shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost Weight, I''m happy and Sad

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
So over the last year, I''ve lost over 30 pounds and gone down from size 12 to a 4/6. I''m just thrilled overall, really I am! I feel so much better physically and mentally. Its great to be able to go shopping and enjoy trying on clothes again!
But I''ve just really been struggling with, I''m not sure how to even put it, but I guess its just this sense of loss. Mainly in the chest area. I''ve gone down almost 3 cups sizes. I just feel so weird about it, like I should just be so overjoyed at losing all this weight.....but I''m just overcome with feeling like I''m not whole anymore, or not quite as feminine.
15.gif

I told my girlfriend about how I was feeling (who is very thin) and basically made me feel bad because their are so many people out there who would love to have my problem. I know that she has a point, and probably some of you reading this are thinking the same thing. I get it. I was at a point where I wanted breast reduction surgery because I was so uncomfortable with being large on top.....then I got what I was wishing for, and feel like this. The grass is always greener right?
Has anyone else gone through this? Did it go away as you got used to your new body?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I always lose weight in my chest! You can always wear push up bras!
27.gif
I am sure you look great and focus on the good parts, like do you have great legs? Show off those legs if that is something you like or your hubby likes? (it is true, focus on the good)
9.gif

eta: great job on the weight loss! Also, it is much better for you health, I always heard the more weight you carry up top the higher your chances are for a heart problems so another good thing to think about and like I said push up bras are great! hehe

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 11:30:34 AM
Author: Skippy123
27.gif
I am sure you look great and focus on the good parts, like do you have great legs? Show off those legs if that is something you like or your hubby likes? (it is true, focus on the good)
9.gif

eta: great job on the weight loss! Also, it is much better for you health, I always heard the more weight you carry up top the higher your chances are for a heart problems so another good thing to think about and like I said push up bras are great! hehe
Thanks for your kind words skippy! I may have to make a trip to V.S. and find some fun new things, huh? I think that''s what makes it harder is that hubby feels bad about it too, not as bad as me, but I can tell he misses them!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 11:38:14 AM
Author: joflier

Date: 9/12/2008 11:30:34 AM
Author: Skippy123
27.gif
9.gif

Thanks for your kind words skippy! I may have to make a trip to V.S. and find some fun new things, huh? I think that's what makes it harder is that hubby feels bad about it too, not as bad as me, but I can tell he misses them!
I would focus on other areas, he may forget about what he missed for sure!!!
31.gif
Really make a trip over to VS. hehe

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I was 130 before having kids and I was on the pill and was a full c cup. After having kids, I lost weight and am 110 now and a size 2. Not much left in the chest region so I wear push up bras AND this is the biggie. . . I lift weights such as chest presses. My chest isn't bigger, but my cleavage looks toned. It really helps. Try two 5 lbs weights and then work up to two 8 lbs weights.

Oh, and I thought of getting implants, but my friend had them and still has body issues, so I do not think implants are a cure-all. Two other ladies I know have had them and one additional still has body issues too and the other had one of her implants leak out!
14.gif

Congrats on the weight loss.

ETA - I use the VS very sexy push up bra! It is padded
2.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 12:24:25 PM
Author: MC
Hi,

I was 130 before having kids and I was on the pill and was a full c cup. After having kids, I lost weight and am 110 now and a size 2. Not much left in the chest region so I wear push up bras AND this is the biggie. . . I lift weights such as chest presses. My chest isn''t bigger, but my cleavage looks toned. It really helps. Try two 5 lbs weights and then work up to two 8 lbs weights.

Oh, and I thought of getting implants, but my friend had them and still has body issues, so I do not think implants are a cure-all. Two other ladies I know have had them and one additional still has body issues too and the other had one of her implants leak out!
14.gif

Congrats on the weight loss.

ETA - I use the VS very sexy push up bra! It is padded
2.gif
That''s a good idea with the weights. I have some lighter weights that would probably work for doing that. Thanks!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on loosing the weight. I am very proud of you.

I also lost it in my chest. Tee hee, my boobs now sort of look like prunes (probably somewhat due to my age
14.gif
) I also lift hand weights. I am sure that helps a lot to tone.

I feel better loosing the weight, being I am pre-diabetic. I am sure my hubby misses mine too, but he knows I have to stay healthy too.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 5:28:00 PM
Author: Linda W
Congratulations on loosing the weight. I am very proud of you.

I also lost it in my chest. Tee hee, my boobs now sort of look like prunes (probably somewhat due to my age
14.gif
) I also lift hand weights. I am sure that helps a lot to tone.

I feel better loosing the weight, being I am pre-diabetic. I am sure my hubby misses mine too, but he knows I have to stay healthy too.
Thanks Linda. Staying healthy is the bottom line! Hopefully in time I''ll get used to it (and keep the weight off)!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can understand where you are coming from, and it seems normal to "mourn" the body you used to have. It''s not even just losing or gaining weight, just a fact of life that nothing stays the same. Even just getting older one''s body changes.
Not exactly the same situation, but 2 years after having second child, back to my pre-baby weight, (around 123). Although my body looks more like it is supposed to be, my cups are not running over so to speak anymore. I am lazy at shopping for clothes and kept wearing bras for too long that were all stretched out because they were comfortable. I went and bought a couple bras that actually fit (nothing fancy, cotton) and found out for the first time in my life I am an a cup not a b cup. Kind of a bummer. But, I think I look much better now that my underwear actually fits. Buy some nice fitting underwear, it will make you feel much better about your new body.
Also as some people mentioned, if you do arm weights the whole upper chest, arm, shoulders area can be very sexy if they are toned.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 9:34:21 AM
Author: part gypsy
I can understand where you are coming from, and it seems normal to 'mourn' the body you used to have. It's not even just losing or gaining weight, just a fact of life that nothing stays the same. Even just getting older one's body changes.
Not exactly the same situation, but 2 years after having second child, back to my pre-baby weight, (around 123). Although my body looks more like it is supposed to be, my cups are not running over so to speak anymore. I am lazy at shopping for clothes and kept wearing bras for too long that were all stretched out because they were comfortable. I went and bought a couple bras that actually fit (nothing fancy, cotton) and found out for the first time in my life I am an a cup not a b cup. Kind of a bummer. But, I think I look much better now that my underwear actually fits. Buy some nice fitting underwear, it will make you feel much better about your new body.
Also as some people mentioned, if you do arm weights the whole upper chest, arm, shoulders area can be very sexy if they are toned.
I think you hit the nail on the head gypsy. I should really be happy, cuz now, maybe in 30 years, my boobs won't be down to my knees, just my belly button!
2.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL I get it about the belly button. After 2 kids its either a tummy tuck or one piece bathing suits for me from now on
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results