shape
carat
color
clarity

Help diamond experts~ I''d accidently drop my diamond pendant on the floor!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigsparkle

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Sorry to sound so frantic but I am Very worry if i did any damage to my 1.5ctw diamond pendant,,,,,!?!?! I don''t have any tools at home to see if i''d craked it or chip it but is looks ok! I didn''t see it hit the floor surface but the floor was not concrete or hard. I read somewhere that diamonds are one of the hardness stones around and it can only be scratch by another diamond, is this true? Then is it safe to clean my diamonds studs together? Please advise!
cry.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/2/2004 12:35:45 PM bigsparkle wrote:

Hi Everyone!

Sorry to sound so frantic but I am Very worry if i did any damage to my 1.5ctw diamond pendant,,,,,!?!?! I don't have any tools at home to see if i'd craked it or chip it but is looks ok! I didn't see it hit the floor surface but the floor was not concrete or hard. I read somewhere that diamonds are one of the hardness stones around and it can only be scratch by another diamond, is this true? Then is it safe to clean my diamonds studs together? Please advise!
cry.gif
----------------

Hi,

Diamonds can chip. It's rare, but does happen. I'd take your pendant into a jeweler and have them look it over to make sure it's okay
2.gif
Regarding earrings, if using a jewelry cleaner that vibrates, I'd clean them seperatly. If you're just soaking them in water/amonia, then it's okay to clean the together.

Michelle

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Diamonds are quite hard but they are somewhat brittle. This means that they re difficult to scratch but not so hard to chip. If you are concerned that you may have chipped it, take it in to a jeweler who will be able to examine it with a microscope of a small lens and can tell you if there has been any damage. There should be no charge for this.

Don't worry too much, they don't break easily.

Any cleaning solution that you cn buy over the counter will not damage your diamonds or gold. You should be careful with silver and costume jewelery as well as pearls, opals and a few other materials.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

bigsparkle

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your advice~
4.gif
So it's ok for me to wash my diamond stubs together in the cleaning solution, even if I have to shake it a little bit...I will not scratch my diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results