shape
carat
color
clarity

Any idea what breed???

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a call last night from my mom. My aunt's neighbor (neighbor's friend?) has a puppy -- the runt of a litter and the only one not adopted out. If she doesn't find someone to adopt it NOW (she'll keep it until this evening) then she's going to take it out and dump it :nono:

So....
FI and I seem to be adopting this puppy with no information at all. She's a girl. The home she's in now looks clean (in pictures). Our vet says it is okay as long as we keep her separated from our other animals until they can check her out tomorrow....

Any idea what breed this is? All we've been told is that she's a mix of some kind...

ETA: Sorry for the blurry pictures. They were taken on my aunt's cell phone. FI and I have never seen the puppy (even though she'll likely be home with us in a few hours...)

rescue puppy.jpg

rescue puppy 2.jpg

A

Anonymous

Maybe a lab mix? It's really too hard to tell w/o info on how big she is, how old she is, and clearer pictures. She looks cute though, and bless you for taking the poor little thing in!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tammy77 said:
Maybe a lab mix? It's really too hard to tell w/o info on how big she is, how old she is, and clearer pictures. She looks cute though, and bless you for taking the poor little thing in!

That was my initial thought too. With the picture a bit larger, you can see a little white patch just under her neck in the picture with the kid.

I've got no clue what they're basing the guess on, but the woman who's got her now thinks she'll only get to be 1 1/2 feet tall (I've been told 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 feet though....)

I'll post clearer pictures after I pick her up.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awww what a cutie. Hard to tell from pics, but looks like she could be a chocolate lab mix.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's ridiculous! There are MANY rescue groups that would probably take the pup and try to have it adopted....that just makes me so angry. Bless you for taking her in...she does look like some kind of a lab mix, though I'm sure the vet can tell more better than we can from the photo. Hope that she's healthy and makes a good addition to your family. =)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oops posted too soon and forgot to add: kudos for taking her in. I can't believe that neighbor was going to dump that poor sweet girl. People like her should not be breeding (even accidentally) puppies.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why would you dump a puppy ever?? Even if you are irresponsible there are humane societies at the very least that are free... :nono:

Looks Lab-ish to me.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
She looks like a lab mix to me, and you two are awesome for taking her in!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lab-ish is the best i could say from the blurry pictures but what a lucky puppy she is to have found you!

MoZo

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a lab, almost like a mixed Chesapeake Bay Retriever.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
It's reeeally hard to tell, especially because all puppies sort of look the same, and the pictures aren't very clear, but she definitely looks to have a lot of lab in her. Your guess is as good as mine on what the rest of her is! It would be much more helpful to see pictures of her parents actually, if you can get them.

Congrats on the new puppy!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
<<<--- Looks like a very familiar lab mix puppy I know.
But I agree with someone else that puppies all kind of look the same.
If you really want to know what this puppy "is"...there are DNA tests that can help identify breeds. I don't know how accurate they are. Give it a couple months and you'll start seeing more definite characteristics.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
What a wretched person to even think of dumping an animal!!....sheesh, it just makes my blood boil!! :angryfire: :angryfire:

On a much happier note, you are wonderful to take her in. Pets are wonderful blessings. Looks like a lab mix to me, too, and she looks adorable!. Please post more pics when you get her home.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
take this lady out into the forest, cut off her arms and legs, and if she makes it out she'll have somewhat atoned for being such a worthless pathetic excuse for a human being :angryfire: so many expletives come to mind right now....

TooPatient you're a good person for not allowing this to happen - and that puppy looks adorable! and yes like a lab-mix, though clear pics would be helpful. Im sure you'll give her a great home and she'll bless your life in so many ways =)

maybe there's something of a staffy in her too? very hard to tell, but i love staffies :love:

tell us how it goes :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love:

She's SOoooooo sweet. She's probably close to 10 weeks old and just so very snuggly.

new puppy.jpg

new puppy with vacuum.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here she is after playing with her tooth cleaning puppy rope toy and chewing on the chew bone.

puppy with toys.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: Sweetest puppy EVER!!! I LOVE her! Thank you so much for taking her!!! :appl: :wavey:

Oh, and hope you're wanting to take lots of pics of her as she grows! It would be lovely to see her growing up.

Do you have other pets? How are they doing with the new little one?

lulu

Ideal_Rock
She's adorable and definitely part labbie. Labbies have the sweetest disposition.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
awww look at those stubby little legs!!! I'd say there's some sort of hound in that lab mix... beagle maybe? She's gonna be a short and stout little lady! If that vile woman says she'll be 18 inches at the withers, I'd say she'll max out at 30 pounds. My rat terror, I mean terrier, is 20 pounds and 20 inches at the withers, but she has long spindly legs. But the bone structure on your pup puts her more sturdy looking than Mia. Congrats! and thanks for taking in the puppy :D

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
davi_el_mejor said:
awww look at those stubby little legs!!! I'd say there's some sort of hound in that lab mix... beagle maybe? She's gonna be a short and stout little lady! If that vile woman says she'll be 18 inches at the withers, I'd say she'll max out at 30 pounds. My rat terror, I mean terrier, is 20 pounds and 20 inches at the withers, but she has long spindly legs. But the bone structure on your pup puts her more sturdy looking than Mia. Congrats! and thanks for taking in the puppy :D

I could definitely see it as being lab/beagle. That was my thought too.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage said:
:appl: :appl: :appl: Sweetest puppy EVER!!! I LOVE her! Thank you so much for taking her!!! :appl: :wavey:

Oh, and hope you're wanting to take lots of pics of her as she grows! It would be lovely to see her growing up.

Do you have other pets? How are they doing with the new little one?

Expect lots of pictures :))

We have 2 cats and another dog. Sven is about 3 years now -- he's a 25 pound Mainecoon. Lilly is about 5 years -- she's a gray cat (with the adorable Hallmard kitten face) and about 14 pounds (needs to lose weight). Sentra is our little lap puppy :cheeky: -- she's some sort of lab or rottweiler mix and is about 12 years old and 70 pounds.

The new puppy (who really needs a name) is about 10 weeks old and weighs maybe 3 pounds(?).

We brought home a new toy for Sentra and a little treat for the cats too so they wouldn't be jealous of the new puppy with all new toys (oddly the toys for a 70 pound dog are too big for a baby puppy ;)) ). They haven't actually met yet. They've seen each other in passing as I take the puppy outside to potty. We'll start introducing slowly after she's been to the vet (going this afternoon for a check up with initial shots and de-worming) so we can be sure she won't pass anything to the other animals.
So right now they are all curious about each other. It's kind of funny to see the circle of animals sitting outside the guest room door trying to get a peak at the little thing that squeals in there.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Could she also be mixed with a Dachshund? Her face reminds me of my Aunt's little Dachshund, plus being stubby in the legs makes me think she just might be!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient - You should start a "Name my new puppy" thread!! I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions. The name that popped into my head is Molly Poppins! But, I am a nut, so I won't feel bad if you don't take my suggestion! Haha!!

Did you learn any more details from your aunt's neighbor re: who this little girl's momma and poppa might be?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage said:
TooPatient - You should start a "Name my new puppy" thread!! I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions. The name that popped into my head is Molly Poppins! But, I am a nut, so I won't feel bad if you don't take my suggestion! Haha!!

Did you learn any more details from your aunt's neighbor re: who this little girl's momma and poppa might be?

No clue about parent dogs.
The neighbor apparently rescued her from the original owners who were going to dump her and agreed to hang onto her for a day so we could pick her up. All we really know is that she came from the Reservation.

She was so weak when we got her picked up. The poor thing was sooooo hungry. I gave her little bits at a time of a nice canned food and a little dry. Since we have no idea what she was eating (if they even fed her...) -- "a little of this and that -- whatever was around" --- we went to our regular pet food store and got a really nice puppy formula dry food and confirmed that the cans we already give Sentra are wonderful for her too. Seems to be agreeing with her so far.
Oh... and 100% meat soft jerkey puppy treats to help with potty training.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results