shape
carat
color
clarity

Is My Eternity Band broken???? HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
So my eternity band e-ring from Signed Pieces is new to me in August, 2009. Just yesterday, I noticed that one of the diamonds looks weird and cloudy. It has no sparkle and has big white clouds in it. The certainly wasn''t there before!

What happened? What do I do? HELP!!!!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
have you tried cleaning it well?

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
It has taken numerous baths in the ultrasonic. It is perfectly clean.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, do you recall banging your hand on anything recently? If I recall your band has good sized stones in it, right? Do you have a loupe you can take a look with?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
oh dear.

a loupe is definitely needed
32.gif

hope its just dirt....

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
can you post a pic of your ring when you first got it?

we can tell you if there is a stone that looks different from the others (which would be bad news...)

fingers crossed this is soap scum or something...
40.gif

also post a pic of the ring now if you can, for comparison

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh no!! Hope it''s not broken and just really dirty instead!!!!!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I have lots and lots of before pictures - all stones are perfect. I''ll try tonight to take a picture of the stone. It does not look like scum or anything: the cloudiness is under the surface. It seems like an inclusion has exploded into a giant ugly cloudy inclusion - is that possible? The side of the stone has a minor chip now too on the girdle. Have I damaged this stone? How is that possible? Would there have to have been an underlying flaw in it for this to happen? If that is the case, will Signed Pieces fix this for me?

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Hudson Hawk, I don''t recall banging it, but it is not unlikely. As I noted above, the girdle is chipped on the stone as well.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Its a 2.14 tcw eternity, with 20 stones, so 11 pointers, give or take.

What am I looking for the loupe?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 10:20:48 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
I have lots and lots of before pictures - all stones are perfect. I'll try tonight to take a picture of the stone. It does not look like scum or anything: the cloudiness is under the surface. It seems like an inclusion has exploded into a giant ugly cloudy inclusion - is that possible? The side of the stone has a minor chip now too on the girdle. Have I damaged this stone? How is that possible? Would there have to have been an underlying flaw in it for this to happen? If that is the case, will Signed Pieces fix this for me?

LC, I doubt an internal inclusion "exploded" into a cloud. Given the chip, it's likely that you hit it at some point, with just the right amount of force, to cause damage. Any diamond can break, regardless of inclusions or lack there of. It's all about applying the right amount of force at just the right spot. It's physics.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 10:23:21 AM
Its a 2.14 tcw eternity, with 20 stones, so 11 pointers, give or take.

What am I looking for the loupe?

Just take a look at it to see what it looks like, does it appear broken?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
if the girdle is chipped, you almost certainly have knocked it. you just may not remember it.

all diamonds can chip, with not very much force if you hit it just right. against a car door, marble kitchen top, during passionate sex
31.gif

It can and does happen, though rarely.

have a good look with the loupe, what can you see near the chipped girdle?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 10:40:59 AM
Author: rosetta
if the girdle is chipped, you almost certainly have knocked it. you just may not remember it.

all diamonds can chip, with not very much force if you hit it just right. against a car door, marble kitchen top, during passionate sex
31.gif

So you just confirmed the single guys'' worst nightmare: marry the girl and you''ll never get good sex again!
38.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock

31.gif

Hahahaha!! Now I remember what happened
31.gif

I louped it, and it is most certainly damaged. So what do I do? Send it back to Signed Pieces? Have someone local (I''m in Calgary, Canada) fix it?

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 11:27:33 AM

31.gif

31.gif

I louped it, and it is most certainly damaged. So what do I do? Send it back to Signed Pieces? Have someone local (I''m in Calgary, Canada) fix it?

Im SURE when you tell your man THIS is how it happend, he''ll be happy to buy you a replacement stone from anywhere! ha ha ha ha ha

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2010 11:32:50 AM
Author: Sizzle

31.gif

31.gif

Im SURE when you tell your man THIS is how it happend, he''ll be happy to buy you a replacement stone from anywhere! ha ha ha ha ha
don''t forget that the ring was on her finger when this happened,so she needs to reward him with a diamond for her satisfaction.
31.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 11:55:01 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 2/3/2010 11:32:50 AM
Author: Sizzle

31.gif

31.gif

don''t forget that the ring was on her finger when this happened,so she needs to reward him with a diamond for her satisfaction.
31.gif
Did my husband put you up to this comment? It sounds just like him.... though he wouldn''t want a diamond, he''d sure as heck think he deserved a reward.

As to the OT- sorry this happened LC. That SUCKS. I have no advice on getting it fixed, just hope that you get a good resolution in some way, shape or form.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
LC, depending on the cost to replace the stone and repair any other damage, you could put a claim in to your insurance to cover the cost of repair. Or you could just have it repaired out of pocket. You could either send it back to SP (do they do repairs on non-factory defects?) or take it somewhere local. They''ll have to source a stone that matches the specs of the other stones though.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i''d call signed pieces and ask them the best way to proceed.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely contact Signed Pieces and ask for them to replace the stone with one of their own so it matches not only for color and clarity, but for cut too.

I''m sorry this happened and I know you live in Canada and it will be a bit of a pain to ship the ring back here, but I think it''s the only way you''ll have a replacement stone that matches perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results