shape
carat
color
clarity

Where would you go for platinum earrings without diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joane

Rough_Rock
There are some old threads asking about platinum earrings but the links are no longer good so I''ve started a new thread. I''ve been looking on the internet for a pair of simple matte-finish platinum earrings with no diamonds or other stones, just metal. Found a pair of studs on Blue Nile. They look very nice but one reviewer said the backings are not that strong, which conerned me because I want to wear them for everyday use. Other than that, there are hoops but they snap closed on top. I prefer a stud, hook or a lever-back type, or the type like Indian earrings that snap into a hole. I''m looking for something up to the $200 price range, small and simple but--decidedly platinum... Is this too tall an order?

Where would you go for a pair of simple platinum earrings? TIA!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/28/2010 1:42:18 PM
Author:Joane

There are some old threads asking about platinum earrings but the links are no longer good so I've started a new thread. I've been looking on the internet for a pair of simple matte-finish platinum earrings with no diamonds or other stones, just metal. Found a pair of studs on Blue Nile. They look very nice but one reviewer said the backings are not that strong, which conerned me because I want to wear them for everyday use. Other than that, there are hoops but they snap closed on top. I prefer a stud, hook or a lever-back type, or the type like Indian earrings that snap into a hole. I'm looking for something up to the $200 price range, small and simple but--decidedly platinum... Is this too tall an order?

Where would you go for a pair of simple platinum earrings? TIA!
Joane-This website seems to have a couple of pairs of earrings that meet your specifications. In fact one of the pairs is exactly like a pair I have in 24K gold and that I wear frequently :). I never heard of this website before, but it looks interesting!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

Joane

Rough_Rock
AGBF, thank you. I didn''t realize platinum came in 585 karat. I though platinum was usually 950. Those are interesting with the textured surface. Here is a link to the page on Blue Nile with the round 6mm studs I saw. Do you think the posts look okay?

http://www.bluenile.com/platinum-earrings_12535

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results