shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR issue- help with what to do next

So, for the past 2 years, I have been drooling over the legacy type setting from LOGR. I recently finally decided to purchase the setting after my graduation from nursing school. I won a listing with LOGR on ebay for a rose gold setting but I told the seller I wanted it in white gold instead which he said was no problem and there would be no charge. I made the mistake of buying the setting before the stone so I continued to communicate with him about it and it never seemed to be a problem. After finally purchasing the stone I emailed him all the specs and asked for him to send an updated invoice with the correct amount so that I could pay for it. He sent the invoice but sent another email less than 2 hours later "Sorry for the mistake.
Our designer just double check the mold of #370424426900 and it is damaged. We are not able to make it for you in the near future.
You can have a look at other one ,will double check if we can make it for you.
Thank you for your interest in our products and services."

I said, ok... thats fine but you had another listing with the prong instead of the bezel setting in white gold at the same time as the auction I won for 197.00 (which is about 30.00 less than the setting I bought) and I see that it's listed again. I would like to purchase that one instead.

He just emailed me back and said the price will actually be 398.00 for that setting.

WHAT??? First off, it's his fault and second off that was the buy it now price. I realize the price of gold has gone up- which leads me to think that maybe he wasn't going to make enough money off this setting? I know a lot of the members have purchased from this seller and think he's honest and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt....

So my question is- how should I handle this from here. I really want the setting- but I don't want to (or think it's right) for me pay double?!?!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Weird, and infuriating.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that stinks. I don't have any advice as I have not worked with this vendor. I am sure someone who has will chime in. Sorry for your troubles. Someone recently started a semi mount thread of vendors. Perhaps check here. I am soooooo ;( to hear they are not going to be making their legacy setting. I was so hoping to get one for a stone I just bought

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the past, when I wanted a modification, he told me that a whole new mold would have to be made, so I don't understand why he said the mold was damaged so they couldn't make it. They would have to make a new one anyways. What were the dimensions of your stone? Maybe he's sick of doing size customizations on auction wins since it isn't cost effective for him. Was he going to charge you any other additional amount for the customizations, was it just $30?

Candice

Shiny_Rock
LOGR has been difficult to work with lately, I wanted one of the legacy settings as well so I was bidding on an item which i did not end up winning, but decided to put a best offer on a two tone legacy instead. they would not budge more then 5 dollars off the buy it now option. I find that ridiculous....so the best offer would have been 393.00 plus 30.00 for sizing.

this is compared to 2 months ago when I won a legacy setting from logr for 130.00!!! I know gold is expensive but what a difference a few months makes yeasssh!

LOGR should honor your auction win and keep his customers happy- after all it states on his auctions that he is popular with a lot of online jewellery forums ;))

Well, this is the response I received from him this morning....
"Sorry we are not able to accept your offer as gold price is highest in its history and we are ready to adjust our price soon.
Winning price always lower than its usually price.
If #370443123959 made in size 5.5 with 14k white gold.Price is $377 see if it is ok with you.
If you want it,will send an invoice to you.Will make and ship after full payment.
Thank you for your interest in our products and services."

I was pretty upset after reading that, so my message back to him read "I realize the price of gold is high, but that is no excuse for not working with me when it is your mistake. It also leads me to believe that you are not honoring my auction because you will lose money. As I have mentioned before, I am an active member on pricescope, where many of your customers converse. It was only because of your reputation on pricescope of honestly and quality that I finally decided to purchase through you. I encourage you to rethink your position so that I can report positively to ebay and pricescope about my purchase and continue to use you for future purchases.
Thank you"

There is the exact same semi mount that I want posted right now as we speak- with no reserve. So now I wonder, do I just bid on it? Will he try to do the same thing again? :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
GRRRRRRRRRRR so frustrated! If I felt that there was anyone else who could make this mount for the price- I would definately go through them...

Any more suggestions?

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I don't understand. Can't you just bid on the new listing? Does he owe you a credit for the last rose gold purchase? I don't see why you can't bid on this and have any credit owed transferred. Don't worry I am not going to bid against you. I am still waiting for my stone to arrive and want to make sure it is a keeper first

I would like to bid on the current listing- but 2 things- I am concerned that he will pull another stunt with this one and it's the principal that if it's his fault- he should try to work with me!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really confused. Is he not selling it to you because you want customizations to the head? If there's another one, why can' he just sell that to you instead for the auction price??? I'm sorry if these are stupid questions, I'm just trying to understand why he said the "mold broke" when he obviously has other ones listed.

Oh, did you pay for it within three weeks? I think if three weeks has passed, and I'm not sure, so don't quote me on this, but ask ebay, does he have to still honor the sale? If you waited a long time to pay, then he may try to get out of honoring your final bid price. I don't know that, and I could be very wrong of course, but I just want to understand the situation a little more. Not that this is your case, but I know some people that didn't pay right away and he refused to honor their low bids after several weeks passed, but he came right out and denied them. This may be another excuse to get out of honoring it. I don't know, but that's one of the reasons I pay him within that week when I win a low auction even if I'm still trying to figure out customizations.

I'm very sorry for all your troubles with LOGR. :((

TL- I am nearly as confused as you. I originally bought the two tone bezel legacy style setting. I asked him to change it to white gold and prong setting. He emailed back and said that there was no charge for going to white gold but it would be another 100.00 to go to the prong setting. I told him I wasn't looking to spend that much so I would just stick with the bezel setting. It had been about 2 1/2 weeks but I updated him every few days saying "I haven't forgot- I am just trying to make sure there are no other adjustments to be made before I pay" and each time he would reply that it was no problem. There is another one listed currently- just like the one I want. I had told him that the last auction (which was a little over a week ago) it was listed for 197.00- so I would just take that one and I would need no adjustments made.
I do accept the blame that I did not pay right away- but like I said, I kept in contact and he never acted like it was an issue.
I would like to bid on the one listed now- but I am afraid what the outcome might be since I have had so many problems with him and I feel as though he should try to work with me since the problem was his fault.
I think I am just so upset because I spent so much time trying to put this project together and doing my research and here I sit with nothing and a lot of wasted time..... :shock:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
waiting_impatiently_2008 said:
TL- I am nearly as confused as you. I originally bought the two tone bezel legacy style setting. I asked him to change it to white gold and prong setting. He emailed back and said that there was no charge for going to white gold but it would be another 100.00 to go to the prong setting. I told him I wasn't looking to spend that much so I would just stick with the bezel setting. It had been about 2 1/2 weeks but I updated him every few days saying "I haven't forgot- I am just trying to make sure there are no other adjustments to be made before I pay" and each time he would reply that it was no problem. There is another one listed currently- just like the one I want. I had told him that the last auction (which was a little over a week ago) it was listed for 197.00- so I would just take that one and I would need no adjustments made.
I do accept the blame that I did not pay right away- but like I said, I kept in contact and he never acted like it was an issue.
I would like to bid on the one listed now- but I am afraid what the outcome might be since I have had so many problems with him and I feel as though he should try to work with me since the problem was his fault.
I think I am just so upset because I spent so much time trying to put this project together and doing my research and here I sit with nothing and a lot of wasted time..... :shock:

Ahhh, I think I understand now. I think this is one of those cases where you ran out of your time to pay, and he doesn't want to honor it. I think he should honor it of course, especially if you kept updating him, but this has happened before to others who waited too long to pay. His way of saying, "don' worry about it," is that he doesn't care if someone doesn't pay for an auction, especially if he loses some money on it.

I am sorry, truly sorry. I would ask ebay what recourse you have. Even if he did eventually honor the price, he might cut costs by sending you frozen spit diamonds. I had that happen on a low auction win, I won that setting for $124, and um, well, the diamonds were awful However, who knows for sure. It stinks for Stephen because he's trying to make a decent profit, but gold prices are really high right now. I just got a quote from Whiteflash for a 18K ring without any diamonds and they want almost as much as a platinum piece with diamonds. :-o

TL- I would rather him said- "you took too long and now the price of gold went up so I can't do it" Rather than- "my mold broke- blah, blah, blah!"

I know- I might just nix the whole project= this was way too stressful for me....

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I was wondering what's going on with LOGR as well lately. Their inventory went way down and prices way up (am I missing something?). Did they go through a change in ownership or something?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry for your troubles. It sounds like there may have been misunderstanding/miscommunication on both sides - and this often happens when there's a language difference. I do hope you manage to get something you want (or walk away from it - whichever works best for you).

I have a small comment. If I write to a vendor I NEVER say I'm a member of PS (or any other forum). To me this smacks of "treat me well or I'll write a negative report on you". I'm quite sure that's not what you intended but put yourselves in the vendor's shoes and think how that may be received? Nobody reacts well to that sort of threat. I'm sorry, that's a very contraversial thing to say but I had a negative reaction when I read your post above and I'm not even the vendor!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Crappola.

Sorry WI2008. I hope he just agrees to sell it to you, if he does just bite his hand off.

I really want this setting too, but like you I hesitated and it is far too expesive to buy these days. I really wish I'd have bought it before now ;( .

I miss the old LOGR shop, this one or two pages of auctions is really lame. I used to spend ages on the site and now after two pages there is no more browsing to do.... :blackeye:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds said:
If I write to a vendor I NEVER say I'm a member of PS (or any other forum).

That's an interesting perspective LD. I usually do mention I'm a PS vendor since a vendor will sometimes will give a discount to us. :naughty: They also like the publicity of their merchandise on PS. However, in a negative light, maybe it's not a good idea to say you're a PS member. :confused:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
waiting_impatiently_2008 said:
TL- I would rather him said- "you took too long and now the price of gold went up so I can't do it" Rather than- "my mold broke- blah, blah, blah!"

I know- I might just nix the whole project= this was way too stressful for me....

Did you look at any of the other ebay mounting sellers? They may have similar settings to the legacy on their sites. Unfortunately everyone has higher prices now since the cost of gold is so high. :((

Stephen is still the best with customizations as far as I'm concerned from my own experiences and what I've read here, but someone might have a setting in your specific dimensions. Since Stephen's listings are so sparse right now, I've been forced to look at lan.b04 and other sellers. Good luck, and don't nix your project. The right setting is out there waiting for you, whether, it's ebay, etsy, or some other vendor. ;))

With any vendor however, it's probably a good idea to pay within a week of winning the merchandise. I have to find out what the time limitation is on ebay listings before the seller doesn't have to commit to selling the item.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its worth you looking around at other vendors and chalk this one up to being a bad transaction.

I've bought a lot of settings through LOGR and even those I purchased at low end auction they still looked really good. Some ARE on the more narrow end for though; but their customizations are always on point when I ask for them.

The explanation given; well personally I wouldn't be too happy about it either! But, to maybe make it a bit easier on you, you could have paid for the base setting, then worked out the other details. (I have also done that too.) On the outset, I've taken about a week to finalize a setting with them. 2 1/2 weeks is a long time in ebay terms. But I always make sure I pay at least for the base setting, letting them know I will be customizing, and and to not ship it out at that time. I also keep the language very simple. Nothing too long because there can be cause for some misunderstandings.

I do not mention I'm a pricscoper too often with vendors (except when I want a discount!! :bigsmile: ) It can be a blessing and a curse, so you have to kind of be careful who you should mention it too.

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results