shape
carat
color
clarity

Detailed tano pictures, for ebree and butterfly17!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t want to clutter the pics thread with this. I''m sure there''s tons more info at the purse forum, but I find those ladies to be pretty defensive of their brand(s) of choice
2.gif
(who can blame ''em!)

There''s also a thread called "Tano Lovers, How Much Can You Fit Into Your Buxom Buddy?" (I forget, but I don''t think tPF links are allowed) that has some good capacity pics.
1.gif

Anyway, I was getting annoyed by some weird glue/string action on my bag a little bit after I got it, so I took some detailed pics of it to post on tpf, originally. Here they are. I think that''s the biggest thing that, for me, keeps it from being "nice." It''s sort of a fun whatever bag. For the money, I''d rather save a bit more and buy a rebecca minkoff (my current love, amazing craftsmanship, IMO).

museystano1.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock

museystano2.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock

museystano3.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock

museystano4.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Musey! The strings are kind of a bummer, but the bag isn''t falling apart, is it? I don''t know much about Tano, but have been lurking in tPF, trying to get an idea of how they''ll hold up in the Portland rain.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 9:05:39 PM
Author: EBree
Thank you, Musey! The strings are kind of a bummer, but the bag isn''t falling apart, is it? I don''t know much about Tano, but have been lurking in tPF, trying to get an idea of how they''ll hold up in the Portland rain.
Oh no, not at all. I just trim them up every now and then, and it''s better now than when I first got it (January). They''re basically just an annoyance, not any problem for the general integrity of the bag.

I took it to Hawaii in Feb and it got rained on quite a bit, and I didn''t notice any difference in the leather. I''ve read on tpf that some people had their leather soften a bit from rain, which is supposedly true of balenciaga as well.

One thing--the "crunch leather" is a bit on the shiny side, at least mine was early on... and it''s lost some of that over time. I like it better now that it''s more matte and soft, but some people really like the almost plasticky sheen it can have in the beginning.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hey Musey, thanks for the info. It''s interesting that is happening. I still think it''s an awesome looking bag. I really want something grape/purple/amethyst for this fall.

Thanks again! BTW, I love your green Bal. I miss having one, but it was too high maintenance for me as I was always afraid to get it wet, dirty, darkening the handles, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results