shape
carat
color
clarity

How much is too much?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wear my ering, occasionally a RHR. But this reminded me of gal that worked at the post office when I stopped in to mail my jewelry back to WF, anyhow I noticed she had what looked like full blown ering sets on each finger, of both hands except her thumb,, I thought that was a little excessive then I thought to myself, maybe those were from different ex-husbands ...lol

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I belong to the Coco Chanel school of thought-accessorize yourself in the morning and then take one item off.

For me, where my hands are concerned, two rings is enough. One on each ring finger. I might be convinced to wear a pinky ring, but not thumb, forefinger, or middle finger.

ETA: Stackers are a whole 'nuther thing all together. If I had my druthers (and the jewelry box), I'd have a bazillion stackers! and I'd wear them on both ring fingers.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
As far as what I would wear myself (hypothetically of course)
28.gif
I prefer the look of no more than four rings total. I would count stackers as one ring in this case. So one ring on the main body of each hand and one thumb ring on each thumb. That would be the max I could picture myself wearing. But I am a very simple dresser so that would fit with my style.

As far as other people go I love it when people march to the beat of their own drummer so I think it is super neat to see someone decked out with a pirates treasure trove amount of rings. It brings them joy and makes them feel special so why not. Plus it is fun to look at and you know that there must be interesting stories to match the rings.

I also don''t mind guys in multiple rings. I suppose with more finger real estate they can more easily get away with the brass knuckles look. Needless to say I don''t mind the artist/musician look on a guy.
2.gif

Mrs.2Artists

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 5:00:23 PM
Author:White Orchid
One of the first things I notice about a person (especially since I''ve joined PS) is the jewelry they''re wearing. I''m a little surprised at how many women wear multiple rings on each hand. I saw a lady the other day who had a ring on each finger - thumbs and pinkies included.

Now I''ve always believed that less is more when it comes to jewelry, especially if you''re trying to look classy. I love to get dolled up as much as any woman, but 10 rings is just too much. And from a practical point of view, wouldn''t the rings get damaged from rubbing together?

I limit myself to one ring (or one set of rings) per hand. What''s your number?
Yes. Ten is too many.
Yes. They will damage each other by rubbing.
Yes. The Jackie Kennedy Onassis rule of dressing should apply: look at yourself in the mirror after dressing and remove at least one thing. Or don''t put all the bells and whistles on to start with.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Well, I wasn''t really a jewelry person before discovering Pricescope
31.gif
, so I only have two rings right now, my e-ring and a little WG diamond stacking band that I wear as a RHR (eventually it will get a few counterparts in yellow and rose gold, too). So, I wear only one on each hand!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
While I personally wouldn''t do the multiple rings per hand look, far be it from me to steal someone else''s happiness. Maybe each one has a story and she feels like they need to be worn, or maybe she just likes the look.

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
Usually just my e-ring, every once in a great while a random ring on the right. I generally go with less is more.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just can''t comfortably wear rings on any other finger than my ring fingers. So, it''s my wedding set on my left, and a RHR on my right ring finger.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Less is more.

I think that if a person is going to wear both a substant eng. ring and larger RHR at the same time, it looks better if they omit other peices for the day. Say only wear the two rings and a pair of earrings. No bracelet or necklace.

When you begin to question if you have too many items on at the same time, then you probably do!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I only wear my e-ring. I hardly ever wear jewelery at all, but I know I may go overboard on the wedding day by wearing earrings as well lol

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wear one ring per hand, with the exception of my wedding "set". When I was younger I would wear one on my ring finger and one on my middle finger, but that bothers me now...the rubbing, so no more.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
For me one finger per hand should be adorned....but I find that lately, I am liking the simplicity of just wearing rings on my left ring finger.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
If I''m going for a really funky look (only once in a long while), I''ll wear up to three rings on my right hand, but that''s only because I''ve got a bunch of sterling silver and marcasite rings that I think "go" together. One on my ring finger, middle finger, and thumb. But that is VERY rare, and only if I''m going somewhere that it''ll look appropriate. Normally I limit it to one ring per hand.
1.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 5:18:53 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I wear my ering and a RHR. I don''t love the look of multitple rings, as in one per finger, that''s too much. But that''s just me.
Thritto fo me too Kaleigh although I do also wear a pinky ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear my wedding band and e-ring on my left ring finger and a RHR on my right ring finger. I will wear my watch with them. And when I get the diamond bangle I want (next year??)... I will likely either wear it instead of the watch or not wear it (if it''s the blingy one I have in mind
27.gif
) . I will wear earrings (studs or small drops) and a pendant together as well (with all the rest) That for me is the maximum. Not all of my pieces have the same level of ''blingage'' though. My new pendant will be on the large side, but most of my other pieces are relatively understated (5 mm white crystal bezel set studs, I''m practicing for a ''real'' pair but so far keep losing one of the ''trial'' pairs so I''m not willing to risk the real thing yet), plain stainless watch, simple 7 stone RHR.

Most days I wear just my wedding band and nothing else.

Generally, it''s not just the # of pieces, it''s the pieces themselves and the person wearing them. My grandmother has this one full matching set, earrings, necklace, bracelet and matching RHR -- all gold with some diamonds, but only as an accent. But when she wears it man... she''s got some SERIOUS blingage going on. It always surprises me because it''s not a diamond intensive set (she has one of those too, but it''s a delicate set and doesn''t have the same in your face effect). I couldn''t carry it off. But she does.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
for me the only stacking happening is my e-ring and wedding band ..other than that I'll wear a RHR at times.

As a kid there are pics of me with a ring on each finger...10 rings all at once. Thank god I grew out that look
14.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To each his own. My best friend wears multiple rings on each hand and on her it works great. For me, one on each hand is more than enough.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I only wear rings on two fingers (like someone else said, stackers count as one!
1.gif
). Although a co-worker this past summer work the more delicate, cute thin gold bands on her forefinger and on her pinky on the same hand. I would love to do this, and I think it''d be fine if I wore something on the other hand.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results