shape
carat
color
clarity

match pendent stone to earrring stones???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steph T.

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone...

Just a quick question here--should one match a pendent stone (colorwise) to their earring stones??? Currently have 1.09 ctw I-colored white gold studs and now have an "itch" for a pendent!!! Should I aim for a "whiter" stone since It''ll be on my neck and more likely scruntinized??? I plan on getting the best cut of stone I can afford, but not too sure about color. I was thinking an "H" stone, but "I" stones are just more affordable. Any opinions???

Thanks,

Steph

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
An I on your neck would be fine. Get a well cut stone, as this will affect the sparkle most. As for matching, I really think you could stay within 3 color grades--unless you stand still so pple can examine you, no one will notice a grade or two, especially in a well cut stone--I've held a well cut J up against a well cut G and had a hard time seeing the difference--when they were side by side and under halogen lights!

1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Agreed -- I think "I" is fine. People will still be seeing it at a distance, not at 12 - 18 inches. There is enough space between the necklace and your ears that I don't think a color grade or 2 will be noticeable, but I don't think you need to go higher than "I". Like any Internet purchase, just make sure that if you aren't happy with it, you have a good return policy.

Steph T.

Rough_Rock
thanks for your response...I was thinking "I"---just needed second opinion!!!

Steph

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results