shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 29th Sept till 5th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

Sorry I didn''t post last night. I ended up going to bed at 9 p.m. (which for me is unheard of) I ran 5.7 miles last night in addition to my 5 mile walk in the morning. At that point I had some nice whole grain spaghetti with light marinara sauce and turkey meatballs and then my body said "no more" it was time to start sleeping.

My SP nutrition tracker upped my calorie intake again since I am doing 90+ mins of cardio a day. I can max out at 1620 and still be ok...I am still attempting to stay within the 1200-1300 range.

I also started to make it a point to reduce my sodium intake.... I have been averaging over the last week of tracking my food, about 3000+ mg /day, max we should have is 2300/day. Yesterday I managed to keep it at 1896 mg....not great but I am trying to cut out as many packaged "diet food" items as possible and find products with low sodium.

Today I stepped out to the mall close to me to get a scale (gasp) and a ped egg (my feet are just horrible lately!!!)

I also popped in to the Natural Food store and got another 7 oz cup of Fage...yum! I also found some FF Pasta Sauce with only 20 mg of sodium/serving!

I will check in a bit later!

35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!

35.gif
We ended up shopping again today.Marty found a strange crack in one of his front tires.We have road hazard on them so took them to Sears to get it replaced.They were trying to convince us it was fine, not a flaw and said that the tire was okay.We pull a very heavy trailer and I’m like “I don’t think so”.Finally the boss comes over and asks a few questions and he said to replace our tire.We wandered the mall for a few hours while we waited for that to get finished.

I also got a hair cut today.They used curling shampoo, curling conditioner and put some curling cream in my hair.It looks kind of goofy to me but I will try the shampoo and conditioner tomorrow.I want my hair to look perfect without any work.Is that possible?

We had our trailer winterized today as well.It feels pretty chilly out there now with some light rain.

When I picked up my garnet earrings last night I noticed a completely new staff so thought I’d wander by again today to see if the guy who said he’s replace my garnet pendant was there.He was not so I asked if he was working later today and they said, “No, he quit”.I thought great he either got fired for offering to replace my pendant or knew he was quitting so agreed to do it.Anyway, the guy looked it up in their computer and it’s one order for me so I’ll see what happens.I would feel bad if he got in trouble for it but I did lost the pendant because their chain was faulty.

Zoe, LOL at going out to dinner to celebrate your weight loss.It’s funny how that’s the first thing we do to celebrate something – eat!I like your husband’s comment about historical movies being predictable.

1.gif
You are going to a PS get together?
cheerleader1.gif
Have fun!Post pictures please.

Steph, I will go check out your cupcakes.

3.gif
I am sure I’ll be fine but we ended up eating out again today and I had some chips and salsa plus dessert.Not horrible but more than I normally eat.I told Marty when we got in the car afterwards I hope my seat belt hooks.He just smiled and said “flake”.

PrincessDijon, you must be like me, if I go to bed that early I am usually very sick!I hope you got rested up.

sleepy.gif
What is a ped egg?Wow for running that far yesterday.That is awesome.
thum12.gif

I hope you are having a great weekend!Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday night all!

This morning I did 52 mins on the hampster wheel. I planned on 65 but my heart rate was WAY HIGH (mid 180s) from the word go an I just could not get it down so after a while I decided I better get off before I had a frickin heart attack at the gym. I''m blaming the hangover that came along with the red wine from the night before.

Not much appetite again today. We did stop for dessert on the way home at this chi-chi place that I usually love, but even that wasn''t thrilling to me.
33.gif

Have to get up very early tomorrow for the HH''s 5K. Early like 6:45. Ack!

Not much else to report. See you all tomorrow!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Had to wait for the satellite guy this morning (we have TV again, hooray!) and I had a hair appt. this afternoon, so no workout. We''re going to the gym tomorrow morning. It was a cool day today (we usually have hot Octobers and cool down towards the end of the month/beginning of Nov) and it''s drizzling now, in honor of fall actually showing us it still exists we had chili for dinner. Yum. Dinner last night was a blast. We went to a local pub with friends and I had a patty melt, yummy!

Marcy, I feel your curly hair pain. Most days I love mine, but sometimes I want to shave my head.

Panda, wow you certainly did a lot of cardio today. AWESOME!

Dee, I''d like to say I''m sorry you''re not hungry, but I''m jealous is more appropriate!

Steph, glad you had a nice walk. I''ll have to check out the cupcake thread for pics.

Have a great night all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DeeJay, I am worried about you girl.Not hungry and high blood pressure doesn’t sound good to me.Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

Kimi, yay for having TV again.
woohoo.gif
I am glad you had a blast last night at the pub. Marty loves patty melts. I had ½ of a hamburger with swiss cheese for supper today – it was yummy too.I have been working on getting my hair the way I want it for over a year and it’s finally getting there but as you say – some days it can be a nuisance.

Well, I am cold, sleepy and tired so I’m heading to bed a bit early.I feel like my cold is coming back again – rats.

Laters.

125420vuh9az127q.gif

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey HLTr''s...I don''t check in very often anymore, but I did want to let you know I''m still alive and kicking, and still working out and taking care of myself. I have been hiking/walking on my parents'' property with my dog about a mile and a half every day after work lately...lots of hills which are great for the calves and gluts, etc. It has been really nice here weather-wise so far this fall and I get the chance to just zone out and listen to my ipod for a bit and decompress after work.

I haven''t been able to be on the internet enough to stay up to date on what''s going on here on HLT lately, but I''m trying to catch up here and there when I can. It looks like there are some new faces here and some of the dedicated "oldies" are still around which is great!
36.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
marcy you can definitely have great hair without doing any work! Is your hair very curly? A good friend of mine has very curly hair and all she does is use a special shampoo and a special leave in conditioner. Then she lets it air dry and it always looks fantastic.

deejay - watch that high blood pressure. it''s VERY dangerous. my mom wasn''t careful, stopped taking her anti-hypertensive drugs and had a debilitating stroke. she lectures everyone now who has high blood pressure. i know she would lecture you too.

I have a minor cold, very congested but I went swimming anyway since I had a lesson that could not be canceled. It was only a half hour lesson, but then I swam laps for another half hour. I love love LOVE swimming. I like it so much better than going to the gym.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....sorry for being MIA.......After shutting down from work Friday and heading out for a bite to eat, etc., came home to find we had no internet service. We have a bundled package for the entire condo tower and everyone was down. We''re back up now. I did manage to get through my 3 days of working at home, but did not really enjoy it. With Charlie out of town, it was lonely and my mind wandered too much and I didn''t get that much done. Neither, it seems, did any of my co-workers. We all communicated via email etc., that we were all bored and just tracking time. Our new office is ready and we''ll be back at work tomorrow. Haven''t done too much this weekend. I did go to the gym yesterday and had a very long and productive workout. I''ve just basically spent a quiet weekend with Sakai. Eating''s been good. Last night I had a tuna salad wrap and a protien smoothy for dinner. Not sure what I''ll eat today, but have to stock up on groceries, so I''ll probably fix something decent at home later. I may or may not go to the gym today. I have some ''chores'' to do before Charlie comes home and I''d better get them done........lol

Sorry for the quick fly-by, but there are just too many posts to individually respond to since I was last on.

I''ll be very MIA from Wednesday on this week. I have to go to a corporate training class in Dallas on Wednesday and won''t be back until late Saturday night.

Did want to comment to DeeJay that I''m worried about you honey. You haven''t had an appetite in a while and you''re pushing yourself so hard on the elliptical. Do you think you might need to schedule a doctor''s visit?

And hey Monnie......it''s good to see that you are well and stll working out and eating healthy. We all miss you and wish you''d pop in more often.

Hey and hugs to everyone I missed. I hope you''re all having a very nice weekend.......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Sunday!I am going to work on laundry today and school.I made some low fat lasagna for lunch.I love how many meals we get out of it too.Yummy!I just cleaned up my raw veggies for the week and had some of them.

Monnie, it’s great to see you here.Your daily walks with your dog sound like a wonderful way to wind down and enjoy yourself.

CrownJewel, my hair is normally straight.It’s thick too.I had a really bad perm over a year and a half ago that burned my hair.After about 6 haircuts it’s still there.They don’t recommend giving me a new perm until it’s gone so the top is flat and hanging in my face and the bottom looks exactly how I like it wavy and lightly curled.Partial perms always turn out horrid on me.I guess I’ll just continue to wear barrettes.I am sorry to hear about your mom’s stroke but since she reminds everyone to watch their blood pressure I am hoping she is okay now.Swimming sounds like a nice way to workout.Feel better soon.

Rod, that’s awful to be without internet service – I am such an online junky I go crazy without it.I hope you won’t have a lot of catch up being away from work for the last few days.I am sure you’ll be happy to have Charlie come home today.Have fun in Dallas!

Have a great day.

Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all.

Just a fly-by...zoom.....

Our internet is already shut off, so I won''t be back online for a week. We close on our house on Wed, and move on Sat. I''ve packed so many boxes, I have cardboard splinters!!

JT is nearly all well, DH has a few days off to help move. SO, everything should go smoothly!

Hope all is well, and have a great week!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey kids -- happy Sunday! Just a quickie from me tonight.

I didn't work out today for the first time in god only knows how long. Took a much needed nap instead! Had to get up at 6:30 for a 5K (*I* didn't run of course, I just ferried people around who did!). What hell is that all about on a Sunday morning LOL?!

Thanks all for your concern about my appetite. I think I have it figured out -- new allergy pills. I always get fall allergies and this year I switched to different pills... at exactly the same time I quite eating. Geez, if I would have know it was this easy to lose 5 lbs in 7 days I would have started taking these for my fall allergies years ago! (Just kidding!).

And speaking of allergies, I had a smoothie today that must have had some kiwi in it (which was most definitely NOT listed in the ingredients) because I spent the afternnon in hives. At least my neck and chest aren't itchy any more but my lips still kinda are. Ack!

Gotta hop, but see you all tomorrow!

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Steph, Marcy and panda thank you for your encouraging words. I had my 6th session with my trainer today bright and early. It was hilarious because neither one of us are morning people so it was like watching two zombies trying to communicate with each other. We both decided it would be better to keep our "night owl" sessions so that we are more alert. I felt good about todays workout though. My muscles don''t hurt as much which I think is a good thing. I know that it is not because I am not doing the exercises right because my trainer won''t let me cheat. It has gotten to the point where if I even think that I may have done one of the repititions wrong I will add an extra one. Well I should start getting ready. My FI and I are going to Olive Garden and I am excited because I haven''t been there in a while. Talk to everyone later.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was walking on the treadmill tonight but my left foot had a strange pain in it twice so I quit.I think the shoes I have on are due for the trashcan and I did walk a ton this weekend so I am not sure which flared it up but I’ll put some ice packs on them tonight when I paint my nails.That always helps them. The shoes I wore yesterday always seem to irritate my feet and they are fairly new so maybe they just made my foot sore.I’ll see how my feet feel tomorrow.

Somethingshiny, good luck with your move.I bet you are excited to get in to your new house.

congrats.gif

DeeJay, pills can do funny things to me too.Sorry to hear about your reaction to the smoothie today; I hope you feel better soon.

1.gif

Muse, I like that if you think you didn’t do a rep exactly right you do it again.That is dedication!I hope you had a wonderful dinner at Olive Garden.

chowtimeguy.gif

Marcy

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hope everyone had a good weekend! I am bummed it is almost monday[:cry:

been eating pretty well...had Dunkin Donuts coffee for lunch yesterday and today
16.gif
haha. I never should have tried it! I havent been all that hungry, which is good. Trying to maintain that this week, I have a big party on Friday and I want to feel thin!!!

DeeJay...my date went well
2.gif
thanks for asking! I second those who said maybe you should get a check up re:your appetite? I hope you feel better soon!!!

I tried to do some Yoga today, but it was hard with my puppy licking my face and crawling on my tummy. We live in a loft, so it is hard to keep him separated, plus I don''t really want to, lol. I did get a nice walk in today, the weather was beautiful!

See you all next week!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Can I be on your weight loss thread? I think this is the right place to go? Lol, I''m such a scatterbrain sometimes. I''m trying to lose 35 lbs. by the time my wedding rolls around. This will put me back in the healthy body index for my weight (I''m 5''1") and I''ll look better (I know I know). To do this I will need to lose .67 pounds per week, yes not even a whole lb. My MOH informed me this is the best/healthiest way to lose weight instead of a couple lbs. a week. I think the main thing will be exercising. Once I get to colorado I will have access to an eliptical machine again (which is my favorite work out in the whole world, i just think its fun lol) as well as other gym equipment and my goal is to do 3 hours of exercising total a week. I''ve changed my diet, just not quite my working out and I''ve gone done about 3 jeans sizes in the last 4 months. I was a 17/18 and now I''m a 13/14 in just 4 months!! wowza. Anyways, tell me if I posted this in the wrong forum because I probably won''t realize it unless someone points it out haha

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Smurfysmiles! Congratulations for losing 3 jeans sizes. That is awesome. There is a new thread for this week so hopefully you found it; if not I hope to see you there.

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results