shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me With My Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

made.red

Rough_Rock
I live in D.C. and I am deciding between two proposal ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

1) Reflecting Pool: The reflecting pool between the Washington Monument and the Lincoln memorial is picturesque, and has been the site for historic events. One such event was the MLK "I Have a Dream" speech. I was thinking of taking my GF "sight-seeing" there. I would write a short poem that is my version of a ''dream speech'' describing how my dream came true in my relationship with her, and then propose.

2) Rose Garden: A colleague of mine can arrange private tours of the White House and could allow me to do my proposal there. Only thing is--it would be semi-private--in that my friend would have to be in on it. We could get a private moment near the garden, but not too long and not too private. But, it would be unique.

Can anyone help me decide?

babygirl

Shiny_Rock
Oooo I love DC!! Plus you have so many options for a picturesque/history-related proposal!!

I like privacy and uniqueness of the rose garden idea, and since your friend will be standing nearby, you could give him your camera beforehand and have him snap an action shot of the actual proposal.
36.gif

The reflecting pool would also be a pretty spot to pop the question. You know your girlfriend- would she appreciate the sentiment of a hand-written poem? (I think some women would love it but others might not be so keen). Personally, I think the Dream speech is kind of an awkward one to mimic for a proposal- a little too much history and not enough romance
1.gif
If you''re both history buffs and you want to work it in somehow, maybe you could talk about MLK having given the speech there and then say "I had a dream too..." and launch into proposal? Not that I''ve heard one yet or anything, but a proposal speech seems like it should come from the heart.. I wouldn''t worry about composing a poem or anything like that unless you know it would be really special to her.

made.red

Rough_Rock
Thnx baby girl. :) I am leaning toward the reflecting pool, but definitely wouldn''t imitate the speech...moreso write her something that includes the dream theme...I''m a writer.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Both scenarios have their merits.
You know your girl.
Which would be more meaningful to her?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results