shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA1 or HCA2 ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,
I've come up a steep learning curve the past couple days thanks to everyone at Pricescope - thanks!

Need some advice. I'm looking at two stones with HCA ratings of 1 & 2. Do the experts feel an HCA 1 is noticable different than HCA 2? (edited to add Firescope images)

Any other comments on my two options?

Option A
Carat: 1.34
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
HCA Rating: 1.0
Price: $7k
Size: 7.17-7.20X4.34
Depth: 60.4
Table: 56
Girdle: Thin/faceted
Culet: PT
Crown Angle: 34.9
Pavillion Angle: 40.7
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible
/idealbb/files/IS_AGS-5284802.jpg

Option B
Carat: 1.526
Color: J
Clarity: SI2
HCA Rating: 2.0
Price: $7.3k
Size: 7.36-7.41X4.58
Depth: 62.1
Table: 56
Girdle: 1.2 to 1.8%
Culet: PT
Crown Angle: 34.7
Pavillion Angle: 41
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible
Firescope image

Dscn2658.jpg

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not an expert, but I like #1 slightly better from the numbers. It also has a smaller variance in diameter (though both are good). Mostly, I just like the 40.7 pavilion angle better than the 41, and the I color better than the J, but these are really personal preferences. The only thing I'd suggest you make sure of is that the SI2 is eye-clean, or that any visible inclusions won't bother you or the intended wearer.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Different looking ideal-scope images, but both will be very nice diamonds.
It probably comes down to color and clarity.
The 1st stone is safer and even though it is smaller diameter, it will look a little larger comparitively than its stated mm's.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, from the IS images, I definitely like #1 better! The symmetry is much nicer, and though I'm sure #2 would perform nicely, #1 just looks like a winner to me.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure that those angles can really be measured with such precisiion that 0.3 of a degree is significant difference. So I would trust the Ideal Scope to be a more precise test (since it works on the stone rather than approximately precise numbers). The second stone seems to have some ever so slight "lickeage" under the table... I doubt this would make a visible difference at all, but down to such hair splitting, #1 wins the race
1.gif

As far as I know, of course.
read.gif

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
1 for sure but I think you are overpaying for it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... good point about the price
read.gif

I VS2 rounds run on PS's database from 5300 (EGL, no details on cut) to 7000 (this H&A here). Whiteflash runs teh whole range, from THIS non-branded piece to ANOTHER close in price to the one listed.

The leat expensive GIA piece is near 6k - so the H&A touch of perfection costs about 1k in this case. It is hard to choose among those less perfect pieces due to lack of details on cut quality
read.gif
so... this is aas much about a guarantee of quality as about the H&A pedigree. Is 1k worth it? The premium on cut is definitely less than this for this particular piece... as far as I understand.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I'm a SIZE GIRL myself... but I'd still choose #1! Definitely #1. It looks like it will be awesome. And 1.34 carat weight isn't anything to sneeze at!
2.gif

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results