shape
carat
color
clarity

2 RB specs from today''s shopping

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LGail

Shiny_Rock
I went out to a local B&M today and found these stones:
# 1
1.24 RB
6.89 x 6.83 x 4.27
H, VS1
Crown Height: 15.1%
Depth: 61.9%
Table: 55.2%
Pav: 43.4%
Cu: v-small
Girdle: thin

# 2
1.64 RC
7.5 x 7.6 x 4.83
I, SI1
Crown: 18.3%
Depth: 64%
Table: 52.3
Pav: 42.9%
Cu: v-small
Girdle 1.3%

I know the specs of the first stone are obviously better (and it is a beauty) but I am really looking for a larger stone. I liked the look of the second stone but not the specs. It wasn''t quite as brilliant but I don''t think I would be disappointed if I was looking at it by itself. Oh, and it is a beautiful I color. So let me know what you all think. Thanks!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
These are really apples and oranges stones -- especially since you didn't include pricing. I think only you can make this decision, as you are the only one who had seen both stones, and the one who had to decide what is most important to you -- absolute sparkle, or size. The first stone obviously specs out better, but if you have seen the 2nd one and liked it, you should consider it if you want the bigger size.

2 things may make you feel better about it. Look at it in many different lightings, and send it to an appraiser (with the right to a full refund for any reason) for an objective opinion. Find an appraiser who will give you the goods and bads with a strong critique, not one who just verifies that it matches the cert and applies a value for insurance.

LGail

Shiny_Rock
Oops, forgot to include the part about the pricing!
#1: $7200, #2: $8134

I informed the vendor that these prices are higher than the comparable stones I have found at very reputable online vendors. He said the provide him with the information and he will match the price. So I'm not sure he is going to be able to match the price with tax but I know he is willing to negotiate, especially since he knows I am more than willing to go with an online vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results