shape
carat
color
clarity

spacer band needed please help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I have been looking all over for a spacer band to go with my new set. I have finally decided on the 2mm white gold but which one. I can''t decide between the flat and the half round. Neither will be perfect but which is better? Any ideas or feedback are appreciated. Thanks, here''s the link to my new set https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-upgrade-40th-birthday-present.96812/
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Your set is kinda like a mix between flat and half-round, so I was pretty undecided too. But I''ll probably go for the half-round if I were you, cos I''d think that the edge of a half-round comfort fit will do less damage to your prongs than a flat (sharper) edge will. Just a thought...

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Gladyskristen thank you for responding. I was leaning towards the half round but hadn''t thought about it being easier on the edges of my other rings. Good point and thank you.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
MMT, I had a similar problem. I actually ordered a flat band and found it was too "flat" for my e-ring. I am now awaiting the arrival of my 2mm platinum band from signed pieces.

Kelli actually made an awesome suggestion, which was to buy a domed band and have a jeweler shave it down to match the curve of your e-ring and w-band. She said it was pretty inexpensive.

Hope that helps!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
ysj99 is your new band a domed band? What does your ering look like? Thanks for the advice.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
You beat me to it!!!
9.gif

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
I think the half dome 2mm gold band seems like a good spacer...

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Hey MMT, check out Beau13''s set. She got a spacer band for her set and it is Beautiful, that is where I got the idea.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladymentha and Buffy01. I''m going to look for Beau13''s and checkout her rings.
35.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
MMT - I just posted a thread on my little knife edge. It''s so thin it might be perfect for you! And really affordable.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Geckodani I just saw your post I was thinking 2mm half dome but maybe I need to look at knife edge. Yours looks perfect!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! It''s just a nice little bit of elegant. It would space, but not be huge, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results