shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts from the Experts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaglefan

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Would the experts out there mind telling me your thoughts on this stone. This is the GIA cert

G
VS2
7.14 x 7.17 x 4.43
Polish - VG
Symetry - EX
No Flor, No Culet
Price - $8,400

Is the pricing good because of the placement of the inclusion in the middle of the table? Will that affect the brilliance?

Comments/suggestions appreciated!
10.gif

Beaglefan

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
As a VS2 it is unlikely that you'd be able to find this inclusion with the nekkid eye without really knowing where to look. It will not affect its brilliance.

The price seems good to me. How does the stone look to you?

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
Inclusion shouldn't be a problem, but if you're worried about it, ask the vendor to take a magnified picture of the inclusion and send it in to you. They would have to call it in, though, because it looks like it's on a virtual list of stones, which means it's most likely not in their personal inventory, but that several vendors have access to it (6 vendors just on the pricescope search). The good news is that Mondera is the lowest priced. Most of the other vendors are $200 more, but would probably match the price if you felt more comfortable dealing with them, but that's just one option to consider. At a minimum, if you like Mondera, I'd ask them to call the stone in to evaluate the inclusion for you, and also hopefully give you a better idea on the cut. The depth and table are in a good range, but if you're looking for a better idea on what type of cut it is, more info is needed. I would suggest at least a sarin report to start. If you're comfortable buying with just the table and depth info, than that's fine, but most people here focus a lot on cut, since they believe it has the biggest impact on the beauty of the diamond. i happen to agree, but again, that's up to you. Good luck in your search.
1.gif

beaglefan

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the Pricescope guidance. I was able to get a Sarin report, and using the Holloway Cut Advisor, it came back as a 4.7 -- not a very good score.

I would have never known, as this was being passed as an "ideal cut".

This site is great, and it has educated me to know what questions to ask.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results