if it is the good day or the bad day. But I can't weigh myself every day-- it makes me crazy!

MayFlowers, I did WW when I was in high school. I did very well on it and lost 15 pounds. Kept it off for a little while, but gradually I guess my portion sizes got bigger and bigger. Plus I broke up with longtime partner + started drinking + moved across the country + started grad school = here I am now. The only reason I didn't opt for WW this time is because I didn't want to have to keep track of SO many measurements (calories, fat, protein, points). I figured just counting calories, I could work with that. Let us know what you decide and good luck!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Alrighty, I'm joining!!

I am 5'0 and about 147 at the moment. I have never ate right/exercised to lose weight so this ought to be interesting. I suffer from Crohn's disease and have recently been having some issues flaring up (heartburn, joint pain, etc) and I decided it was time to do something about it because I was miserable with myself. So on Friday, I am joining Weight Watchers Online and diving head first into it. I am very regimented so I am sure that once I get into a routine, I'll be golden. My biggest issue is with portion control and the notion that my plate must be be clean (thanks mom). A friend of mine is on WW as well and I am in her wedding next year so we are both doing it together!

Soo...

CW: 146.2
GW: 120-125

I am not too worried about that goal number; I just want to be happy with myself. I seemed to have been most content around that weight before. Currently I do MMA and plyometrics twice a week and that is really building my strength and stamina. On other days I want to get back on my elliptical to give my joints a break. Anyway, I'll probably check in again after the weekend once I get going on the program!

:bigsmile:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Welcome katey! A close friend of mine has Crohn's so I totally get what all that is about. She has gained weight too but I don't think she is doing anything to lose it. We don't talk specifically about it so I'm just not sure if she feels like she can right now (she's been in a lot of pain the last year or so and has had a lot of digestive issues that have brought on all kinds of medication). I wish you luck with your weight loss and think it's SWEET that you get to do WW with your friend! Having a WW buddy is so valuable. When I did it in high school, my best friend did it with me and every morning we walked three miles together. It made it more fun and it was good that we got to keep each other accountable for points (and to have someone understand what it was like to temporarily make your whole life have to be about points in the first place). Keep in touch and let us know how it goes each week. :)

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

So on Fridays I normally go to the gym in the afternoons because I spend a full day at the office and the gym parking is free after 5:00. Today is fall break though, so I can do my work from home and I'm not going into the office. I thought I'd go to the gym this morning rather than in the afternoon as I do on the weekends (the parking is free all day on the weekends), but then remembered I didn't want to park there and have to pay. So I thought, "Hm, maybe I will just skip the gym today, but that means by my weigh-in day on Sunday I'll have only gone 4 times instead of the usual 5." So I decided to get on the scale and see how close I was to losing my one pound for the week, figuring I would decide then if I really needed to go to the gym. I know our scales can sometimes be deceiving, but it said 139.8 this morning, which is already down over a pound since last Sunday and makes 6.2 pounds in a little less than 5 weeks! Sweet! And it feels so good to be in the 130s again! (AND now I'm not going to the gym today.) :)

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Alrighty, it's Sunday, so it's weigh-in day! I weighed in at 139.6, down 2 pounds from last week's 141.6 for a total of 6.4 pounds in 5 weeks of dieting. Sweet! Looking forward to hearing from others today...

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Checking in at 142.7! That's almost 2lb so I'm very happy with it!

Still haven't made a decision on WW yet. I'm going to be doing some research on it this afternoon. I talked to a few people I have classes with that have done it. One lost 80lb! The other two didn't really stay committed to it and so they didn't see much difference. I guess right now it really depends on how much it is going to cost me since money is pretty tight right now.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Congrats on the 2lbs, mayflowers! It feels great, doesn't it?

Re: money and WW, after you know "the system" (i.e., how to track points), I find that you don't technically need a membership. The membership is useful for the benefits of going to the meetings where you can publicly weigh-in and announce weight loss, bond with others, and get tips, like recipes, from other members. But I had a friend who did WW without joining (I made her a Points tracker) and she was obviously still able to lose weight, too. So whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it will work out well as long as it is a smart plan and you are committed. If I may ask, what did you find useful for losing the two pounds this week? Meal changes? Exercise?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

I think I'm not going to do WW for now. I was planning on only doing the online version anyways. So I will just work on using my calorie counter app on my phone more frequently.

This week, I definitely lost weight with a combination of exercise and managing my food. I really focused on eating right and the exercise was mostly just a few long walks that I was able to fit in. I definitely more motivated about everything now. This is my last week for one of field placements which will help free up a lot more time or me to exercise.

Congrats on your loss too UnluckyTwin! I'm glad that you continue to check in here with me. It makes me feel a little more accountable for what I do during the week. :)

bebe0912

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone! It's been a terrible few weeks with regard to my weight loss efforts. Really hoping to make a clean smart tomorrow and get back on track!! Hope you all have been doing well! :wavey:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Hi bebe! Good luck with getting back on track today. :) What are your plans? Outside exercise? Gym? Calorie counting? Etc. :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

down from 158 to 157.4.

Not terribly exciting, but it is progress.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Progress indeed! Besides, we should all remember that we are *supposed* to lose weight slowly, as frustrating as that is. ;-) Congrats!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Tis Sunday! I weighed in at 138.4, down 1.2 pounds this week and 7.2 pounds total for the six weeks since I started. I also took my measurements today since it's been 4 weeks since the last time I took them-- down at least an inch or more in waist, love handles/stomach, hips, thigh, and butt. My jeans feel much looser during the day but they still feel pretty snug when I first put them on in the morning, so I guess it's not yet time to go down a size, especially since there is slow progress in my thighs. Most days I honestly feel like I don't know where the weight loss is coming from because all my "problem areas" seem to be the same size. :(

Good luck to everyone else, hope to hear from you soon! :)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Checking in at 141.5! Not much, but I didn't have as much time to work out this week.

UnluckyTwin, I definitely know how you feel about the jeans. My weight loss has been coming mostly off my waist and not my thighs. So, I can't really go down a jean size either. I tend to lose weight first off my waist and then my hips and thighs last. I wish I could lose it more quickly off my thighs, but such is nature I guess.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

My first check in! I officially started WW online on 10-10-10 and yesterday I weighed myself. Down 1.6! I am thrilled! I drastically changed my eating habits and have been following very strictly. The tummy was not too happy with me but I tweaked a few things around so it is more of a gradual adjustment. I had no idea how badly I was eating until I became accountable for all of it. I'm excited that my hard work is paying off so far.

One of the most remarkable changes is in how I feel. I have SO MUCH energy! I don't feel bloated or gross, I'm never hungry and I generally feel great! At kickboxing I noticed that my face wasn't turning as red as usal, that I was not sweating as bad as I normally do, and I recovered a lot quicker after the workout. I even had energy to spare! It was amazing!

Here's to keeping up the progress!! :bigsmile:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

COngrats to both of you! I love that we all lost pounds this week! Let's keep it up this week and check back next Sunday. Y'all rock!

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock

Hello girls!

I have a gripe: IT IS ALWAYS RAINING OVER HERE IN SO CALLED "SUNNY" BRISBANE.

Agh, its really getting to me. I walk when I can but it then starts raining again.

I walked to work this morning and now it is raining AGAIN so SO has to pick me up. Gosh darn it.

In other news: Salad for lunch every day so far this week (its Wednesday 3pm here).

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Wow, that is a bummer! Especially when you've already walked to work! Is there any indoor exercise you can do without having to pay for a gym membership and/or home equipment? Got any stairs in your home? Or something (safe and sturdy) you can use as a step to do step aerobics? Maybe do jumping jacks?

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock

I have a Wii Fit I can use but D’s sister is staying with us at the moment and I feel silly doing it in front of her lol. Though I have pulled it out on occasion, SO thinks its hilarious when ever I use it, but that’s ok :razz:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Well, no good news this week. After consistently losing weight since I started 7 weeks ago, I gained this week. I'm up from 138.4 last week to 139.2 this week. The upside is, I'm still 7 pounds down in 7 weeks, so I'm right where I'm "supposed" to be even though I'm no longer ahead by a pound.

I knew it was coming this week. I'm in grad school and I had a midterm plus two term papers due. I was so busy and tired all week that I only made it to the gym 2 times instead of my usual 4-5. I got pretty run down and by Saturday (yesterday) I didn't have the energy to count calories so I think I ate too much pad thai at dinner last night by about a cup. And on Thursday I had plans to attend the State Fair, so I'd known since the beginning of the diet that I was going to cheat by having fried zucchini for dinner and a massive buttery cinnamon roll for dessert. So I guess it all perfect-stormed to result in gaining 0.8 lb.

Oh, well. Things will stay busier-than-normal for a little while longer since my thesis defense is right around the corner, but I got a lot of rest last night and I'm feeling back to 95% normal. May not make it to the gym today since I still have a lot of work to do, but I'm committed to counting every calorie I consume and getting in all my exercise for the rest of the week. Hopefully next week the scale will read 137. I've been hanging out in the 138s and 139s since October 8.

Good luck to everyone else, hope to hear from all of you today!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Checking in for week 2!

Down 2lbs this week!! I am now at 142.2 and couldn't be happier with my progress! Weight Watchers is going wonderfully! My problem is that with grad school and work full time I am swamped most of the time. I am not jumping on my elliptical as much as I would like but I am still kickboxing twice a week. Wish that could be more! I am aiming to eat more fruits and vegetables this week. I have been gradually adding them in and notice that I think I eat too many carbs so I gotta fix that!

I can't wait until I can see the changes on my body...nothing really to report on that yet but it's coming! :bigsmile:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Congrats! Yes, losing weight while in grad school = sooo difficult! I wish I had not put so much weight on in my first two years here. Glad to be doing something about it now since I still have three years left!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Checking in a little late today. But I gained as well :( I'm up to an even 142.0 now. Last week was super busy with work and a few of my big assignments for school happened to be due all last week. So I had even less time to work out and eat right than I did before. I'm really going to focus on eating right this week.

Good luck this week ladies!

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock

Hello! I am still not weighing myself, but I just wanted to check in and say hi and I have had a cr@p weekend of drinking and eating badly due to celebrating a double birthday, but back on the salad today (its monday here).

I didnt walk to work because the weather report said Thunderstorms in the afternoon, and its nearly 2pm and still clear so I am going to be grumpy if its not raining by 4.30pm! Except I will go for a nice long walk when I get home.

Hope everyone is staying healthy!

:twirl:

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock

Girls,

Wondering if this thread is for LIW or just brides? We could be 12 months away just starting the ring hunt now but I want to get into shape and not feel worried about it before the wedding just look wedding ready asap :)

Well I put on weight when the boy and I moved in together and I went back to uni. So I'm ready to get involved!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

MayFlowers, sorry to hear that you gained! At least you gained less than I gained. ;-) Just consider it the teeniest setback and vow to take off a pound this week. You can do it!

PrincessNatalie, good job making plans for a walk! I'm curious, is it salad every day for lunch? I would think that would get boring. As it is, I have the same breakfast (almost) every day-- toast with "butter," boiled eggs, and grapes, and I am so BORED! Yesterday I went grocery shopping and I branched out to buying a different kind of bread for the same calories and a yogurt with granola. Yum!

Mif, as far as I see it, anyone is welcome here! Most of us are LIWs, since there's a weight loss thread in the forum for brides and they probably hang out there. So join in! I totally hear you-- when I moved in with SO, I picked up his eating habits, which included lots of veggies and less eating out than I had been doing, but also included late night ice cream runs. Plus I gained about 10 pounds per year in my first two years of grad school, and since moving in with him I started birth control so that packed on a couple too. Ugh! But it's coming off now. What's your weight loss plan? How many pounds are you looking to lose?

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock

Yep that means salad every day for lunch, its ok though because there is a fruit platter that I always take a bunch of fruit off too (work supplies lunch every day, its lovely!)

I like to only have one large meal a day, so we have big dinners (probably a bad idea!) :wacko:

I also try to walk to work at least 3 times a week, preferably more, I listen to Audio books while I walk, so I get exercise and reading out of the way in one go, lol.

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock

*grumbles*

I have had the worst week this week, I finished my book on Monday and I have not had the chance to get another one and so I have not been finding the motivation to get out there and walk to work, so I have only exercised on Monday this week. I will have to get out this afternoon and tomorrow and Sunday (its Friday here).

And salad for lunch today! Maybe a new dressing though...?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results