shape
carat
color
clarity

preowned wedding dresses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Revana03

Rough_Rock
hi all, I just thought i''d share with all of you lovely brides the wonderful experience that I just had with buying my wedding dress on oncewed.com. I bought my dream dress that regularly sells for $5,000 (!!
32.gif
) for $2000! Everyone I contacted while searching for this dress was so kind and upfront. The women who are re-selling their dresses seemed so enthusiastic and eager to help in any way. I was most nervous about the actual transaction--i.e. sending 2 g''s to a complete stranger. The girl who i bought my dress from was utterly fantastic. We spoke on the phone several times and emailed back and forth for a couple of weeks. By the time I actually wired her the money through paypal I was totally comfortable with everything.
I wanted to share my positive experience with buying a preowned wedding dress in hopes of reassuring anyone considering this alternative. I would also like to hear any other stories PS''ers have had with buying a used wedding dress online.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
that''s great!!!!! can''t wait to see pictures!

VictoriaEremita

Rough_Rock
I am so happy for you! When you get it, be sure to come back and post some pictures of this beauty! I''m looking into similar avenues to find my dress, I think it''s such a great idea.
I recently found a dress on www.bridepower.com, which sells designer sample dresses. You really never know what will be in their inventory, the dress I was looking for was from a designer''s 2006 line but they also have newer samples. Like you, I was able to save a lot of money on the dress and it enabled me to have something I otherwise would never be able to afford. I haven''t gotten the dress yet, I just got an email that they shipped it yesterday, so I can''t comment on the whole experience yet, but so far so good!

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Can''t wait to see pictures of your dress... however, can you tell us more about that adorable doggie in your avatar? is it a Frenchie? I have a pug so I love all the smooshie faces!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I recently finalized the sale of my dress using preownedweddingdresses.com. It was also listed on oncewed. It was a great experience for me. I found a buyer pretty quickly and I'm really pleased with the way everything went. I now have the funds safely in my account and the dress is going to arrive at the buyer's house tomorrow afternoon. The bride who ended up with my dress is great, and a very lucky lady (if I do say so myself
2.gif
) My dress is so special and although I was sad to ship it out, I feel good about it getting some use rather than sitting in my closet. I would have bought my dress pre-owned if I had the chance. Its pretty unique so its awesome that someone else is going to wear it.

That being said, both buyers and sellers do have to be careful out there. But there are definitely some treasures to be found if you are cautious.

Revana03

Rough_Rock
cocolaw: i must say that I am pretty much obsessed with your louboutins! they are TDF! what a well-worth-it splurge :)

victoria: i looked on bridepower as well. they have some really great dresses at fabulous prices for sure! there are a couple of dresses on bridepower right now that I adore. Have you seen this carolina herrera stunner or this ML dress? I love them both, and so many others, on bridepower!

kiett: i love the little guy in your avatar as well! I am very impressed that you knew my madison is a frenchie too..most people have no clue what breed she is. we must both be suckers for the smush-faced variety of dogs. It''s just the cutest trait going--it makes them all look like adorable little monsters :)

goldenstar: definitely a valid point; of course everyone should exercise due caution when buying or selling a wedding dress online. Trust your intuition for sure! I am happy for you that you were able to connect with someone you felt comfortable enough to sell such a sentimental piece of clothing. I am sure the future wearer is SO grateful! Speaking from the buyer''s perspective, i wish that there were more post-wedding brides out there like you! is there any wedding dress commemorative (and funded) bling on your horizon??
31.gif

the dress that i purchased is the Scarlet dress by monique lhuillier. I fell in love with this dress the moment i laid eyes on it and refused to settle for anything else :) i promise that i will post pictures of me in it as soon as the alterations are made. it currently has boob pads added in by the previous owner that make me appear to be a [very fake looking] C-cup when im actually an A. I am attaching a stock picture of the dress just so you can get an idea of what it looks like :) have a great night!

moniquelhuillierscarlet.jpg

Revana03

Rough_Rock
by the way, did anyone see Jim and pam''s wedding tonight on the office?? i CRIED with laughter...i know theyre just make believe but they make the cutest couple :)

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
That dress is absolutely divine!! I cannot wait to see pics of you in it!! And tell us more about your smooshy pooch! I love that face!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
So I just browsed through that site for the first time and WOWOWOW! There are seriously like 3 gowns I''ve admired (from afar) that would probably fit/be able to be altered to fit me. Had you tried on the dress in person to know that it would fit/flatter you? Or did you just trust how you loved the dress on the rack/model? I will have to go try on some gowns to get a better idea of what my "real" measurements come to, but thank you for posting this! Please let us know how the rest of your experience goes!

emdash

Rough_Rock
That is a fantastic dress! My coworker wore it last summer when she got married and looked breathtaking.

Wonderful find! :)

Revana03

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 12:48:22 AM
Author: MagsyMay
So I just browsed through that site for the first time and WOWOWOW! There are seriously like 3 gowns I''ve admired (from afar) that would probably fit/be able to be altered to fit me. Had you tried on the dress in person to know that it would fit/flatter you? Or did you just trust how you loved the dress on the rack/model? I will have to go try on some gowns to get a better idea of what my ''real'' measurements come to, but thank you for posting this! Please let us know how the rest of your experience goes!

definitely a combination of the two! i saw the dress first and fell head over heels for it. In my email conversations with the woman who i eventually bought the dress from she strongly advised me to try it on at a bridal shop first. So I did. luckily, the dress was everything i''d hoped it would be. But my advice is to definitely try on the exacty dress if you can. If you can''t find the exact dress anywhere near you, find one that''s similar to it in style at a chain store (perhaps david bridal) and try that on. As so many PS''ers have said before me, you dont know until you put it on girl!! :) And magsy, i''m so glad you''ve found dresses that you like. Which ones are they??

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 1:18:53 AM
Author: Revana03
Date: 10/9/2009 12:48:22 AM

Author: MagsyMay

So I just browsed through that site for the first time and WOWOWOW! There are seriously like 3 gowns I''ve admired (from afar) that would probably fit/be able to be altered to fit me. Had you tried on the dress in person to know that it would fit/flatter you? Or did you just trust how you loved the dress on the rack/model? I will have to go try on some gowns to get a better idea of what my ''real'' measurements come to, but thank you for posting this! Please let us know how the rest of your experience goes!

definitely a combination of the two! i saw the dress first and fell head over heels for it. In my email conversations with the woman who i eventually bought the dress from she strongly advised me to try it on at a bridal shop first. So I did. luckily, the dress was everything i''d hoped it would be. But my advice is to definitely try on the exacty dress if you can. If you can''t find the exact dress anywhere near you, find one that''s similar to it in style at a chain store (perhaps david bridal) and try that on. As so many PS''ers have said before me, you dont know until you put it on girl!! :) And magsy, i''m so glad you''ve found dresses that you like. Which ones are they??

Thanks for the advice! There are quite a few I really love, but the one that I keep coming back to is the La Sposa Fanal. I pretty much love anything that is of the same style/fit. There are also a few others I love, must return to view when I have more time though!!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 11:42:09 PM
Author: Revana03
cocolaw: i must say that I am pretty much obsessed with your louboutins! they are TDF! what a well-worth-it splurge :)

victoria: i looked on bridepower as well. they have some really great dresses at fabulous prices for sure! there are a couple of dresses on bridepower right now that I adore. Have you seen this carolina herrera stunner or this ML dress? I love them both, and so many others, on bridepower!

kiett: i love the little guy in your avatar as well! I am very impressed that you knew my madison is a frenchie too..most people have no clue what breed she is. we must both be suckers for the smush-faced variety of dogs. It''s just the cutest trait going--it makes them all look like adorable little monsters :)

goldenstar: definitely a valid point; of course everyone should exercise due caution when buying or selling a wedding dress online. Trust your intuition for sure! I am happy for you that you were able to connect with someone you felt comfortable enough to sell such a sentimental piece of clothing. I am sure the future wearer is SO grateful! Speaking from the buyer''s perspective, i wish that there were more post-wedding brides out there like you! is there any wedding dress commemorative (and funded) bling on your horizon??
31.gif

the dress that i purchased is the Scarlet dress by monique lhuillier. I fell in love with this dress the moment i laid eyes on it and refused to settle for anything else :) i promise that i will post pictures of me in it as soon as the alterations are made. it currently has boob pads added in by the previous owner that make me appear to be a [very fake looking] C-cup when im actually an A. I am attaching a stock picture of the dress just so you can get an idea of what it looks like :) have a great night!
Love, love love your dress
30.gif
. I think it''s great if a bride to be can get a gorgeous dress at a knock down price

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
i LOVE that dress!! it''s absolutely stunning! can''t wait to see pics of you in it!!!

and, on a side note...the dog in your avatar is the cutest thing in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results