shape
carat
color
clarity

New Diamond Studs from Santa!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Last year, I lusted over a diamond pendant at our local B&M jeweler's shop. But, I waited tooooo late to get it for Christmas. Then I waited toooo long to get it for Valentine's Day. Someone else bought it. Then I found PS and learned about well made diamonds. I finally got a pendant that exceeded my dreams by Mother's Day. This year, I decided to get a jump on Santa.

My old, generic diamond studs just did not compare to the gorgeous diamond pendant I now have. And they seemed awfully small in size for 54 points total carat weight too. One day, while I was out, I stopped by the jewelers and had my old studs measured. They are about 4.15mm each in diameter. Way to small for the 27 point size each is supposed to be.
6.gif
So, I started shopping for diamonds to make a new pair of diamond studs.
3.gif

I wanted 1 carat tw, but I didn't have a huge budget. After searching the lists and comparing prices for a couple weeks, I knew I'd have to bump my budget a bit and search for less than a carat tw. I toyed with the idea of trading my old studs in to my local jeweler for a larger set of generic studs. With the advise of friends, I decided not to go that route. I started checking diameters on PS for closely matched, well cut diamonds in the 3/4 tcw range. I was looking G/H/I/J, and SI/I to maximize size within my budget. Then I realized, I could look a bit larger in carat weight and stay within my new budget.

Around the first of December, I had 3 possible pairs of diamonds for new earrings. They were all 85 to 89 points tcw. One set was a H/I pair of SI1 diamonds. One set was G, SI1. And one set was F, VS2. All 3 pairs of diamonds were comparably priced. Soooo, I chose color and clarity and went with the F, VS2 diamonds.

The stats:

Diamond #1
0.432 ct, F, VS2, ACA from White Flash
4.88-4.91x2.98mm
Table 57%
Total Depth 60.8%
Crown 14.5%, 34.0 degrees
Pavillion 43.1%, 40.9 degrees
Cutlet 1.0%
Girdle 1.0-1.2%, avg 1.2%
HCA 1.2, TIC, Ex/Ex/Ex/VG

Diamond #2
0.438 ct, F, VS2, ACA from White Flash
4.87-4.90x3.01mm
Table 56%
Total Depth 61.6%
Crown 14.7%, 34.1 degrees
Pavillion 43.1%, 40.9 degrees
Cutlet 1.0%
Girdle 1.0-1.8%, avg 1.4%
HCA 1.2, TIC, Ex/Ex/Ex/VG

Many Thanks to Mara and AlJDewey for their advise in my decision making process.
16.gif
Thanks also to Lesley and Brian at White Flash for an absolutely dynomite pair of diamond stud earrings.
9.gif
And big smooches to Hubby for getting them for me!
love.gif

Pardon the pics. This is my first venture into digital photography. Crossing fingers that the pics turn out OK!
1.gif

NewEarrings1.JPG

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Another shot of the same view. Taken on the kitchen counter top with regular lighting and no flash.

NewEarrings2.JPG

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't resist trying a shot on a CD!

NewEarrings3.JPG

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
A half way decent shot showing the arrows.

NewEarringArrows.JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
PQ - Your earrings are perfect!!! Enjoy
1.gif

Michelle

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Michelle!
1.gif

I just wish Macro photography was as easy as picking diamonds! LOL
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PQ they are beautiful! I love how even with the basic photography they still sparkle and shine like mad!!
1.gif
You will definitely have to master that macro on the camera, about 400 pictures later I think you will get it (speaking from my own experience!). Love the CD shot as well. Congratulations!!
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Simply breathtaking! Nice work, PQ! Congrats - keep that Santa!

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
I love the three prong setting. One day, I hope to find nice studs like that. As for now, I'll just have to wait. I love them. take some pics of them in your ear!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl! :}

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, these are really pretty!! Congrats!
1.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Very pretty! I'm jealous.
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
A perfect pair of studs!
lickout.gif
lickout.gif
lickout.gif
Wear them in good health!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful! I love the earrings, and the 3 prong settings. They really sparkle even without fancy photography.

Santa tells me I can get a similar pair for my birthday in April. (Letting the Christmas rush die down.) I'm looking forward to the hunt.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, lucky girl and great Santa! What a beautiful pair of ACA studs to go with your ACA pendant (which I have been drooling over since you first posted pics). Wear them all in good health.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU!! One and all! I do love them!
love.gif

The other day, at swim practice, several of us Moms were sitting around chatting about Christmas and our kids. One of the gals turns to me and says, "You got new earrings for Christmas, didn't you??!!" I told her yes and asked how she knew. I thought maybe my daughter told her daughter or something like that. Nope. She noticed them! Then she began gushing about how sparkly and clean and clear my studs are. The other Moms joined in at that point too. They had been eyeing them and wondering, but weren't sure and didn't wanna say anything.

Now comes the kicker! HeeHee They all asked where I got them. And, > how big, and how much?? I told them everything and they were absolutely in awe of the quality and the price. When I said we got them from a company called White Flash off the internet you would have thought I had 3 heads! One Mom collected herself and asked me how I found WF and how did I bring myself to trust an Internet company for such a large and personal purchase??!! I said, "The earrings were easy! White Flash made my pendant too!" It was utter silence and you could literally hear their chins hit the floor when I said that!
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
PQ - people are very misinformed when it comes to diamond internet purchases. . .I was in the mall today and was talking to a jewelery sales girl and I barely got the word internet out before she launched into a huge lecture on the dangers of purchasing diamonds, especially expensive ones, from the internet. I'm sure the moms you talked to have all heard such speels from sales people or if they haven't just assumed the worst. . .It's too bad because I bet about twice as many of us gals would be walking around with kick *ss earrings if we knew the secrets learned here on pricescope
1.gif
lol

At any rate, I showed the sales lady my earrings that I purchased on the internet and she was amazed at how sparkily they were. I didn't even bother to look at her reaction when I said how much I paid for them, I just walked right out of the store. I'm sure she was as stunned as the moms you spoke with!

Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results