shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone know Vancouver well?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Messiah Khan

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. Well I''m planning for asking the big question. Me and my girlfriend are having a 3 week holiday in British Columbia this summer, and I intend to pop the question during out first week in Vancouver (Then heading off to Jasper, Banff, Kelowna and back to Vancouver). I have never been to Vancouver, so everything I know about it is from reading etc. In my head I have the idea of asking her on the shoreline somewhere around Stanley Park. How does this sound?

Does anyone know of any romantic spots in Vancovuer? Also once I have asked the question I would like to go for a Romantic meal. Any suggestions?

1.gif

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Stanley Park is beautiful and big with lots of scenic places for you to propose. I personally love the rose garden and wouldn''t mind having a proposal there, although if you''re going in summer and want a private proposal bear in mind that Stanley Park is a popular place especially when the weather is nice.

I also like Queen Elizabeth Park as it seems less crowded most days than Stanley Park and while smaller, is just as beautiful in the summer.

Congratulations!
36.gif

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Hi Messiah Khan - local Vancouverite here! There are lots of great romantic spots near the water in Vancouver (wow, it sure is crazy here right now with the Olympics in full swing - go Canada go!) If you DO go to Stanley Park, there is a walkway that goes all the way around the whole park called the Seawall that has some very dramatic views (underneath the Lions Gate Bridge for example) but as the other poster says, it is EXTREMELY crowded on nice sunny days (and a lot of bikes and rollerbladers too). If you go later in the evening for a nice long stroll it might not be very crowded though (but it''s quite the walk all the way around the park - at least an hour). There are a few spots in the park itself as she said - I recommend this one area near the Fish House where there is a little meadow and a pretty little bridge that goes over part of Lost Lagoon - it''s the perfect spot to have a picnic in the summer (you''d have to find it on a map though - just find Lost Lagoon and look to the west of it - you''ll see the little bridge). Also the Inukshuk on English Bay is kind of cool - certainly a memorable spot (actually my friend got engaged there!). Also there are these really cute little boats that go from the Aquatic Centre across to Granville Island. If you''re into something fun, that would be really memorable. It''s about a five minute ride and the views are pretty cool. Then you could have dinner at one of the restaurants on Granville Island - there are a lot of great ones there. It''s hard to recommend any restaurants here, there are so many amazing places. I guess for sheer romance (and impact), I''d have to say Cloud 9 which is the round restaurant (that revolves) on top of the Empire Landmark Hotel (it''s the one you see when you see the skyline of Vancouver - the big building with the "spaceship" on top). I''ve never been there but it''s pretty iconic (if for nothing else but the view!)

Hope this helps and congrats!

B2THEI

Rough_Rock
Figured I''d piggy-back off of this thread as I too am planning to propose in Vancouver in short time. I am actually going to be on a trip in Whistler, though, so was hoping that any Vancouver/Whistler folks might be able to let me know about some good spots in the area. I''m going to be staying at Nita Lake Lodge, and Nita Lake seemed like a sweet spot for a proposal. But any thoughts would be much appreciated!

B2

gsellis

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Then there is also Buchart Gardens over on Victoria. There are those little restaurants in Horseshoe Bay at dusk. And Stanley Park is just awesome. You could even do it during a carriage ride.

pinkelephant

Rough_Rock
Hi there, I''m also a local vancouverite. If you are heading to Banff, you could always hold off and take her for a helicopter ride on top of the Rocky Mountains. The pilot will land on a glacier so you can walk around and you could propose there. The views are beautiful and it''s completely private! Otherwise, there are so many beautiful places around Vancouver where you can have views of the mountain and the ocean. If you would like a more ''botanical'' feel, I would say that Van Deusen Gardens is really beautiful. Anyway, what ''feel'' are you looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results