shape
carat
color
clarity

I just dropped my diamond earring...

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
down the drain :angryfire: :errrr: ;( :(sad :blackeye:

OMG. I'm going to call someone to see if they can get it out tomorrow. These earrings meant so much to me. And now its probably lost forever. I am so sad. And my FF is out of town - he is not even here to help me stop freaking out. I cant even believe it. I always plug the drain before I clean my jewelry. I don't even know what to say....

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!!

There is usually a U-shaped catch in the piping for just these times - I hope they can retrieve it!!

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
Hey Yssie - yea I was freaking out and trying to open the pipe but I couldn't undo the screws.

However, an update: the maintenance people in my building came this morning and were able to get it out of the drain pipe!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I am so happy. These earrings have serious sentimental value - I was so sad last night.

So I have my earring back! YAY! Maybe I will post some pictures of them. Thanks for responding :)

stci

Ideal_Rock
Yessssssss! Everything is fine! I'm happy for you girl! :appl:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dropped a diamond stacker band down the drain once, my hubby was able to get it out, from then on, I am alot more careful around drains, glad you got your earring back.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got it back.

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
i'm so so happy that you got it back. it's a terrible feeling to lose an earring that means so much. last month i thought that i lost a cheapie (but sentimental) gold earring that my mom bought for me but found it after hours of looking in the general area where i thought i may have lost it! such a relief.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
been there done that!the worst is when its with a customers piece and after cleaning you notice that a diamond is missing!you pray that its still in the ultra sonic and not down the drain!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's a terror! We used a heated cleaning solution followed by steam, no ultrasonic, when I worked at Tiffany's just to avoid that! I was still always a bit afraid something would come up missing somehow.

I dropped my diamond wedding band down the drain once; it was originally my mother's from her first husband, who was killed in WWII so had special sentimental attachment, plus I love it. At the time I was already late meeting friends who had stopped in town just to have dinner w/me when they visited the States from England, what a nightmare. Didn't dare even flush the toilet till I could retrieve it. Could not believe my luck at being able to get somebody to get it out within 5 minutes. That NEVER happens when you're stuck!

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results