shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me set my green and pink rocks (lots of pics!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I vote Adwar halo pendant like Jelly''s for the tsav.
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look like great stones - pretty colors too.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Great stones, did you find the trav on the website or did you get is cut to order? I love the color and the cut!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 6:16:25 PM
Author: icekid
geckodani- Thanks! I am still leaning toward a pendant too..
18.gif

akmiss- heee I''m not giving the spinel up now
3.gif
The anonymous cutter.... ah, if you search through Freke''s spinel thread there is a good tip on how to google and find him. He is very talented!
It took me awhile but I figured it out
2.gif

thanks for the tip!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 9:33:37 PM
Date: 8/21/2008 6:27:42 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Oh I''ve been waiting for these pics of the spinel!!!

Wow I love them icekid! What are you leaning towards?
Really... I have no idea
19.gif
I have so much fun playing with them while they''re loose that it''s difficult for me to settle anything about what I really want in my head. I am seriously open to any ideas. I guess budget is somewhat of an consideration, since I need to save money to buy more rocks...... most. addicting. hobby. ever.
Don''t I know it!!I have how many unset stones now? And I''ve set how many? Um. None.

They are fun to play with loose...Very true. Very very painfully true...

ma re

Ideal_Rock
The choice is yours, but I think tsavo is too pretty for a pendant - it deserves to be in a ring
1.gif
I personally would set it in white, with some tiny diamonds if possible. But it''s all your call
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MonkeyPie, Catmom, Ebree!

Catmom- have to admit, the tsav is my favorite too (shhh don''t tell my pretty spinel hehe)

Ebree- I was actually thinking of a halo setting like Jelly''s for one or the other. Definitely still in the running!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
macy- thank you. I''ve been meaning to comment on your recent additions to your collection too- they''re great pieces!

LtlFirecracker- He actually had the tsav posted up on his website, it wasn''t cut specifically for me. But his new spess is still tormenting me......
32.gif

Freke- seriously, the two of us are becoming the queens of more stones, more stones.... but no settings! I do think I will collect stones just for my own enjoyment too. Who knew tiny colorful rocks could bring so much joy?

akmiss- glad you were able to find CWMNBN!

ma re- I am really thinking you are right on the destiny of the tsav. It''s going to have to be on my hand! Speaking of which, I''ve been doing a little searching for setting ideas so those will be coming up next!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I'm no longer MIA from my own thread... too much work!

It's becoming apparent to me that I won't be able to stand wearing the tsav around my neck. It's going to have to be a ring! So I finally sifted through some settings from adwar today. Since my e-ring is all that pave, halo deal I'm thinking something a lot more clean and modern for the tsav, keeping the focus on the stone!

Here are some ideas..... I need opinions!!

eta- this looks like yellow gold? But I will definitely go with white. I am also thinking a bezel like this will provide more protection for the slightly fragile garnet.

style_top2.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Might not mind a couple accent diamonds for a three stone...

style_top1.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
My hubby really likes this bypass type setting

style_top5.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
And then I''ve really been liking this simple bar type setting too, though I am not sure if this could be done with a garnet.

style_top4.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ok... so give me your opinions, ideas, feedback... I am leaning toward a ring with these cleaner types of lines at the moment. I really wish I had another matching tsav for the pendant though!

Pinkie the spinel is another story.... I''m still debating between pendant and ring. Maybe a halo like Jelly''s, or the martini I was thinking of originally for the tsavorite. Of course, then there are also the new options presented by the ebay folks Lauren found for a more blingy look. So confusing. At least I think I have a bit of direction now for the tsav.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 5:45:02 PM
Ok... so give me your opinions, ideas, feedback... I am leaning toward a ring with these cleaner types of lines at the moment. I really wish I had another matching tsav for the pendant though!
All in good time. All in good time.

I think Pinkie would look fab with some sparkly accent stones though. Maybe like LTP's new halo?

ETA: ...oooo...rose gold....

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 5:48:50 PM

All in good time. All in good time.

I think Pinkie would look fab with some sparkly accent stones though. Maybe like LTP''s new halo?

ETA: ...oooo...rose gold....
Freke, I was totally thinking rose gold for the spinel if I go that route! I''ve been wanting a rose gold ring, and now with the pink spinel- this might be the time!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol! I''m wanting rose gold for my tiny rhodolite garnet. It''s a deeper shade of pink than your Pinkie (which apparently is the stone''s name now) but I think it would be gorgeous in rose gold!

Have you seen any rose gold settings anywhere?

(I can''t wait for ACS''s new drop!)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 5:32:21 PM
Ok, I''m no longer MIA from my own thread... too much work!

It''s becoming apparent to me that I won''t be able to stand wearing the tsav around my neck. It''s going to have to be a ring! So I finally sifted through some settings from adwar today. Since my e-ring is all that pave, halo deal I''m thinking something a lot more clean and modern for the tsav, keeping the focus on the stone!

eta- this looks like yellow gold? But I will definitely go with white. I am also thinking a bezel like this will provide more protection for the slightly fragile garnet.
Gotta say I love this one. It''s pretty much what I had my jeweler create for my roval ruby. Ruby Ring I was going to add some engraving, but the ring looked so handsome as it was, that I decided to let it be.

I just picked up a matching ruby pendant yesterday.
9.gif
So, keep your eyes open, and that matching tsav could come along for a pendant in the future.
1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I like the bezel settings, I am assuming that this ring will be on your right hand, I would go for a bezel setting over the prong. I kind of like either a full circle bezel or a half circle, I think that it would look cleaner than the alomst circle one. I like idea of the ring your husband likes, but I feel like part of the circle is obstructed on that paticular setting. I don''t know it it would look like that in real life.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 5:32:21 PM
Ok, I''m no longer MIA from my own thread... too much work!

It''s becoming apparent to me that I won''t be able to stand wearing the tsav around my neck. It''s going to have to be a ring! So I finally sifted through some settings from adwar today. Since my e-ring is all that pave, halo deal I''m thinking something a lot more clean and modern for the tsav, keeping the focus on the stone!

I like this classic bezel set the best so far! Have you narrowed down your choices yet?

LS

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 6:03:54 PM
lol! I''m wanting rose gold for my tiny rhodolite garnet. It''s a deeper shade of pink than your Pinkie (which apparently is the stone''s name now) but I think it would be gorgeous in rose gold!

Have you seen any rose gold settings anywhere?

(I can''t wait for ACS''s new drop!)
hehe, Pinkie sounds like a lovely name. As far as rose gold- I am not sure. I wonder if stuller/adwar does their stock settings in rose gold. I don''t see any reason why they should not. I hope so, b/c custom is definitely not in the budget.

(I can''t wait for ACS to post their new stones too... these things are like the highlight of my month... the anticipation!!)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 6:54:10 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Gotta say I love this one. It''s pretty much what I had my jeweler create for my roval ruby. Ruby Ring I was going to add some engraving, but the ring looked so handsome as it was, that I decided to let it be.

9.gif
So, keep your eyes open, and that matching tsav could come along for a pendant in the future.
1.gif
Fly girl- I totally love your ruby ring! I missed it somehow when you posted it, so thanks for directing me there now. It''s definitely very close to what I have been envisioning for my tsav. Do you recall the mm size of your ruby, by any chance?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
LtlFirecracker- yes, this ring will definitely reside on my right hand. I am definitely leaning toward a bezel as opposed to going prong set. It will be great for the protection factor, as well. Yeah I know what you mean on that one setting my hubby likes being obstructed. I''ll have to see what else is out there.

LostSapphire- no decisions yet!! We just moved, and I know absolutely nothing about any jewelers around here. So, I need to find someone that I can trust to set my tsav appropriately and not chip it. I am tempted to have Quest do the setting, because I know they will do it right. But at the same time, it seems silly to do all of that shipping back and forth for a simple stock type setting. I''ll have to do some more research on local jewelers before I do anything decisive.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 6:58:54 PM

Date: 8/23/2008 6:54:10 PM
Author: Fly Girl

9.gif
1.gif
Fly girl- I totally love your ruby ring! I missed it somehow when you posted it, so thanks for directing me there now. It''s definitely very close to what I have been envisioning for my tsav. Do you recall the mm size of your ruby, by any chance?
Thanks. The ruby''s dimensions are 5.03x4.35x3.68 mm. This particular design has it sitting nice and low which I love.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Icekid, I''m flattered that you may have considered a setting like my halo pendant!

What''s your budget for this project?

I''m also looking to set my brown diamond and have been shopping for settings here and there.

I''ve observed that diamonds really set off colored stones. All that sparkle really brings out the color. It''s JMHO, but although solitaires are nice...diamond accents just bring it to the next level, ya know?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 9:58:59 PM
Author: Jelly
Hi Icekid, I''m flattered that you may have considered a setting like my halo pendant!

What''s your budget for this project?

I''m also looking to set my brown diamond and have been shopping for settings here and there.

I''ve observed that diamonds really set off colored stones. All that sparkle really brings out the color. It''s JMHO, but although solitaires are nice...diamond accents just bring it to the next level, ya know?
Jelly, I haven''t really set a budget. However, the less I spend on settings, the more I have left to buy more stones
9.gif
(oh the addiction...). I would not mind throwing a little extra sparkle into the mix, as long as the attention remains on the color! Do you feel that is the case with your halo pendant? At this point I''ve almost been thinking ring for both stones, because I can''t stand everyone but me getting to view them
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results