shape
carat
color
clarity

H Color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Hi - I''ve had my e-ring for about a month now. It''s a 2.01 ct, VS2, H. Outside in the daylight, the diamond looks absolutely white. But in my office and house, I *think* I can see a bit of yellow. My fiance said it could be because it''s an H and not a better color grade (F). However, my friend mentioned that it could just be the yellow lighting in the office/house. Thoughts?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It very well could be your office lighting.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I have an H and it looks white for the most part. Of course, if you compare it to higher colors, it will look warmer. Even when looking from the pavillion, I don''t see any yellow.

It could very well be your lighting.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
In certain lighting, my G diamond can also appear yellow but in most lighting it is very white. I honesty believe that a D color will not have this effect (at least that is what I am hoping).

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Yellow lighting? You have your answer. All diamonds are influenced by lighting. Nature of the beast.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
it could just be the lighting. is a GIA certified?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 7:26:01 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
In certain lighting, my G diamond can also appear yellow but in most lighting it is very white. I honesty believe that a D color will not have this effect (at least that is what I am hoping).

Unfortunately even a D will look yellow under yellow lights. It just happens, it''s the lighting not the stone.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Hi Eva17 - yes, the diamond is GIA certified.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 7:30:16 PM
Author: neatfreak

Unfortunately even a D will look yellow under yellow lights. It just happens, it''s the lighting not the stone.
I understand if it is real yellow light but I guess I was hoping slightly yellow lighting won''t have such a strong effect. The thing is .. I know you are right. I remember my high school science class
7.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have an H and it looks completely white in flourescent light, incandescent light, and halogen lights. But there is a time when I am in the car and the sun comes through the tinted windows and it makes it appear that it has a little tint. I hate that but I quickly realize it is just the particular environment.

Stephen5813

Rough_Rock
I would say that if you''re talking about warmth in the face up position as opposed to from the side or upside down, that it''s the color of the light. If you think about it, all a diamond does is take light, bounce it around a bit and spit it back out (and occasionally split up the wavelengths resulting in fire). In short, warm light in = warm light out. Outside the color temperature of sunlight is a couple thousand degrees higher (bluer/whiter) so it will look much more white.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results