shape
carat
color
clarity

Will my princess cut work in this LOGR setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Help please!

I've got a natural pink diamond (0.47ct, princess cut, 3.8 x 4.1mm) and I would welcome your thoughts as to whether this would fit into this LOGR setting.

My concern is that the diamond is not symmetrical when turned on its axis - can it be skillfully set so that it "appears" symmetrical when set with the bezel setting without the bezel setting being thicker in one place than the other? I hope I've explained that well enough. If the answer is yes then I'd propose to ask LOGR to change the bezel setting to rose gold.

Here's my diamond and the LOGR setting.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the LOGR setting

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Do you know the dimensions on your diamond? If it''s only a slight difference in symmetry, I think you could get away with it!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2008 10:01:06 AM
Author: geckodani
Do you know the dimensions on your diamond? If it's only a slight difference in symmetry, I think you could get away with it!
The setting is 3.5mm. The diamond is 3.8 x 4.1mm - when you turn the diamond on it's axis you can see it's not square (if that makes sense). If you look at the photo of the pink diamond and tilt your head(!) you'll see what I mean! Do you think it can be hidden behind the bezel so it looks square?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. Possible? Yes. Would I trust LOGR to do it? I dunno....

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
LD, you can request LOGR to customize any head of the settings to fit your stone perfectly - I would just get the exact measurements and have it done that way, then have a local set your stone. I would not have LOGR set stones personally.
I think it costs ~$50 to customize the settings.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 10:10:22 AM
Hmmm. Possible? Yes. Would I trust LOGR to do it? I dunno....

Ditto. If you can afford for it not to work potentially, then go for it. But if setting it diagonally emphasizes the size difference and you already don't like that, I would pick something else.

I feel that it's a bit like hating your legs and wearing a miniskirt ya know? Sometimes you just shouldn't go there even if you love the skirt!

SparkleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have an answer for you but just wanted to say what a beautiful setting!
30.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everybody! I wasn''t going to get LOGR to set it so don''t worry about that. However, I don''t think altering the setting will work because the centre will lose it''s symmetry and look horrible. I''ve forwarded pictures to my jeweller and have asked his opinion so will let you know what he says.

My only other option is to set the diamond as in the picture above - square on - and I don''t really want to do that!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
What about setting it on its axis, but in a simpler setting that won''t draw so much attention to the asymmetry? Or maybe something like this? From Knox.

954_1_image2.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2008 10:59:40 AM
What about setting it on its axis, but in a simpler setting that won''t draw so much attention to the asymmetry? Or maybe something like this? From Knox.
That''s so pretty - thank you very much for going to the trouble of finding it for me and you''re right, that design would certain hide the fact it isn''t square. I think my diamond might be a bit small for that type of design and needs blinging up a bit though!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results