shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone seen/tried on this Tiffany Schlumberger band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Twisted rope

If so, what did you think of it? Was it comfortable? About how high (tall) is the ring off the finger?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, but it is pretty!

Sara I would post this over in Jewlery pieces. Lots more tiffany fans there
1.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen that one before. Its really pretty!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 9:33:48 AM
Author:sarap333
Twisted rope

If so, what did you think of it? Was it comfortable? About how high (tall) is the ring off the finger?

yes--its actually fine--not nearly as bulky as the picture makes it look

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Maisie, I''d never seen it before either, until today when I was on Tiffany''s website. The Chicago Tiffany''s (store closest to me) has it in my size, and will ship it out for free through March 22, but I just can''t tell from the photo how massive it is.

And, thanks, Dreamer, I''ll ask the moderator to move this thread. Perhaps there is a Schlumberger fanatic over in the Jewelry forum.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 9:33:48 AM
Author:sarap333
Twisted rope

This ring is by one of my favorite jewelry designers of the 1950s...and the ring is killer beautiful...but that price is crazyness!$2000 for a medium weight, no-gemstone ring?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen that one before either - it''s very pretty and looks both delicate and substantial.. lovely!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
It''s pretty!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, PinkAsscher and Maevie for checking out my thread.

And, thanks, bgray, for the information on the ring. It's so hard to tell from Tiffany's photos what the actual piece is like.

Jewelerman, I love, love,
30.gif
Jean Schlumberger, and have since I was in high school and saw my first Tiffany "blue book." I always told myself I'd own one of his pieces some day. I am in my early 50's now, and I think I've waited long enough! This ring caught my eye because it is classic, yet modern. I could wear it as a right hand ring or as a wedding band when I'm traveling and don't want to wear my "tall halo." But, you're right, the price is just outrageous, even for Tiffany, and even for this designer.

I know I'd wear it a lot, and it does have the "look" he is famous for, but I'm not sure I can wrap my head around the price.

I've been keeping my eye out for vintage Schlumberger pieces, but they seem to be few and far between. I don't always trust ebay for Tiffany pieces, but some people on PS seem to do okay.

I'm also considering these earrings bamboo because I'm wearing more yellow gold again. But the copy says "ear clips" -- what??? -- this can't mean clip on style, not pierced, can it? I'd lose those in a nanosecond.

Any insight you can give me on where to look for authentic vintage Schlumberger, Jewlerman, would be appreciated. I love the fact that he started his career working for Elsa Schiaparelli. I can see her influence in his work.

ETA: By the way, I spoke to a very nice sales rep (Nadine) at the Chicago store today (over the phone). She wears the 16-stone ring as her wedding ring. Yellow gold, diamonds and platinum "X's. I asked her if it was comfortable for daily wear, and she said yes, she's had it for a number of years and worn it daily.

Any other Schlumberger fans out there?

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
an old poster, ann, had the diamond ring in this style. it is posted here on ps. you might do a search if you are interested in seeing it or trying to get her thoughts on the style. hth.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, crown1. I found her thread and also Beacon''s thread. Very helpful. If I decide to order this ring, I''ll post photos.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 12:41:04 AM
Author: sarap333

Any other Schlumberger fans out there?

Yes, sure. His reputation is about as good as it gets. He designed pieces for Elizabeth Taylor, Jackqueline Kennedy, etc. I figure in particular if Elizabeth Taylor liked his work that's about as good as a recommendation as any.

I like this ring. It's expensive but I think the price is comparable to other Tiffany rings.

3 mm Lucida band, 18 kt 600
same, platinum 1050

This one is bigger, more elaborate, and from their most famous designer's collection.

I think the price is fair personally.

Good luck!

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Hi sarap,
I had the 11mm version of that ring [six ropes, 11gr] the ring is very comfortable to wear
2.gif
those pieces are classic but pricey...have you consider pre-owned? One of my sisters got the ribbon version [diamonds] in immaculate condition for half the price online.
Good Luck!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I agree, Imdanny, his work says "Tiffany" to me more than any other of their designers. And after I posted this, I went in and looked at the prices of the Lucida ring, and I agree, $1900 doesn''t sound so bad!

Rachel, I have been looking online at estate and I''ve found a few of the six rope style (I won''t reveal my sources just yet!). I''d rather have the narrower ring. The six rope would overwhelm my fingers, I''m afraid. But glad to hear it''s comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results