shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Cut Specs - Would this be a good buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tv77

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

We are looking at an Asscher, and I was wondering what people thought of these specs: (this is all I know, since I haven't see the cert)

SI1
F
Depth: 66.6%
Table: 66%
Is there anything else I should focus on in the cert before purchase?

Thanks in advance!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
SI1 can be very dangerous when you buy an Asscher.

66% table is "a little" big.

tv77

Rough_Rock
We did look at it through a loupe, and could barely see a small inclusion low in the table. We couldn't see it w/o magnification.

tv77

Rough_Rock
We also looked at two others - any comments?

F
VS1
Table = 64%
Depth = 69%
$5000

and

G
VS1
Table = 62%
Depth = 68%
$8900

Thanks in advance!

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked at all these diamonds?
There's a wide range of size and price.
The last two prices you were quoted seem extremely low, especially $8900 for a 1.50 G/VS1 with GIA report.

There's a lot of different designs of cuts that people describe as Asshcer, so knowing what the stone looks like will make a big difference.
Things like the size of the corners can't be captured looking only at a GIA report.

tv77

Rough_Rock
We did look at all three.

The 1.5 was absolutely stunning, but the price was more than we wanted to spend.

The 1.13 looks like mini-version of the 1.5. As you look into it, I can only describe it as to looking at a set of bleachers from the top down, if that makes sense. And you can't see the inclusion unless you are looking under magnification (which we are okay with).

The 1.0 was stunning as well - we couldn't see anything when looking at it through the loupe - absolutely clean. But we were surprised at the price as well - we thought it would cost more than the 1.13 since it was a VS1 vs an SI1.

The tables are kind of close on all of them. I guess it comes down to what is more visually appealling. I just wanted a heads up as to whether any of these seemed overpriced, not the right proportions, etc.

Thanks for the feedback!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From VS1 to SI1 should be quite a price jump. And from 1.5 cts to 1... can't these be reconciled? There must be hundreds of diamonds out there to consider!

Anyway, "Asscher" to me meana deep cut & small table - like THIS. Of course I would now what to say better if I could actually see the piece, but not even the cert if there! I would definitely want to see this one...

And THIS too! Although the cert says 'very thick girdle. I'd be fine with "thick" and there is no way to know if that word announces disaster or nothing at all.

I am pretty sure other sellers list the same piecs, so these links are all about the stones.

And then , there is THIS - with proportiosn closer to your choices and one inclusion that GIA chose to place on the pavilion view only (letting me hope that it is not close to the table). Who knows?

Just a few more things to consider.

JC

Shiny_Rock
tv77,

The "cut" of that asscher seems to be very nice. Many customers would love to have that depth and table combination. You had asked if there was anything else that you should find out about the diamond. I would check out the "SI1" clarity to make sure that you have an "eye-clean" diamond. As long as this diamond is "eye-clean" than it sounds like a winnder. However, keep in mind that I say that without knowing the price. So hopefully this diamond has been priced fairly. Good luck...

wavey.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best way to talk about diamond shapes... is to show the stones! But since that I cannot do, the one feasible thing is a drawing. Hopefuly the pic below shows that those table sizes make a serious difference.
read.gif

Asc5570.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I do have one pic after all - the square Ec in the immage had 66% depth and a 55% table. Just about what I was trying to look for in the PS database when the two stones at DCD appeared. The one piece below was listed by DBL way back.

66deep55table.JPG

tv77

Rough_Rock
This is all great information - thanks!

Also, I updated the price of the 1.13, as it didn't seem to make much difference any more if I knew or not.

Thanks again.
1.gif

Merry-lynn

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for putting these pictures of the Assher. Man did it really help bring it home for me !

I love the square stones but, being a bit weird, don't care too much to the princess. A bit too sparkly for me
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/19/2004 4:56:19 PM Merry-lynn wrote:

[...] these pictures of the Assher. Man did it really help bring it home for me !

----------------

Have you tried the Gem Adviser software (downloadable from Good Old Gold) ? Those 3D models how the details of cut really, really well
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results