shape
carat
color
clarity

Our stone is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maristidou

Rough_Rock
This is our stone!
appl.gif
1.38 Ct GIA-0 F SI1. It sparkles like crazy. I’ve had it for a few days now –didn’t want to post until I had some pics.
The stone scores differently when you use niceice/GIA stats vs. appraiser stats so I am posting both.

David Wolf niceice
Diameter: 7.21mm 7.21mm
Total Depth: 60.9% 61%
Crown Angle: 34.6 34.8
Crown Height 15.1% 15%
Pavil. Angle: 40.6 40.8
Pavil. Depth: 42.7% 43%
Culet: 0.3% 0.8%
Table: 55% 55.9%
Girdle: 1.6% 1.5%
Fluorescence: Faint None
Polish: Excellent Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent Excellent
Score: 0.7 TIC 1.4 TIC

Robin and Todd at niceice, it was a pleasure working with you!
I’d be happy to share my experience with anyone considering buying from them.

Also many thanks to Mara and aljdewey for all your multiple posts (Mara really picked this one out). Also thank you ZhenyaH, caratgirl, lop, phoenixgirl, hodne, valeria101 (hope you don’t think I am a color snob), madmarlin, riceboy22, fire&ice, Stephan, Rhino (sorry for not thanking you earlier), Patty, glitterata, alexah for your support, knowledge, comments and suggestions.

Pics are attached.

diamondpics.jpg

maristidou

Rough_Rock
This is what it looks like in relationship to my size 6+ finger.
Unfortunately my fingers are far from long and slender. (From my hand you can’t tell I’m only 25 5feet 6 inches and 115 pounds)

At least they'll have something sparkly on them.
rodent.gif

Melina

onmelinashand.jpg

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! Is this for an engagement? If so, even more congrats! You stone looks great, can't wait to see it in a setting!

Colleen

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He he! No color snob here... unless there is some blue stone in sight (NOT diamonds)
1.gif

This one looks like very eager to get from between the two fingers high up on one!

maristidou

Rough_Rock
Yes, it's for my e-ring. We've been engaged 5 months now so during this time I've worn a white gold/aquamarine/diamond ring that served as my e-ring until my fiance got his bonus!

Here's a pic of that.

Melina

aquaring.jpg

maristidou

Rough_Rock
Hehe, very eager!
rodent.gif
Now all that’s left is finding a setting for this little sparkly. After numerous hours tweaking pics of rings I have managed to produce a pic of what I’d like the ring to look like (pic attached -the diamond in the top down pic is really our diamond -just cut and pasted -hehe)
I am envisioning it as a rounded edge knife edge setting (top down must look really thin like 1mm) with very very small pave stones (0.01-0.0025ct) paved something like 6-8mm on each side of the stone and on the six prongs. If possible I’d want it done in 19ct white gold.

Do you know who could make this and how much it would cost?

Melina

my vision of the ring.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aha! there are a few recently posted designs that get darn close to that ring: the ring with cushion cut done by GOG (thread on 'show me the ring' by cushionsercher) and a model used to present the process of CAD design on the Dunn Jewelers site (PS posting as 'dunndeal'). The second one has a 'crown' of pave around the girdle of the stone, but the rest is very close and the model could be readily modified, I would say. Worth taking a look
1.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations for the purchase of your sparkler!!!
Nice size and great F color!
I'm so happy that, after your bad experience in a store, you had a great experience with NiceIce!

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful diamond!

Your setting idea sounds lovely.

I have to say I also love your other ring - that aquamarine one is gorgeous!

Jenibear

maristidou

Rough_Rock
Thanks Stephan and janibear
1.gif
(I'll keep the aqua ring as my right hand ring).

Valeria101 thanks for your suggestions. In most of the rings I have seen both the band and the prongs are too thick for my taste - maybe more people prefer them that way but also I guess not everyone has the skill to put tiny melee stones in a very small area (i.e prongs).

Melina

(Attaching one more pic of the stone- hehe)

face up.jpg

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Your stone is BEAUTIFAL! Congratulations. I have been searching around for a setting that is very similar to the one you would like. In my search I found some gorgeous ones but 2 that stand out as both beautiful in that they are so delicate looking and the craftsmanship impeccable. One is by Zanbar (sp?) and the other by Ritani. But the Ritani ring stands out to me because they do custom work and will work with you to meet the design requirements you wish. If you get a chance to check out his new pave styles I think it will match exactly what you are looking for. The style I am thinking of has 4 prongs as well as a thin pave band underneath the girdle. Gook luck on your search and keep us posted!

bling

Shiny_Rock
beautiful stone! congrats! you may want to check out micheal b designs..as he has some delicate pave settings.. he is a little pricey though..but beautiful. good luck and please post pics when its complete!
appl.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your new sparkly. The aquamarine was lovely, as well. I think that your idea for a setting is going to set that diamond off to perfection. Good luck hunting, and don't settle for less than your idea of perfection. You'll be so much happier if you wait and take your time until it is just right.

Shay

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Actually the settingI was talking about is:
http://www.theknot.com/bs_results_jewelry.htm?designerid=69&page=2
the 3rd one in on the top row. It is identical pave work as the one you linked to (endless love) yet it doesn't have the bezel and it has a tiny pave circular band under the diamond. But in there site you can see they do do custom work and they are not that expensive. I have seen and was interested in Michael B before falling in love with this setting and the price. Ex. endless love is about $2200 and similar Michal B is $5600 (setting only). The Zanbar (boyfriend thought she pronounced it Zambar) I couldn't find anywhere either but if you can ask your local jewelers I am sure they have heard of him or even better perhaps on of the many experts on this board who may have heard of him.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement, Maris. I think that actually finding the perfect setting may be harder than finding the perfect stone. But it sure is fun, isn't it?

Hi NoviceNYC,
I am from NY too!!! I live in Staten Island. Where are you located in NY?
I was at a BB&B store in NJ and I came across the Ritani setting that you posted with a round stone in it and I was absolutely floored by it.
It is beautiful, and it looked great with the matching bands too, one on either side.
IF I had to choose a new setting, I would definitely get that one. The diamonds add just a touch of sparkle to the center stone and are not too overbearing.
The price I saw for it was $1850, I think.

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
maristidou,

lovely diamond!!!! Congrats! The aquamarine ring is also fabulous. If you don't mind me asking, how much does a aquamarine ring like that cost? Where did you get yours? I really love aquamarines and am thinking about getting one for my lady!

maristidou

Rough_Rock
Obsessed- My aqua ring is from Bailey Banks and Biddle and it was something like $550. I had seen it in their store and fell in love with it a year ago (long before I became a savvy jewelry shopper and realized how much premium they charge) That's why my fiance gave it to me when he proposed (shortly after he bought us a house) to keep me happy until we could affort a nice big diamond
9.gif
that I would get to pick!

For a thriftier option check http://www.ice.com/customer/product_detail.jsp?product=75320300

It looks just like mine but a lot cheaper!

Melina

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
What a very nice-looking stone! And add me to the list of people who love your aqua. How thoughtful of your fiance to propose with such a beautiful place-holder. Is it by any chance your birthstone?

edited to say: Ooops--just noticed this is an old thread. Off to look at the pics of your finished ring!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone! Now you'll have a gorgeous diamond for your left, and a lovely aquamarine on your right! Congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results