shape
carat
color
clarity

My new baby OMC!!

marym

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone! I haven't posted for a while, but I have a new pretty I'd like to share. I found this wonderful OMC (at least that's what I think it is) on ebay, and it was so beautiful that I had to have it. It was sold to me as an OEC, but from my limited knowledge I would guess that it is an OMC or a very early OEC. If there are any old cut experts who can chime in, that would be great. Anyway, it is very deeply cut, but man does this baby sparkle! It really is a glorious little stone. I can officially say that I'm crazy about old cuts now. :tongue:

Specs- .60 ct, G color, SI1 clarity set in a 14k yellow gold knife edge solitaire setting (would like to change that eventually)

On to the pics!

outsideoec.jpg

marym

Shiny_Rock
Here is a close-up showing that Maltese cross effect...

oecmbt.jpg

marym

Shiny_Rock
Fire shot

oecfire.jpg

marym

Shiny_Rock
A couple more...

oecwwb.jpg

marym

Shiny_Rock
Hope you aren't sick of these yet!

mbsoec.jpg

marym

Shiny_Rock
Another... :tongue:

maryoec.jpg

marym

Shiny_Rock
The end :)

lkjlk.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Mary!! What a beautiful stone! It is an oec, and early one. One way you can tell is that it is round and symmetry is rather regular. An omc is going to be much more irregular in shape.

marym

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Uppy! I just wasn't sure. I kept going back and forth between early OEC and OMC. Either way, I love it! :))

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I'd babysit it for you!!! :naughty:

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful!! Congrats.

marym

Shiny_Rock
Uppy said:
I'd babysit it for you!!! :naughty:

Well Uppy, I would happily swap it with some of your beauties for a while!! I was just admiring them over in Timeless Classics!

libramom

Shiny_Rock
Pretty OEC, I love it paired with your diamond eternity band :love:

LM

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!!!! Gosh I want one!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Super pretty and so white! Yep, OEC. It's got a round outline, but it does have a faceting style that is early OEC-looking to me. Enjoy your new sparkler :bigsmile:

nice ice

Shiny_Rock
looks like a little fireball :appl: congratulations :love: :love: :love:

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond and interesting cut.

marym

Shiny_Rock
Thanks LGK- I was hoping that you and Uppy would comment. When you buy a stone on ebay there can sometimes be a little uncertainty. But it was a reasonable price and the pics were nice, so I went for it. I long for a really big oec someday, but this smaller one quells my urges (for now! :naughty: ) It is really, really white. I actually wasn't looking for a high color old cut. I have an F color RB and I wouldn't have minded something more creamy white.

Thanks also to everyone else who commented. I'm completely enamored with this old cut stone. And I've discovered a less expensive alternative to DSS is to buy a smaller stone! That was an unexpected bonus!

Here is a pic of the two together for comparison. Please excuse my dented semi bezel. I dropped it on the tile recently and have to send it to the jeweler to be repaired.

asdfd.jpg

marym

Shiny_Rock
...just a few more pics cause I'm bored! :))

lkjklj.jpg

marym

Shiny_Rock
more..

jkljgg.jpg

marym

Shiny_Rock
ok, this is the last one, I promise!

dfsfd.jpg

marym

Shiny_Rock
marym said:
Thanks LGK- I was hoping that you and Uppy would comment. When you buy a stone on ebay there can sometimes be a little uncertainty. But it was a reasonable price and the pics were nice, so I went for it. I long for a really big oec someday, but this smaller one quells my urges (for now! :naughty: ) It is really, really white. I actually wasn't looking for a high color old cut. I have an F color RB and I wouldn't have minded something more creamy white.

Thanks also to everyone else who commented. I'm completely enamored with this old cut stone. And I've discovered a less expensive alternative to DSS is to buy a smaller stone! That was an unexpected bonus!

Here is a pic of the two together for comparison. Please excuse my dented semi bezel. I dropped it on the tile recently and have to send it to the jeweler to be repaired.

I meant solution to DSS, not alternative... ::) Duh!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OOoh, that last picture makes it look like it may have strong blue fluorescence! What a beautiful little stone! Enjoy it in good health. :)

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely Beautiful!!! I love it!! It looks sooo good with your eternity band and suits your finger well! Just divine! Lucky, lucky find! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results