shape
carat
color
clarity

sotheby''s 10.3 ct OEC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jgny

Shiny_Rock
gorgeously chunky facets! I would not know how to value something like this... auction estimate is 40,000-60,000 USD...

http://www.sothebys.com/app/live/lot/LotDetail.jsp?lot_id=159592161

Description

The old European-cut diamond weighing 10.30 carats, flanked by tapered baguette diamonds weighing approximately .50 carat, mounted in platinum and 14 karat white gold, size 5½, adjustable.

CONDITION REPORT

The old European-cut diamond approximately O to P color, VS2-SI1 clarity, with medium blue fluorescence. The tapered baguettes are approximately H-I color and VS clarity. In good condition. Fitted with a hinged shank that allows for slipping over the knuckle.

KNOCK KNOCK!
31.gif

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Would you buy this or spend for 3.5 ct G VS1 cushion cut in the old mine fashion? Theoretically, of course!

Attaching pic of Sotheby's ring....

N08629-369-lr-1.jpg

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Consider the source, of course but I would buy the OEC in a heartbeat! That stone''s charm and allure is intangible - there is history and character and several love stories lived within it. To me, that is priceless.

Not that Im biased or anythin''.
2.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
beautiful - if only! :)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
It''s huge. I could not carry it off.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results