shape
carat
color
clarity

My EC from BlueNile!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
kcoursolle: now THAT is beautiful!!! I love the setting! I wasn''t originally planning to go for the claw prongs if I went with the baguette setting but this might convince me to change my mind.
30.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates

julia.marson

Rough_Rock
Great Peaches! The stone looks amazing...

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks so much!
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 10:17:13 PM
Author: peaches
kcoursolle: now THAT is beautiful!!! I love the setting! I wasn''t originally planning to go for the claw prongs if I went with the baguette setting but this might convince me to change my mind.
30.gif
Aw, thanks peaches! Single claw prongs would also look great with tapered bags, if you end up going with Leon I''d let him decide since he''s got a great eye.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Hi Peaches-- It''s going to look fabulous with tapered baguettes!!!! Did your jeweller give you a estimate on how long it would take to order/set it? You must be so excited
19.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
kcoursolle: I'm thinking single-claw prongs for the tapered bags could look gorgeous! I'm going to solicit an estimate from Leon to see how it stacks up to my jeweler's estimate.

gummibear: I admit, my anticipation is threatening to drive me crazy!! Once the setting is decided upon the jeweler estimated a 7 - 14 day wait for the stone to be set. It would be lovely to have the ring on my hand by the end of April... *fingers crossed*

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
More photos...

satottu1.jpg

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Better quality...

satottu3.jpg

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Another one...

satottu2.jpg

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Last one (sorry these aren''t the best shots)...

satottu4.jpg

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Peaches its beautiful, can''t believe its a J.

Looking forward to seeing it set.

po
x

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Aww, thanks so much, Po!! I''ll post photos the second I get it home.
9.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, Im loving that stone!!! More pics. please!!!!
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is WOW!
30.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks Dani and Motownmama! I''ll take more photos ASAP.

Update from my jeweler: she''s gotten in touch with the designer of the setting I want and he''s supposed to respond tomorrow with the final pricing. Not sure how long it takes to create an identical setting (maybe 7-10 days?) but once the setting arrives at the jeweler''s it should only take another 24-48 hours to set the stone.

Should I hope that the ring will be completed by the end of next week...??
36.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
kcoursolle: by the way, I specifically requested single-claw prongs. I agree -- they''re the PERFECT size and shape for the setting.

I used this photo as a reference for the jeweler [not my ring but I can dream]...
2.gif

EC_baguettes.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 7:27:55 PM
Author: peaches
kcoursolle: by the way, I specifically requested single-claw prongs. I agree -- they''re the PERFECT size and shape for the setting.

I used this photo as a reference for the jeweler [not my ring but I can dream]...
2.gif
This is delicious!! I can''t wait to see how yours turns out!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Peaches, your EC looks lovely (great spread, too)! I also just love my EC from Blue Nile. I think the tapered baguettes + single claw prongs are going to look so gorgeous and classic.

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks kittybean! Is the EC in your photos from BN? I'm gonna go take a look at your ring thread now...
4.gif

ETA: your ring is BEAUTIFUL! Love the setting.
30.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
More photos! (You''re inspiring me to take these shots, Dani).
2.gif

Wow, the stone is in DESPERATE need of a cleaning. My fault for constantly touching it!

apfd1.jpg

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
My photography skills are going downhill!

apfd2.jpg

its lydia

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful EC. Congrats!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
That is just gorgeous!

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks its lydia!!!
1.gif

vespergirl, I''ve adore your ring. Just gorgeous!

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
Up until a few posts with beautiful EC''s recently, I really wasn''t that into them. But, when they are cut well they can be so stunning, and your stone definitely falls into that category! Absolutely beautiful! I can''t wait to see it in a setting!

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Wow, thanks so much soycoffee! That really brought a smile to my face!!
9.gif

Which reminds me, I forgot to add an update on my setting!

The setting my jeweler showed me when I visited last Saturday was just perfect. I loved the shape, the size of the baguettes, the clean lines and the price. The only problem was that the head was too small to accommodate my stone (never thought I'd be able to say that)! So the jeweler called the company that designed the setting to get pricing on the same setting with a larger head. That's when she discovered that the setting they had in store was erroneously priced -- the designer apparently used incorrect specs to create it so they lowered the price to compensate for the error.

Long story short, having the setting duplicated is going to be pricier than I'd hoped. But my jeweler is going to speak with one of the in-house goldsmiths tomorrow to see if the setting's head can be modified to accommodate a larger stone. This goldsmith is supposed to be somewhat of a "magician" when it comes to this type of thing so hopefully he'll be able to make a miracle happen here!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe I missed this post.....AWESOME EC.....CONGRATULATIONS ON FINDING YOUR DREAM!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Lori

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, is that just gorgeous or what?? Congrats on finding a stunning EC!!!! Loves it!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Aww, thanks so much Lori and Kaleigh!! I'm [im]patiently counting down the days until my setting is FINALLY ready!!!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results