shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum, what is the right % to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ironguy

Rough_Rock
Curious is there a standard and what is the difference in say color. If platinum is under say 90 what else is in it? The higher the percentage the better the color? Trying to understand the whole thing as I am clueless about the whole thing. Would love some input on some experience with platinum purchases. Also I heard it is stronger than gold, I need to learn as much as I can before I chose platinum to set my diamond in. Thanks for listening.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t worry about the color! I promise you won''t be able to tell the difference! They all look like a shiny silver color!

Commonly seen is 95% platinum, 5% iridium. This combo is used a lot because it is easy to work with. It is a little softer than a couple of others, though, so you may see more scratches and the gray patina sooner.

The two combinations I would prefer are:

95% platinum, 5% ruthenium: this one is very hard and resists scratches well. It is used by Tiffany and Leon Mege.

90% platinum, 10% iridium: also hard and durable, used by Mark Morrell

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results