shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help-Measurements with 1.1 HCA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bOlivia

Rough_Rock
I have found a 1ct, but the measurements are 6.35-6.39X3.97. Now I know that the measurement is on the small side for its size, but I plugged in the pavilion and crown %''s (its GIA certed) and it gave me a 1.1. The girdle is listed as med-slt. thick. Does it seem like the diamond depth is too deep? And if so, how would does it effect the overall look incorporating that its measurement is smaller (will it still have the look of being a 1 ct or will it appear smaller)

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
First question: where did you get the crown and pavilion %?

If you found it on the GIA-cert, you have a problem, because on a true GIA-cert, these measurements are not mentioned.

If you got it from a separate Sarin-report, you should also have angles in stead of %, and you could give us all these measurements.

All in all, with these basic measurements, one can only obtain a full 1Ct with a thick girdle.

Before answering whether it is a well-cut stone with good light performance, you should first address the other problem. The weight with these basic measurements and with such a girdle do not match. Probably, what is presented as a GIA-grading report is not exactly that. Or you (or GIA) have noted an incorrect measurement. Please check, before you proceed.

bOlivia

Rough_Rock
Yes-the %'s came from GIA.I asked for sarin/ogi but not avail. Here are the stats on it:

1ct
VS2
H
62.3 depth
55 table
med-slt thick girth
ex polish
vg sym.
no flour
no culet

Generally speaking, how is good/bad trustworthy is the percentages of what the GIA states for the pav and crown angles? What are they using to determine their %'s?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
As Paul mentioned, GIA certs do not include crown/pav angles/%s. THIS is what a GIA cert should look like (it's just under the diamond pics)...

bOlivia

Rough_Rock
Got it. I'm going to see what the vendor says when I ask where the information that was provided to me came from. They emailed me the info and the diagram of diamond with the %'s.The measurements matched-but the diagram was cropped. hmmm. I am glad to have found this board-there's a lot to learn! Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results