shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a micro-pave (Ritani?) princess cut setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

romwarrior88

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend went to Bailey, Banks and Biddle a couple weeks ago and fell in love with a ring there. She drew it for me and actually gave me a business card of the salesperson that had the SKU on it. By the time I went to Bailey the ring had been sold. I have been looking all over for it but have been unsuccessful as of yet. I was hoping someone here may have some insight.

It has a thin, micro-pave covered band. The setting is for a princess (or at least a square-ish cut). The setting itself is similar to the picture I have posted except for two major things. First, the micro-pave surrounding the stone is a square instead of an octagon. Also, the diamond is elevated above the square instead of being flush with the top. At least, that is the general idea I got from my GF''s drawing. I haven''t talked to her about it because I''m trying not to give her any clue that I''m looking for it.

The info the salesperson wrote on the business card is:

SKU - 14690945
Platinum semi-mount $1500

I have called but the salesperson does not recall the ring and the SKU does not seem to help her.

Does anyone have any idea what this ring might be. I''m thinking it may be a Ritani, but I''m not sure. I would be so grateful for any help!

-RW

ritani_endlesslove.jpg

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I did a bit of web searching for someone before

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anyone-know-good-custom-jeweler-to-make-ritani-endles-love-setting.16426/

note that most of these settings say they have to be built around the center diamond, so you're not looking for something to be ordered out of a catalogue... personally, I really liked the NiceIce version of the setting (which I believe they'll make for whatever shape you want), with a smallish diamond in the center, so it doesn't get overwhelming.

edit: the whole "let's write down a random number on the card" thing really bugs me. a) a lot of them can't find the ring again later when I come in with someone else and b) I can't send my friends pictures of the settings for opinions...

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Warrior -

I love the setting you included a picture of! Where's that picture from?

--Kate

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HERE it is
1.gif

And there are quite a few versions of the design, but not exactly the same:

Ritani settings follow the shape of the center stone - so they would be round, not hexagonal for a round diamond. Same for the one at Nice Ice - only those could likely be ordered with such a modification if you so wish...

Icestore, Precisionset and Richard Landi, J.B. Star, Fusaro, Michael B make versions of this model too, and I bet these are not the only ones.

JHeebner

Rough_Rock
If it was just a semi mount (no center stone) then it wasn't a Ritani, because Ritani only sells comlete diamond engagement rings. So many companies make micro pave now, some of the others are Gumuchian Fils (in fact, their Halo semi mount sounds like the one you've described but I know theirs costs a lot more), Danhov, Infinity Line, Norman Silverman, Carelle, ... there are more (Michael B, as you mentioned).
Perhaps ask Bailey, Banks & Biddle which bridal lines they carry that do feature micro pave? That could narrow it down for you.

romwarrior88

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I think JHeebner is right. Since it's just a semi-mount, it must not be Ritani.

I called BBB again and the salesperson is going to call the corporate headquarters with the SKU and see if any other stores have it in stock. I find it amazing that their computers only pull up SKU's of rings they have in stock at that particular location. Once it's sold, the SKU pulls up absolutely nothing.

valeria101,

Thanks for the links. We're getting closer. Your link is defintely the closest I've seen online. Although I'm looking for a square top, not an octagon, and the band on the one I'm looking for is round and not flat. Also, I couldn't tell if the main stone was elevated above the top or if it was flush. The one I'm looking for has an elevated stone.

I've found a local, reputable jeweler who will make it for me custom for $2700 for the platinum semi-mount with .40c in pave set diamonds. That is a little more than I was hoping to spend, but does anyone know if that is a fair price?

Thanks again for all your help!

-RW

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Hi - I too have been seeking out the Ritani Endless Love ring. Diamond Brokers of Florida sells Ritani, and I've been speaking to them about it. Per my last email from Jan, the Bezel Set Endless Love Solitaires are only sold whole by Ritani because they mold the bezel to the specific stone by computer for a perfect fit.

You can buy other Ritani settings separately however, and have them set with your own stone.

This one is similar to the endless love. I want a solitaire, and they sell the version pictured here without the side stones. The only difference is that there are the small prongs that hold the stone in. I'm sure they offer the same thing for a square stone.

These mountings from Ritani are around 2,000 in platinum, I believe.

--Kate

ritani alternative.jpg

romwarrior88

Rough_Rock
I found it!!

After getting no help from the original BBB that my girlfriend went to, I decided to stop by another one that I knew of. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the one she had described to me. I double checked the SKU that I had and sure enough it was the one. I bought it right there. Now I just have to find a diamond. I'm thinking a square radiant to match the shape of the ring. I'm not a good photographer but I included a picture below just so you guys know what I'm talking about.

And to valeria101, my apologies. Your ring that you posted was close indeed. The top of the ring I got is not an exact square, but has the rounded edges just like the one you posted.

Thanks again for all your help!!

PICT0060_crop.JPG

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Pretty setting! I think you could set a round in that one as well and it would look nice - or any kind of square shaped stone. Lots of options!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results