shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally bit the bullet- the darkhorse wins!! Quick clarity question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigbadbuff

Rough_Rock
I was deciding between 3 stones at GOG, with xthis one being 1st on the list in 'want' but last in 'sanity'
tongue.gif
After thinking it over for a few days though I decided I did want the upgrade in color. This stone appears to be exactly what I'm looking for- no inclusions visible from the top, perfect color, great machine scores. Any worry though that the inclusions on the bottom, since they are in several facets, have an effect on light return straight on or when tilted? I realize this is absolute nitpicking at this point, I was just curious.

Getting it set in this 3 stone Scott Kay setting with the 'ask' date not too far off!! So excited and nervous at the same time!!
errrr.gif
appl.gif
twirl.gif
loopy.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
I think you'll be just fine. Don't try to split too many hairs here...you will drive yourself crazy!!!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi BBB,

In answer to your question, the inclusions in that diamond are so small that they do not affect or impact light transmission throughout the diamond one iota. That particular diamond is one that does have the rarest set of optics that we get to test in our lab (9.5 or over on Isee2, triple VH on the B'scope, precision crisp H&A's and a signature LightScope exam). If/when we start a signature line it will consist of diamonds just like this. We promise no regrets.

Kind regards,

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
btw I love your choice of setting too. That'll look killer.

bigbadbuff

Rough_Rock
thanks Jonathan, Wonka, Neil... I knew it was a winner but this board has been so helpful for so long (lurked for years) that I couldn't not get a final set of opinions
1.gif

sparker

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I think you choice is beautiful. You can't go wrong with Jonathan at GOG helping you out. I purchased a diamond recently from him (look for pics soon) that wasn't quite as perfect as yours but worked with my budget and its absulutely beautiful because of the great cut. You'll love it.

Suz

Deputy74

Rough_Rock
That was actually one of several diamonds I was looking at. That one and two other diamonds. Two were D color grade and VS2 quality and one was E and a VS1 and very little size difference. I think I drove myself and everyone else nuts by doing side by side comaprisons of the Lightscope, the H&A analysis and the Brilliance Scope. I would go back and forth and inspect each one. Finally I just gave up the ghost. All 3 were incredible. I would e-mail Jonathan and tell him okay, I finally decided on the ring I want and then 5 minutes later e-mail him with 20 questions about some other diamond that I had just noticed and I'd be back to square one. I was so worried about which diamond to choose that I completely forgot to even check out settings. What a headache. I started talking to myself. Making notes about all 3 diamonds. E-mailing Jonathan and asking him questions. (which he answered all of them within a day by the way.) I am so glad I'm done with that.

The diamond you're looking at is beautiful. Don't let someone else get it.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Simply awesome! congrats!!! That is going to be a gorgeous gorgeous ring!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results