shape
carat
color
clarity

Neil Beaty - great appraisal experience in Denver, CO

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
After getting my perfect stone last week, I decided to follow my own advice and take it in for an independent appraisal. That happened today, and I was very impressed by the quality of service and level of attention I received. I saw a PS listed appraiser, Neil Beaty. Not only had he already spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with me explaining appraisals, but when my husband and I visited his office today, he really took time to explain all that he was doing and tell me about my diamond. I also had him look at a three-diamond ring that was my grandmother''s, and he appraised it as well. More interesting than the appraisal, was the bit of history he shared with us about jewelry from that time period
1.gif
. He also kindly looked at a couple of childhood pieces that were purportedly my birthstone, and assured me that they were in fact NOT topaz, but citrine. Then again, what would you expect from a purchase at the Rio de Janeiro airport?!
rolleyes.gif

In short, I was extremely pleased with my experience. Neil is very professional and pleasant, has lots of cool gadgets (microscopes, gemprint, Sarin, colorimeter, camera, and a few I didn''t recognize), and I felt he gave complete and helpful explanations. He also produced a very neat and professional (I''m a geek about that) report. In addition, he let me play with his H&A viewer and take my own pics
2.gif

Now on to having the stone set!!!
9.gif

HandAimages079.jpg

zoobiedo

Shiny_Rock
Great info. I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and plan to bring my e-diamond to him for appraisal when I actually figure out which one I am purchasing. By the way, your stone looks beautiful.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very nice pics quaeritur! We've heard nothing but good about Neil as well. Your images suggest you have a true H&A diamond that is cut with short lower girdles (74-75% length)/short stars (approx. low to mid 50's). With the different flavors of H&A on the market there are those who prefer this look to the longer lowergirdles/star combos and vice versa. The main factor is that you got a diamond that *you* like. Congrats to you!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Rhino! But you know, I was SUPPOSED to find it at YOUR store, not Blue Nile!!!
2.gif

I guess you'll just have to hook me up with some other diamond in the future...
1.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
quaeritur,

Thanks for the kind thoughts. It was a pleasure to work with you and to see your new stone. It was indeed lovely. You made an excellent selection.

I look forward to seeing your next purchase,

Regards,
Neil Beaty
www.gemlab.us

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 7/31/2004 5:13:38 PM quaeritur wrote:

Thanks Rhino! But you know, I was SUPPOSED to find it at YOUR store, not Blue Nile!!!
2.gif

I guess you'll just have to hook me up with some other diamond in the future...
1.gif
----------------

LOL... while I am jealous over you dear, more than anything I am happy that you finally found what you want. I know your call was very specific (down to the fluorescence) and we had some that were *close* but when you're making an important decision like this I realize it's a matter of who has the right stone and at the right time. I enjoyed our exchange of emails and I do take solice in knowing that I was able to help in some form. While we did not consummate a sale, I know that in our hearts we have and perhaps one day we'll be able to help with a different bling bling.
1.gif

Warm regards,

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Nice to hear a good testimonial. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results