shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this Color change spinel?

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi all! What do you think of this CC spinel? Would you consider this a good color change? do you detect lotsa grey? Its 1.98carats. Its approx 7mm by 6.5 by 5.6mm (deep step cut) Rather petite in size. Do provide me with some setting ideas:)! I am not going to halo this one ;)) TIA:)

Photo0245.jpg

Photo0249.jpg

ruffysdad

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Very pretty CT. Looks like good cutting and polish although I'd call it more of a color shift spinel than CC. I just cut and sold one with a very similar shift in color but put it out as color shift as I like my stones to have a more dramatic change, like aboout 2 colors on the spectrum, before I'll say they're a color change. That being said, it still doesn't detract from the rarity and impact of that kind of spinel, or any other spinels for that matter :love: , I luv 'em!

Pete

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the photos are accurate (blue spinels are so hard to photograph properly), I think it's very pretty, and the shift in color is very pleasant.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Lovely stone. Just out of curiosity, what types of lighting did you use to take the photos?

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
virgoruby said:
Lovely stone. Just out of curiosity, what types of lighting did you use to take the photos?

Hi Pete, TL and Virgoruby! Tks for the input.

Virgoruby- I am using Krypton lamps from OSRAM:)

TL- The colors are close to the photos, I do not detect much grey, but some green in the blue (in certain light condition). The purple is quite close to an amethyst. Its a pretty blue but still no where close to that of a blue sapphire:)

It is kinda small, do you gals have any setting ideas? TIA!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chictomato said:
do you gals have any setting ideas? TIA!

Rose gold! :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your definition of “lots of gray”? :devil: I think the shift is very pleasant and if priced appropriately, is a keeper. Yes, the depth makes it face up a lot smaller than it should but it’s a nice looking stone anyway. Due to the colour shifting, I would not halo the stone. Perhaps something with side stones if you want to get more finger real estate?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very, very pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results