shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier Eternity Band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
Does anyone own an eternity band from Cartier or know how much this would be? Im looking for a 2mm wide one (or smaller) size 5 & have looked at local b&m''s and at Tiffany''s, and so far they all seem to be in the same price range ($1700-$2000). I was just wondering what the same thing would be at Cartier ... without the embarassment of having to go into the store and find out they are way higher...
thanks!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
well, what size diamonds? what color? clarity?

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
size- 2mm wide band size 5
color- most i have seen are in the g range
clarity-? does it matter at that size?

im just trying to figure out ballpark.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
hmmm....anyone know what size stones that is?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2mm = approximately 1/16 inch

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL... I mean carat weight of each stone!
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I think they use points for stones below 1ct in general...

Hey Coarchitect, if you want, I can go to Cartier and ask. It is not far from my usual lunch time excursions...
11.gif

I have no shame at all whatsoever, and if I can try it on for you, even better!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The design does have some metal beyond the bead set stones, right? I am not sure what type or setting you guys are talking about so just wandering...

A 2mm band would have maybe 1.5-1.8mm stones max, so 0.05-0.08 carates per stone and probably 20-22 or them for the respective ~1.5 carats.

Clarity, cut and color are definitely important with these things, all the more so that for such tiny diamonds, the relative size of the inclusion versus the stone would be used as a criteria of grading: so VS may well not be 'eye clean'. Not that ths matters hugely, but if you want a 'band of brilliance' lots of obstructions to light of size comparable with that of the stones are not great
sad.gif

But this would already be taken into acount by a top brand, so I guess the choices are E/F or G/H for color, and VS or VVS calrity. Not that this means overkill for stone this small. BTW, the little diamonds woud be no more than $25 apiece even if you bought a single one (which, obviously, the maker does not).

Enough ranting though... I wish I knew the prices at Cartier but I do not, despite the store being literally down the street! The'll likely be substantially mre expensive here too... Not that I mind a pretext for visiting (next morning, obviously!).

Some time ago, Mara mentioned a place called "Signedpieces" (LINK) and they seem to cary at least some Cartier jewelry.

Hope this helps
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I think I more frequently hear 1/2 carat than 50 points, etc..... But you know what I meant!
1.gif
.... That's what I was looking for... .05 - .08. for a total of 1.5 tcw. Why the heck go to Tiffany or Cartier? (that squeeking sound is my wallet!)

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Well, I think it's nice to buy Tiffany (NOT Friday) or Catier for wedding rings, or milestone jewelery. Diamond e-rings are a different story for me, as I wanted Bigger, and not just name. I ended up with well cut, and not much bigger! LOL!

Point is, that around here when looking at eternity bands (under .50cts) they perhaps call them points because it's harder to grasp .05cts, versus 5 pionters, or maybe it's just the "lingo here...
2.gif
These boys are hardcore!
9.gif

I say Ana, if you can get to Cartier and I can tomorrow, let's find out the respective prices of Bucharest (sorry to butcher the name, as I don't have the proper symbols) and New York, and see if they are comparable...

Ok, I need a life other than diamonds...
rolleyes.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 5/6/2004 4:10:05 PM moremoremore wrote:

Why the heck go to Tiffany or Cartier? (that squeeking sound is my wallet!)----------------

I don't know... these are very repeatable pieces of jewelry...

Nice, worm, fuzzy feeling... maybe
rolleyes.gif
. I would always make a case for top quality-everything, but what these brands make and others mroe mundane makers cannot reproduce is way out of my league.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
"Ok, I need a life other than diamonds..."

LOL... It is indeed shameful that I spend so much time here. Well, I'm going to see a stone tonight...so what will I do when I don't need pricescope anymore? I guess I'll have to upgrade. hehehehehe.

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
thank you so much to everyone who responded to my thread!
i cant believe Nicrez, that you would go to Cartier for me (well i guess for the diamonds really, )
1.gif
but thank you! that is so sweet!!!
well, i still havent found an answer yet, so if anyone knows, please let me know. thank you!!!!

btw,
the site you posted, signedpieces...
is that legit or is it knockoffs that say cartier, tiffany, etc???

thanks!

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
I'm pretty sure signedpieces is legit. I've heard of several people buying from there, and I've never heard any complaints about its legitimacy. Good to ask, however, because there are several Ebay jewelers who are scam artists who tarnish the reputations of the few legit jewelers.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Coarchitect, sadly today I was piled in with work, so no lunchtime excursion, but I promise I will make the trek next week!

Also, SignedPieces is VERY legit. I saw their store, and they operate a jewelery business that they give the same price online as they do in person. The quality is excellent, as is their estate pieces from designers, which they actually have contracts with to sell their used and estate pieces.

Totally legit, and if you need anything from their Facets line customized, they can do that for you. The operate out of a both in the Diamond District here in NYC, so I have been there many a times to browse and drool...

Cartier here I come!!!

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
Cartier does not have a 2mm eternity band. They have a 1.9mm that starts at $2,500.

Yes, I've looked.
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
2 point diamonds run 1.7mm in diameter, on average. 3 pointers run 1.9mm in diameter on average. Soooo, for a 2mm wide band, you'll be looking for diamonds in the 2-3 point size range. For size 5, it will take about 20 or so. White Flash carries "Ideal Cut" A Cut Above melee diamonds in those sizes. You might try contacting them.

www.whiteflash.com

1.gif

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
I don't know if this helps but I price the eternity ring at Tiffany's as follows: 84tcw, .03 each, round, brilliant, in channel set, 3mm wide, plat setting was $3,150. G/VS quality.
Some of the vendors on PS priced the same ring at $1,850.
A big savings.
Hope this is helpful

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
foundnemo-
well, and everyone!
thank you!
$2500 is the starting range for cartier...less then what i thought (although im not really sure what the "starting size" is)
well, tiffany in my size (2mm size 5) is $2100 and not that im dead set on either of these names, but it is just kind of intresting to see the (not so huge) price difference btw. tiffany and cartier.
hmmm....

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
You're welcome!

Next, someone go to Harry Winston and get a quote!
naughty.gif

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
ooooooh!
yes please!!!
Harry Winston.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results