shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Proposal Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caguy

Rough_Rock
I have lurked around the forums for a few weeks and have used everyone''s advice on purchasing a ring. Thank you for that. Now I need some help on arranging a good proposal. Here is what I have so far:

We are taking a two week vacation to Belize just after Christmas, this has been planned for a while and most days have already been planned out. We will be in the rain forest for the first week. Then the second week we are going to the beach for scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing, and relaxing.

I decided that I would rather propose in the nice beach resort.

So far my plan is to get up early and propose at the end of the pier at sunrise. ROCKZILLA, I have seen that you had a similar proposal. We are staying in a private bungalow near the water facing east. There is a private pier near the rooms and I hope it will be empty on that morning for the sunrise. I also already figured I can weave this into my proposal as the sunrise is the start of our lives together.

We also have a couples massage scheduled for that night at sunset. She already knows about this. The only other planning I have done is to attempt to arrange for phone service back to the US. I anticipate that she will want to call her mom and friends. I think I have this solved, but I will not know until we try it in Belize.

Beyond that I need some help, I feel like I am missing something. It seems like other proposals also include flowers or champagne. However it seems early for drinking, and I am not sure how to coordinate flowers. I am skeptical that I can get the hotel to put flowers on the pier before sunrise and getting them into the room while we are out may also require more time coordination than the hotel is capable of achieving. I also can''t bring too much with me, I will have a hard enough time hiding the ring for 10 days.

So I need some help with:

1) How to get her up so early. We will only be getting to the beach the day before and she will likely be expecting to sleep in. I can likely sell her on a sunrise the night before, but I am sure I will have to pull her out of bed in the morning.

2) What to do the rest of the day. We have scheduled that day as a relaxing day. Can anyone think of something romantic to do the rest of the day?

3) What should I do if the weather doesn''t cooperate?

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a good plan to me, especially the part about arranging phone access- good thinking!

I wouldn''t worry too much about needing flowers and champagne- those things pale in comparison to the actual proposal and I don''t think your girlfriend will "miss" them if they are not there (I mean, you''re already in Belize, hello! That''s pretty special). If however, you really want to incorporate them somehow, could you arrange to have a private breakfast where mimosas (orange juice with champagne) is served and there are flowers on the table? The breakfast wouldn''t have to be right after you get engaged- you could arrange for the breakfast to be later (8:30 or something) to give you both time to soak in being engaged. Perhaps the resort could set up the breakfast right on the beach?? Or on your private deck?

As for getting her up that morning, you could just wake her up and say "It looks like it''s going to be a beautiful sunrise this morning, let''s get up now so we can see it. We can come back to bed afterwords". Hopefully you''ll be able to convince her. If my husband was really excited and insistent on something like this I''d get up to humor him.

I don''t think you need to over-plan the rest of the day. Just see what you two feel like doing once you reach that day. Perhaps just laying on the beach will be nice since, as you said, you will just have been traveling the day before and you might be tired from getting up so early! Massages and a nice dinner would be a nice ending to the day.

As for the weather not cooperating, could you wait to try the plan the next morning, or the next after that? If not, simply proposing during a walk along the beach (perhaps at sunset, although I know the sun will be going down over the land, not the water) would be romantic if it''s a beach that isn''t full of people. Or, will you ever have a private boat to go scuba diving, fishing, etc...? If so, perhaps ask the resort to take you two on a little cruise after the activity and propose then? If none of those work, I''m sure there will be some spontaneous romantic moment during your vacation that you''ll just feel is the "right" time to propose, so don''t sweat it too much. That''s what happened with my husband- he proposed earlier than he had planned once we got to the place he was taking me because a romantic moment just presented itself and it seemed right in the moment.

Best of luck!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/20/2009 11:06:51 AM
Author: havernell
Sounds like a good plan to me, especially the part about arranging phone access- good thinking!

I wouldn''t worry too much about needing flowers and champagne- those things pale in comparison to the actual proposal and I don''t think your girlfriend will ''miss'' them if they are not there (I mean, you''re already in Belize, hello! That''s pretty special). If however, you really want to incorporate them somehow, could you arrange to have a private breakfast where mimosas (orange juice with champagne) is served and there are flowers on the table? The breakfast wouldn''t have to be right after you get engaged- you could arrange for the breakfast to be later (8:30 or something) to give you both time to soak in being engaged. Perhaps the resort could set up the breakfast right on the beach?? Or on your private deck?

As for getting her up that morning, you could just wake her up and say ''It looks like it''s going to be a beautiful sunrise this morning, let''s get up now so we can see it. We can come back to bed afterwords''. Hopefully you''ll be able to convince her. If my husband was really excited and insistent on something like this I''d get up to humor him.

I don''t think you need to over-plan the rest of the day. Just see what you two feel like doing once you reach that day. Perhaps just laying on the beach will be nice since, as you said, you will just have been traveling the day before and you might be tired from getting up so early! Massages and a nice dinner would be a nice ending to the day.

As for the weather not cooperating, could you wait to try the plan the next morning, or the next after that? If not, simply proposing during a walk along the beach (perhaps at sunset, although I know the sun will be going down over the land, not the water) would be romantic if it''s a beach that isn''t full of people. Or, will you ever have a private boat to go scuba diving, fishing, etc...? If so, perhaps ask the resort to take you two on a little cruise after the activity and propose then? If none of those work, I''m sure there will be some spontaneous romantic moment during your vacation that you''ll just feel is the ''right'' time to propose, so don''t sweat it too much. That''s what happened with my husband- he proposed earlier than he had planned once we got to the place he was taking me because a romantic moment just presented itself and it seemed right in the moment.

Best of luck!!
Ditto to all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results