shape
carat
color
clarity

Makeup discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have just found out that Prescriptives is being discontinued!! Apparently this news has been out for awhile but I was stocked and not paying any attention to their counter or ads. I love their foundation and their colors - now I have to start all over with something else!!

And what would that something else be ladies? I''ve used their Virtual Matte oil control foundation for several years now. It never caused breakouts, provided marvelous coverage, and blended like you wouldn''t believe.

Any foundation suggestions that would be close to the Virtual Matte?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
You can still order online till they run out of supplies.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know but of course they don''t have my color!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure if this site sells the line , but worth a look, www.gonebutnotforgotten.com I got 6 of my fave lipsticks from them... I had all but given up hope of ever finding them....They charge a fee, but for me, was worth it... Once I love something, that''s it !!!

If they can''t help you, look on Ebay???

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2010 8:37:25 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Not sure if this site sells the line , but worth a look, www.gonebutnotforgotten.com I got 6 of my fave lipsticks from them... I had all but given up hope of ever finding them....They charge a fee, but for me, was worth it... Once I love something, that''s it !!!

If they can''t help you, look on Ebay???
Thanks! I did order some eye pencils from them a couple of years ago. I forgot about them - I''ll give them a try. I already looked on ebay and no luck.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I to am so mad that they discontinued their line. I use the Flawless Finish and absolutely love it, plus the shade matches my skin tone perfectly. I understand they will continue to offer their custom blend.

Since this is an Estee Lauder company perhaps another of their line may carry something similar. Also, if there is a Kohl''s near you, I understand that estee Lauder makes their line of cosmetics. Maybe a Prescriptives copy in a Kohl''s line?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2010 8:41:46 PM
Author: soocool
I to am so mad that they discontinued their line. I use the Flawless Finish and absolutely love it, plus the shade matches my skin tone perfectly. I understand they will continue to offer their custom blend.

Since this is an Estee Lauder company perhaps another of their line may carry something similar. Also, if there is a Kohl''s near you, I understand that estee Lauder makes their line of cosmetics. Maybe a Prescriptives copy in a Kohl''s line?
That''s a good tip - I''ll check it out. I do think that Estee Lauder has a similar foundation but I''ve found in the past that the EL line had fragrances or something that could be irritating to my skin. I''m also kind of angry with them for discontinuing the Prescriptives line. From what I''ve read, they didn''t do much to promote this line and it sort of fizzled out. That is, unless of course, you had found your perfect foundation with them. I just never dreamed they would discontinue the whole line! Their color printing sytem worked really well with lip and eye shades too. Made it sort of foolproof and their products were clean - not clogged down with a lot of mineral oil and such.

Anyhoo, angry or not I''m sure I''ll try the Estee Lauder line cause I''ve got to have something! Vanity wins again!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you have an outlet mall with a Cosmetics Company Store you can find nearly all the brands that EL makes at prices of up to 30% off. Before EL sold Stila, The Cosmetics Company Store carried that line and then after it was sold, they continued carrying many of their products for a while. Chances are you''ll keep finding Prescriptives stuff there until everything is gone.

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
I am with you Missy...they chose to save the origins line and throw away their faithful followers! Smart.

I am into all the foundations of Prescriptives. Only thing that works for me as well. I actually learned about the line being discontinued through...PRICESCOPE. Apparently you and your lovely baubles have been missing in action for a while? See how it pays to come to PS everyday? Sorry, couldn''t resist rubbing it in!

To help you deal with this, you know the liquids really don''t have a long shelf life after the air has been introduced. So in theory, if you are regretting stocking up and buying ten bottles...I really think you would have regretted THAT more in the long run. The true color for me never stays true when I get to the end of the bottle. Have you noticed that? I have always put up with it, and tried to change the way I used it. So, even those who stocked up...will all run out of consistency eventually.

We have to forge forward... together, we can do this! My counter girl has a crossover sheet that they have tested other lines ...guess want line they think has the most similar formulas? Clinque! Yeah, right. I don''t buy it. Prescriptives was just flawless, I look airbrushed. I think they she said they have a matte...so when you get time make them prove it to you!

MAC is supposed to have something to be close to magic illuminating potion. My girl says it is cheaper and you get more of it anyway...so she wouldn''t let me buy it from the end stock. I got a magic powder and several mineral powders...and a few flawless. But just so you know...using the end of your product there is no peace...every use is a luxury a(like Seinfeld''s Elaine, you wonder if this one is s***** worthy!) Is this day actually makeup worthy?

If you still need a fix to tide you over, check the dealers on Ebay.

There there Miss Got Rocks...there there.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THis is one of the few foundations that didn''t break me out or make me look like a oompa loompa after a few hours of wear. I used the traceless and I haven''t been able to find my color in a while.
38.gif

-A

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
If you''re needing oil control, Medi_Matte, by Cosmedicine is like liquid gold
30.gif
I have an oil slick for a face and this controls it all day long. I then just use my $6 Avon foundation over top and my makeup looks perfect and fresh all day long.
9.gif
I also love Sephora as they give generous samples and have an amazing return policy.

Mystra

Rough_Rock
I''m sad you didn''t have luck on Ebay. When my fave lipsticks were discontinued I lucked out, and found them there.
Do you have a Christmas Tree Shop near you?? I see discontinued items and makeup lines there all the time. You may luck out....
Good luck!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Just a heads up: I was at a women''s business conference today and one of the panelists was from Estee Lauder. She mentioned that discontinuing the prescriptives line was one of the "tough choices" they''ve had to make during the recession, but that there is a "possibility" of it coming back at a later point via an online model.

Obviously nothing definitive, but there may be hope!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t used Prescriptives, but my aunt loves it - she''s going to be so upset.

My favorite brand is Bobbi Brown, but she never ceases to annoy me by releasing, say, a new lipstick formula, then maybe it''s available for a year or two, then she discontinues it and creates a totally new product. Not a comparable updated product, but something totally different. I''m still pissed at her for discontinuing her Shimmer Gloss Sticks that came our in 2002. That was my favorite lipstick ever, and I have never found a substitute. Now she just discontinued her Tinted Lip Balm SPF 15, so I stocked up on it when the lady at my local BB counter told me about it.

Here''s a tip for you guys - if you have an Outlet center, there''s a chain called the Cosmetic Company Store (I think) that carried Estee Lauder products - including Clinique, MAC, Bobbi Brown, and Origins. You can find overstocked & discontinued products there, for a GREAT discount. I buy a lot of my BB cosmetics & Clinique skincare there, both the discontinued and current stuff

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 4:30:46 PM
Author: vespergirl

Here''s a tip for you guys - if you have an Outlet center, there''s a chain called the Cosmetic Company Store (I think) that carried Estee Lauder products - including Clinique, MAC, Bobbi Brown, and Origins. You can find overstocked & discontinued products there, for a GREAT discount. I buy a lot of my BB cosmetics & Clinique skincare there, both the discontinued and current stuff
Yep. I posted about this above.
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2010 4:14:22 PM
Author: rockzilla
Just a heads up: I was at a women''s business conference today and one of the panelists was from Estee Lauder. She mentioned that discontinuing the prescriptives line was one of the ''tough choices'' they''ve had to make during the recession, but that there is a ''possibility'' of it coming back at a later point via an online model.

Obviously nothing definitive, but there may be hope!
That would be good news for current Prescriptives users but I can''t see how they would get new business as people could never try out the product. However, I''ll take the possiblity and run with it! Women being women though will be out shopping for a new product and IF they find something they like as well, they won''t go back. Once you''ve had the rug jerked out from under you, you''re less likely to give a company another chance to do it again.

The recession has changed business models all over though and I certainly understand that they have to do what they have to do to stay in business. There are probably very few businesses anywhere that haven''t had to cut something in order to stay afloat.

Thanks for the info though - you can always accept things better when you understand the reasoning behind them!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2010 4:30:46 PM
Author: vespergirl
I haven''t used Prescriptives, but my aunt loves it - she''s going to be so upset.

My favorite brand is Bobbi Brown, but she never ceases to annoy me by releasing, say, a new lipstick formula, then maybe it''s available for a year or two, then she discontinues it and creates a totally new product. Not a comparable updated product, but something totally different. I''m still pissed at her for discontinuing her Shimmer Gloss Sticks that came our in 2002. That was my favorite lipstick ever, and I have never found a substitute. Now she just discontinued her Tinted Lip Balm SPF 15, so I stocked up on it when the lady at my local BB counter told me about it.

I think there is one of those stores just across the Bay Bridge at the outlets. I may get over there before too long anyway so I''ll be sure to look. All of the online sources - including ebay - just don''t seem to have my color. In fact, all of the foundations in their red family seem to already be sold out. Maybe there''s something better out there that I just haven''t found yet!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As an update, I was able to order two bottles of the foundation from the Gone But Not Forgotten website. I''ve used their service twice and been extremely pleased. I got two bottles figuring that it would give me quite a bit of time to find another foundation that I love.

Tonight, I found someone on ebay offering the Prescriptives eyeliner that I have loved for so long. It was discontinued before the line went out so imagine my surprise at finding it! I bought three of those as well so I''m stocked for awhile and have some breathing room to find new products.

Hard to believe this can be such a big deal but when you find something you truly like, it''s hard to find it''s no longer available! Just thought this might help others find some discontinued products.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I hate it when really great products get discontinued, while crap stays in circulation.
29.gif
If Urban Decay ever tries to discontinue the 24/7 eye pencils or their primer potion, I am going to riot in the streets!

I was trying to find some of the Neutrogena Clean Lash Tint for my mother, as she has sensitive eyes too and likes subtle makeup. I use it when I''m wearing my glasses as my lashes are really long, but light, so I want to darken them without adding length, or my lashes will be windshield wiping mascara all over the inside of my lenses.
20.gif
And it turns out they discontinued it! ARGH!

Why do they do this to us?!
39.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - it really is maddening!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results