shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC Proposal Idea...Need Comments and Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ctofmi

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Long time reader, and I have to say that this forum is an amazing resource for someone who is getting prepared to propose. Thank you all for that!

So I am getting close to having the ering finalized and I have a basic idea of what I want to do for the proposal, but I need some feedback about if it is a good idea and any thoughts to other things that could add polish to the moment.

My idea is to propose near the imagine mosaic in strawberry fields in central park. The reason I chose this venue is because my girlfriend and I had taken a trip together to NYC at the beginning of our relationship, and that was one of many places we visited together on that trip. The next part of the idea was to either get a string quartet, or a couple musicians to play All My Loving (Beatles) when we would arrive at the mosaic, and then I would propose when they finished. I am not sure if this is too cheesy, or if it would even be possible with the randomness of foot traffic through that area at different times.

Any suggestions to improve the plan or comments would be appreciated.
Thanks!

babygirl

Shiny_Rock
What a cute idea!! I''ve always thought that Central Park would be a great place to propose :) The foot traffic in Strawberry Fields probably depends a lot on the time of year/day of the week you''re planning to propose- When I go to the park, I''m usually on the east side so I couldn''t tell you what SF is like on a daily basis (maybe someone else can?) I think the band/quartet is a cute idea (especially if you can find a song for them that means something to the two of you? Don''t think it necessarily needs to be a Beatles song unless you/she are big fans). This also depends on the time of year of your proposal, but I''ve always thought the rowboat rentals at the Boathouse were kind of romantic. You could bring a picnic/snacks/dessert/wine. (Might be a fun way to celebrate after the proposal, unless you''d rather have someone else serve all of that to you!)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
babygirl has some good suggestions!

Foot traffic varies, and having a string quartet could be rough, I''d maybe stick with one instument it''s easier for them to blend into the crowd and the foot traffic wouldn''t matter so much.

What time of year are you looking to do this?

ctofmi

Rough_Rock
Thanks babygirl and Bella_mezzo! I appreciate the suggestions. I''m shooting for a late April proposal, so hopefully the weather will work out. I''m going back and forth with the music idea and will decide using your advice, and also the availability of musician''s that I find. Depending on what I find and weather, one instrument may be the way to go. I was thinking maybe a carriage ride or row boat after to decompress a bit from the excitement...lol. The other thing I''m working on is setting up a photographer to take some journalistic pics before and during the big event. Also, maybe some posed shots afterward. My gf is a photography buff so I figure she would appreciate that.

Anybody else want to weigh in as well?? All ideas appreciated and welcome!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

Honestly, I think the Central Park proposal is overdone. Seriously, so many people come here to propse in CP.

What other places did you guys go to at the start of the relationship?

I never got a real proposal so last year for our anniversary, my hubby went to a bakery (pretty sure it was Magnolia) and had them make a cupcake (i love cupcakes), that said "will you marry me again?" Then showed me the reservations we had for a weekend at Mohonk Mountain house (gorgeous place upstate ny).

So, I''d take something she likes into consideration and see how I could plan it into the proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results